FFFC

Flame Free Friday Confession
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Mine is I am looking forward to DD moving to her room this weekend so I can start sleeping with my cat again.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    I am also planning to transition the babe to her crib in her own room this weekend.  I'm sad...my SO can't wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also planning to transition the babe to her crib in her own room this weekend.  I'm sad...my SO can't wait!
    It's funny with my first I was so sad. Now that this is our last I am so looking toward to not having to share my room anymore. She's a good sleeper and sleeps all night, but am so ready. 
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    I love sex. We have sex every day, sometimes more than once. But I'm not on birth control. And we are out of condoms. And he stopped pulling out....super risky. Probably dumb. I wanted another baby just not sure about this soon....my others are 7 years apart.  So my confession is I'm scared but I know the consequences of my actions so I'm prepared to handle it if we do get blessed again so soon. 
  • Options
    @nackie well mornings are the best time for sure. It sets the tone for the day and helps us have a better day at work.  But Somtimes in the middle of the night if one of us wakes up then we wake up the other. Lol and some nights once we get the kids to bed we do it then.  I just all depends on the day! But we both love it so we make it happen. 
  • Options
    My confession: I've spent way more time than I'd like to admit trying to figure out the logistics of people who have more than 1 kid but practice attachment parenting and bed sharing. 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited April 2016
    tfrangul said:
    @nackie well mornings are the best time for sure. It sets the tone for the day and helps us have a better day at work.  But Somtimes in the middle of the night if one of us wakes up then we wake up the other. Lol and some nights once we get the kids to bed we do it then.  I just all depends on the day! But we both love it so we make it happen. 
    ^ this! I could hardly wait to have sex again! We started to fool around shortly after LO was born when ever we got the chance. We both need it, especially with little adult time together anymore, for both the emotional and physical connection. It blows my mind that people say they're too busy, or tired, or what ever other excuse and are okay without it. I feel like it's a very important part of a relationship and if you want to make time for it then you find away. My husband is currently working a full time job, delivering the paper in the mornings to afford daycare and refereeing high school lacrosse games in the evenings leaving me to take care of all house hold responsility. If we manage to have sex most days anyone should be able too.  I'd be afraid of turning into roommates with a baby. 

Edit typo
  • Options
    l4rkl4rk member
    012016 said:
    My confession: I've spent way more time than I'd like to admit trying to figure out the logistics of people who have more than 1 kid but practice attachment parenting and bed sharing. 
    My BFF has 2 kids and practices attachment parenting. The pre-schooler sleeps in one bed with dad and the baby sleeps in a different bed with mom. 

When I was living in Ghana for a bit, the family I stayed with all co-slept on mattresses on the floor. They all just cuddled up together in a row!
  • Options
    kaym6kaym6 member
    I hate when people call their children by the first letter of their name especially when typing. For example my sons name is Samuel so if I texted someone "S is sleeping right now" I have NO reason this should annoy me and a lot of my friends do it haha 

I would love to be having more sex we definitely could find the time but every time we try where my stitches were feel like it's just going up tear open I had a 2nd degree labia tear. Idk if it'll ever get better it's depressing. 
  • Options
    @kaym6  I'm having an issue with scar tissue from my stitches and am so afraid of the pain. It is depressing. DH is so patient. I have another doctor appointment next week. It's frustrating because at the last appointment she acted like I wouldn't need this appointment. My tear wasn't even that bad.

My confession is that I've been considering throwing out food from my freezer to make room for breast milk.
  • Options
    kaym6kaym6 member
    @jrouge12 I know I have granulation tissue and scar tissue. At 6 weeks my doc said to make another apt if it didn't go away but I still haven't. I'm tired of being poked at but I really Should just go back ugh. Luckily my husband is also super patient! It's slowly improving I think. ALSO we bought a deep freezer to put in the garage for all my breast milk! Lol 
  • Options
    @KFrob yes! Sex is a huge part of mine and my husband's relationship. We would have sex more if our daughter would take a damn nap! We were also fooling around days after our daughter was born. We need it lol. I'm glad we aren't the only ones
  • Options
    cyanope said:
    I nurse my LO to sleep every night. I know I'm creating bad sleeping habits, but I can't seem to help myself. She's 15 weeks and I should be better at putting her down "drowsy but awake," but she cries every time I do, and I immediately give in and nurse her. She usually falls asleep within 5 minutes of me nursing her and stays asleep with a transfer to the bassinet, so I continue to do it out of convenience and because I can't handle her crying at all. I let her cry for five minutes last night (that's the longest I've ever been able to last) and I thought my heart would break. I swooped in and immediately picked her up. I think I'm creating a monster...
    No way. Your are providing the love and security that baby needs! Who the frick was this person that said babies ought to be put down to sleep drowsy but awake? This person obviously never had to care for a baby 24/7. You have great mommy instincts. Don't do something that causes stress and breaks your heart because it's what is "supposed" to be done. You are the best mom for your little squish. Follow your heart.
  • Options
    l4rk said:
    012016 said:
    My BFF has 2 kids and practices attachment parenting. The pre-schooler sleeps in one bed with dad and the baby sleeps in a different bed with mom. 

When I was living in Ghana for a bit, the family I stayed with all co-slept on mattresses on the floor. They all just cuddled up together in a row!
    AP, co-sleeper here! Our king memory foam memory foam mattress is on floor scooted up to the walls. Like your freinds in Ghana that's exactly what we do. Mom beside baby on one side and dad with our preschooler on the other side. Sometimes dh and I are back to back with kids on the outsides and sometimes the kids are on the inside. We keep the pillows and blankets to a minimum. We have our spare bedroom set up like that too, if we need to split up with kids or have some precious alone time. Say if big dd has cough or baby is fussy all night, we can do it like your freind does. I grew up like this too. I co-slept with my parents as a preschooler and then with my brother and sister through elementary. 
  • Options
    I feel touched out. Between my preschooler my dh and my ebf baby I'm always being tugged on or in some state of undress. I just want to be fully clothed and alone for thirty minutes once a day.