Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Looking for advice/experiences

I am 5 weeks 1 day pregnant and my hcg has been slowly creeping up so miscarriage is imminent, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this do you know if the doctor will initiate that or will it happen naturally? How long after that were you able to start IVF meds?

Thank you!

Re: Looking for advice/experiences

• You could probably ask your doctor to initiate a miscarriage. When I had slowly rising HCG my RE did two shots of methotrexate, then two more when that didn't work, then a tiny bit more in one shot. It cause me to miscarry my ectopic (I was about 5 weeks at the time). This time around I was supposed to be 10 weeks but baby was only 9 and had no heartbeat, so I asked for a D&C as I did not want to wait to miscarry naturally.

I would assume with starting meds it would be like with trying naturally. You gotta wait for your HCG to get down to 0, then have a cycle. Your RE may allow you to start BCPs (if that is their IVF first step) during that first cycle. You'd have to ask them to find out. I too am waiting for a call from my RE to find out about doing another FET, so I unfortunately don't have a concrete answer for you.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• runfastrunfast member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks so much for your response. I am sorry you are going through this too. I hope that you are able to move to your next cycle quickly. Do you get your period regularly? I don't get mine so I don't know how they will determine what a "cycle" will be. I thought I'd be ok but I'm a mess. Ugh.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had 2 previous miscarriages and will have a 3rd on soon. My RE has always offered medications but suggestions that they happen naturally. My pregnancies have progressed far enough to warrant a D&C. I found out on Monday that this pregnancy was not progressing well and now it's a waiting game. 

@runfast I'm sorry you're going through this. But as PPs have suggested I would talk to your doctor so you both can plan together. 
    ***Loss mentioned***
    Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married: 12-15-2012
    TTC: January 2014
    IUI 12-11-2014 ... BFP: 12-24-2014 MMC: 2-17-2015 @ 12 weeks
    IUI 6-1-2015 ... BFP: 6-16-2015 MC: 7-19-2015 @ 9 weeks 2 days
    IUI 3-4-2016 ... BFP: 3-20-2016 MC: 5-2-2016 @ 10 weeks 3 days
  • @runfast Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I didn't see your post. To answer your question, no, I don't have even remotely regular periods. They are generally 35-50 days in length, and never consistent. I also don't get any PMS, so I don't know when it's coming until I see blood. I talked with my doc and if I don't get one 4 weeks after my D&C he'll prescribe me meds to induce one, then I should be starting on whatever FET protocol he wants to do this time around.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• edited April 2016
    I had where my hgc slowly climbing. But I found out at 7 week and the baby had a heartbeat. At 8 weeks 2 day my baby no longer had a heartbeat and my doctor told I could wait it out and have a natural mc, take the meds, or have a d&c. I choose the d&c bc I felt like I was more mentally prepared for that. 
    I am so sorry that you are going through this.