November 2016 Moms

Weekend Randoms | 4.23-24

Re: Weekend Randoms | 4.23-24

• My allergies are going insane - spring is underway - and I'm out of loratidine so I keep sneezing. Every time I sneeze it triggers a cramp so I inevitably end up going "aaaachooowwwwww." My husband is trying hard not to laugh at me. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • I'm laying here sniffling and eyes watering, considering taking Benadryl, so I can relate. But I just don't want to be more tired and bitchy than I already am! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt I sneeze the same way!  My husband came bolting upstairs one evening becuae he didn't know what that crazy noise was...... Ummmm just me sneezing.

My husband is anxious to get to the mall and buy a Lego set to work on.  Calm down its only noon and I haven't even showered yet.  Don't rush me I'm tired!  
  • @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt - I sneeze and cough the same way!  It was a little unsettling at first, but I'm pretty sure it's normal.  Do not like though.  Hope your allergies ease soon.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• @EmmieAnn22 any Lego set in particular? My DH is a Star Wars Lego crazy. He has so many kits it's pretty ridiculous. He will sometimes go for equipment ones like a bulldozer or whatever. 
  • My son's birthday is tomorrow. Birthday plans are postponed and possibly straight up cancelled since my entire family got hand foot and mouth disease. But I am determined to bake him a carrot cake, like he wanted. Thank goodness I already stocked up on what I needed. 
  • My terrorist, I mean child decided 1 hr was enough of a nap for today. Oh, no don't even worry about it. I didn't have things I needed to get done. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @jstinkz There is a small maze set I think we are going to get though my husband has been eying the Mercedes dump truck.  Anything could happen once we get into that store.  It started as just something my husband did and it's slowly become something we both do together.  I think we've done every large set that has come out in the last 3ish years my house is ridiculous looking.  I have a Lego Tower of Orthanc in my guest bathroom.  
  • We haven't had sex since I got my BFP. Is anyone else in this same sad boat? I feel bad for DH and he's being dramatic about how we didn't have sex at all when I was pregnant with DD (we did it maybe like 5 times?) so he figures it'll be the same this time around.

ugh, so frustrating. I just wish I had those high libido pregnancy hormones like some women get. Sex dreams have been off the charts though! Woah.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @AlexLindzz we just had sex for the first time since 5w5d (when I had the bleed). It was a nerve wracking experience for both of us...not very romantic lol
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @AlexLindzz We haven't had sex since I went on progesterone supplements at week 6 (I'm 10 now). Something doesn't feel right about penises near progesterone, though no Dr said anything to us about it. I'm hoping to start back up in the 2nd trimester. In the meantime, I try to give him a "tug" once in awhile. He appreciates the effort.
  • Has anyone noticed or mentioned that January 17 BMB has members now? 
  • @HeyBooHey I did notice that! So crazy!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went to a calligraphy class today and am now obsessed. Time to buy all the supplies and things!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @admiralkitty I've been doing calligraphy as a hobby for many years and I really enjoy it. I love my old fashioned dip pens, but my Pilot Parallels are amazing on the right paper.
    K.

• ahhhhh awesome @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt ! I learned how to use an oblique dip pen today. It was a modern calligraphy class so I'm very excited to play around more. I did my own for my save-the-dates and wedding but I was just copying fonts with a gel pen so I'm very excited to use real tools now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm seriously considering taking my DD to the movies tonight just because I really want some buttery movie theater popcorn. She doesn't need to know that's my motivation, right? Lol
  • I've been struggling with an uneasy stomach all day and didn't sleep well last night. DH was sweet to pick up some pedialyte on his way home from work today and I just switched to gummy prenatals.  

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and was really expecting to feel better by now. Anyone else have stubborn first tri symptoms?
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: 

• @AlexLindzz, we haven't had sex since we conceived (10 weeks ago!!). It had become a chore since we were so scheduled with temping and OPKs and then I was way too tired and going to bed super early. I'm finally getting my energy back and was hoping to get lucky (and make up the drought to my H) this week but he got diagnosed with shingles so we can't touch each other until his rash is completely gone. Guess it's not in the cards for us for a while :-/
    Hope you're able to get some libido back!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• We haven't had sex since I got my BFP. Is anyone else in this same sad boat? I feel bad for DH and he's being dramatic about how we didn't have sex at all when I was pregnant with DD (we did it maybe like 5 times?) so he figures it'll be the same this time around.

ugh, so frustrating. I just wish I had those high libido pregnancy hormones like some women get. Sex dreams have been off the charts though! Woah.
    @AlexLindzz I hear you and am in the same boat-- no sex since BFP!  Although my H isn't being dramatic about it.  I told him I was worried about puking on him and he was basically like, "yep, I don't want to be puked on."

I'm really hoping the 2nd tri is as magical as it sounds though!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• My husband and I live in different states because of my job. The last time I even saw him was my fertile week, because he flew out to do some baby making. While I miss him, I am very glad I don't have the pressure to have sex. I might be ok now, but in the beginning I would have been way to nervous. I get to see him in 10 days, I think I will be ready by then!  Honestly, having a house to myself during the first trimester has been so nice. I get to nap and be lazy whenever I want, no one around to talk me into going outside when I don't want to! I pretty much live in pajamas and there is no one around to judge me!!
    We will be back together for the third trimester, which I think will be good. I will need someone to bend over and pick things up for me by then, I think. 
  • edited April 2016
    I just booked my flight home. I'm going home to do a clinical elective in the community for three weeks this summer and I'm so, so excited. It's my first chance to go back since we moved and I've been missing the ocean so much it hurts. My vacation week for the summer is immediately after my elective so my husband and kids will be coming home for that too and we're going to get a cottage by the shore and just soak up the sun and sand and fresh, clean air for a week. 

Not or looking forward to doing the 17 hour drive while 5.5 months pregnant, but I did it before (on our honeymoon when I was pregnant with our kids) so I know I can survive it. 
    K.

• That sounds amazing @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt! So happy for you how well that worked out.
  • DH and I have been listening to the audiobook version of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up so today I wanted through all of my clothes and kept only the ones that "bring me joy". I still need to put the remaining clothes away but I'm so psyched to have filled the whole back of our minivan with the clothes I have been keeping out of obligation. Or in case they might fit again someday. Or that make me feel frumpy.

DH managed to put away a bunch of the kids' toys and clean our den. Hopefully they'll be better able to maintain it with much Less junk.
  • @HomeyDontPlayThat I'm way more obsessed with baby/kid clothes than I should be so I support any and all threads dedicated to that.
  • @HomeyDontPlayThat
    That is the cutest thing ever! The strawberry butt. I can't even with the cuteness! 
    I can totally see your vision! I am so glad our babies will be the right age to be able to enjoy their first summers! 
  • HeyBooHey said:
    @HomeyDontPlayThat
    That is the cutest thing ever! The strawberry butt. I can't even with the cuteness! 
    I can totally see your vision! I am so glad our babies will be the right age to be able to enjoy their first summers! 
    Right?! The patch on the bottom KILLS ME. AGGGGHHH! ♥
  • RoxellRoxell member
    edited April 2016
    @HomeyDontPlayThat
    That is super cute! I have been trying to avoid all baby related things until after we tell our DD though. I did go through the small amount of things I kept from when DD was a baby and I found a dress my grandma had made for her when she was just learning to walk. So adorable I wanted to cry!

ETA: I do plan on getting this onsie and wrapping it up for my DD to open though (that's how I plan to tell her I'm KU) *ps her name isn't sophie, I just picked the first one I saw on Amazon. And sorry if it's huge, I'm on mobile.

• @homeydontplaythat I found an adorable little dress that I absolutely had to buy for my future (if ever) daughter... while we were still TTC. Like, a full year and a half before I actually got pregnant. Fortunately it turned out I had a girl and I have photos of her in that dress. She now uses it for her dolls. 

Hope and hormones are a weird mix. 
    K.

• Y'all! Something is going down two blocks from
    my house! I live at the corner of a pretty busy road and it is the main road the local fire department uses, so I am used to sirens. But all of a sudden I realize that the sirens I hear are more than one fire truck. After hearing two or three go by, I look out the window and I see two life guard SUVs (I live near the beach) and the two police SUVs and then three cop cars RACING up my street, which is more of a narrow side street, not the main busy road. I go outside and see all the lights a few blocks up. Then two unmarked SUVs with wierd markings on their license plates fly up the road and a few minutes later a news van. It is all residential up where they are and there were no fire trucks or ambulances. What the heck?! I keep googling the news waiting to find out what is up! 
  • HeyBooHey said:
    Y'all! Something is going down two blocks from
    my house! I live at the corner of a pretty busy road and it is the main road the local fire department uses, so I am used to sirens. But all of a sudden I realize that the sirens I hear are more than one fire truck. After hearing two or three go by, I look out the window and I see two life guard SUVs (I live near the beach) and the two police SUVs and then three cop cars RACING up my street, which is more of a narrow side street, not the main busy road. I go outside and see all the lights a few blocks up. Then two unmarked SUVs with wierd markings on their license plates fly up the road and a few minutes later a news van. It is all residential up where they are and there were no fire trucks or ambulances. What the heck?! I keep googling the news waiting to find out what is up! 
    You should join a local police scanner group. They always get the news before the News.
  • I was just listening to the police scanner, but I think it is mostly over now. What is a police scanner group?
  • UTAmbs11 said:
    I've been struggling with an uneasy stomach all day and didn't sleep well last night. DH was sweet to pick up some pedialyte on his way home from work today and I just switched to gummy prenatals.  

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and was really expecting to feel better by now. Anyone else have stubborn first tri symptoms?
    Unfortunately, I didn't really get that 2nd tri feeling until about 17 weeks last time. Argh. But fx it comes as early as the 13th week for us both!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt I sneeze the same way!  My husband came bolting upstairs one evening becuae he didn't know what that crazy noise was...... Ummmm just me sneezing.

My husband is anxious to get to the mall and buy a Lego set to work on.  Calm down its only noon and I haven't even showered yet.  Don't rush me I'm tired!  
    Anyone else's sneezes different? I feel like mine are much more intense and loud since being pregnant. Maybe I'm subconsciously holding my muscles differently, resulting in a more intern sneeze?
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HomeyDontPlayThat Before my BFP I bought a onesie with my H's college football team name on it to use to break the news to him when we got pregnant. Not that the onesie is particularly cute in and of itself (no a-freakin-dorable little strawberry butt patch, unfortunately), but I've definitely regularly done the same thing, holding it up to my tummy or imagining a little face and arms and legs sticking out. Something about having an object to hold and feel makes the fact that there's a baby inside of me feel much more real.

My fun story for this morning: I was feeling good yesterday, so I did a bunch of chores I've been holding off on for a couple months, including washing the bed sheets. I've been lucky to have made it to the toilet to throw up everytime I've been sick in bed, so it was mostly just dog hair and saltine crumbs I was trying to clean up. This morning I'm missing church, back in bed with a migraine and lots of nausea, and—of course—I throw up right on my freshly cleaned sheets. GAHH, WHYYY?! Shoulda known I was jinxing myself.
  • HeyBooHey said:
    I was just listening to the police scanner, but I think it is mostly over now. What is a police scanner group?
    Usually there are FB groups that check the scanner, get the first for news in the area.They end being pretty popular. Some googling should give you whatever is in your area. I'll see a bunch of emergency vehicles fly past, flashing lights, missing kid posters, news things and the scanner always has the most updated stuff. Good for bad weather as well.
  • So out of no where, I am starting to get sick off if my prenatal gummies, they were great at first, but now I can't keep them down, apparently, my boyfriend ripped them up and put them into my cereal this morning. I knew I tasted something strange!