October 2015 Moms
Options

HELP! baby is STILL in RNP!!

So my daughter turned 6 months today! And we are still struggling to get her into her crib. 

She has been in the rock n play since birth for reflux! I tried everything! Moving her when she falls asleep, the Merlin magic sleep suit, sleep sack with arms unswaddled( she rolls both ways), elevating mattress, lots of binkys in the crib, a lovey, CIO, nothing works! She wakes up every hour screaming the heart wrenching cry when she is in the crib, we don't co sleep so that's not an option. 

Sometimes we break down and put her in the RNP in the middle of the night because we are purely exhausted and she turns her head, falls asleep and sleeps through the entire night!! 

I'm beginning to think she is going to sleep in the RNP until she's 2!! Please tell me I'm not the only one fighting this battle! And what can I do to transition her and not be up every hour! ( this is going on 2 weeks, so the give it 3 days and she'll adjust thing didn't work either!) 

Re: HELP! baby is STILL in RNP!!

• Options
    We started putting the Rock and play in her crib that way she got used to her room and then moved her from the Rock and play to a flat Lane bassinet in her crib so then she got used to being flatter and we step by step got her out of everything into just a crib
  • Options
    We're having the same issue. This is our second LO that is still in the rock and play at this age, rest assured the transition will happen. She's almost 6 months, but she's starting to turn on her side. I figure eventually she won't be able to get comfortable and she'll decide herself to give into the crib. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Look up dockatot. Keeps them snuggly like the rock n play.
  • Options
    Check this out! We did this to transition our Lo and it worked amazingly!! We slowly took away the blankets underneath and now he's in his crib 8+ hours a night 

https://www.hellobee.com/2013/09/03/surviving-reflux-colds-angle-sleeping-and-crib-nests/
  • Options
    I feel your pain, my baby was the same. I tried to transition at 3 1/2 months and she wasn't having it. Usually I tried for 2-3 days then attempted the next week. I ended up finally around 5 months old got her to nap in the crib by making it similar to the rock n play. I put 2 blankets together in a U shape around her body, so it kinda cradled her. Then I took the insert (on the RnP) out by her head, she always would nuzzle it as she slept. I placed that at the bottom of the U , so she could be in a familiar feeling.
    The only thing I didn't do was elevate the mattress. But it did take her awhile to adjust. I started with naps in crib for a month then added nighttime. The nighttime adjustment took 3 days but we did have to implement the CIO method but she took to the crib alright. 
    Maybe your baby isn't ready just yet, give it another week or so. But know other babies are doing the same as yours and it is a tough battle! Believe me I said the same 'I guess she will sleep in that RnP until school starts!' 
  • Options
    https://www.hellobee.com/2013/09/03/surviving-reflux-colds-angle-sleeping-and-crib-nests/ I did something similar to this as well when transitioning to the pack n play. Worked wonders!
  • Options
    is your lo rolling yet? mine slept in the rnp until 9 months old