Multiples

HCG LEVELS - MULTIPLES

Hi Everyone,

Looking for help from mommies of multiples. I always had a feeling since I found out I was pregnant that there was more than one. I went for my blood work at 35 days after LMP. My HCG levels came back 6,700  and when I look at a chart, it shows a single pregnancy is 1,200-1,800 and multiples are 2,400-36,000 (on average of course).  I was just wondering for moms with multiples, what were your HCG levels are you first blood work and how many babies did you have.

Thanks!

Re: HCG LEVELS - MULTIPLES

• I actually have no idea what mine were when I had my blood drawn at 6.5 weeks. They never told me!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine were completely normal to low...but progesterone was through the roof. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • HCG levels are a terrible indicator of multiples. There's a vast range of "normal" and singleton pregnancies can have "high" levels and, as @LauraK33 said, multiples can have "low" HCG level. The only way to determine if there are multiples is by ultrasound. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • HCG levels are a terrible indicator of multiples. There's a vast range of "normal" and singleton pregnancies can have "high" levels and, as @LauraK33 said, multiples can have "low" HCG level. The only way to determine if there are multiples is by ultrasound. 

(***stuck in quote box***)
    I agree with this. Our levels were in the singleton range you listed, but we had 2. I know it's hard not to over think higher numbers, but just try to hope for a healthy pregnancy, with however beans you've been blessed with. 
  • Mine were low also and barely doubling so I wasn't super positive.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • I'm only lurking here (I'm not pregnant with twins and never have been) but when I first got my HCG drawn with this pregnancy, my HCG was definitely high.  Then we went in for ultrasound and it turns out I probably just ovulated/implanted a few days earlier, because I was further along than I thought I should be.  That's why my levels were high.