Baby Names

Team green name options

Hi everyone!
DH and I are ready to start planning for baby 2 and are discussing names. DS is  Zackary NN Zack.

For a boy, I love Calvin and he loves Brooks. MN will be George, Michael, or Howard (family names).

For a girl, I love Madeline, Violet, and Leah, He loves Ava but it's maybe too popular for me. MN will be Marie or June.

What do you all think? Other suggestions? 

Re: Team green name options

• I don't like Brooks at all. Love all your other ideas. Calvin is great and I think it sounds fine with any of the MNs. I also think it goes best with your son's name. Out of your girl names, I like Violet and Leah the most. Ava is pretty popular like you said. Madeline is really nice but I get hung up on the pronunciation issue. Mad-e-lynn vs Mad-e-Line vs Mad-e-leen.
  • Strongly dislike Brooks but love Calvin! 

I like Violet best of the girl name. I actually prefer the popularity of Ava over any more Maddy/MAddie type names. Leah is nice 

• Loading the player...
  • You could use Calvin Brooks or Brooks Calvin if you wanted. They sound fine together! I love Violet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like Calvin best and think Cal is a great nn. If Ava is too popular, I'd avoid Madeline too. There are Maddies everywhere. It feels more popular than Ava to me. I love Violet and Leah.
  • Madeline June and Brooks Michael would get my vote :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I like Leah and Calvin best.
  • Brooks Howard and Ava June

Other ideas: 

Benjamin
    Charles
    Ezra
    Herbert
    James
    Jacques
    John
    Raymond
    Richard
    Thomas
    Victor
    Wyatt

Anne
    Edith
    Eleanor 
    Esther
    Fiona
    Juliette 
    Mae
    Maxine
    Meredith
    Rachel
    Rose
    Sarah 

• Thank you all for the input! Second guessing Madeline now- it is trendier than I thought I suppose. I still love it though. I've always loved Wyatt but can't get DH on board. 
  • I love Calvin and Violet. I agree that Ava is too overdone. 
  • Violet June and Brooks George
  • Leah June and Calvin George
  • Hdhtk4Hdhtk4 member
    edited April 2016
    My vote is Madeline as that is my DD's name. We love it and it's not very popular in our area. I'm an elementary teacher and we've only had one Madeline come through our school in the past seven years. I also love Ava and Violet though! June for the middle name.

I don't care for Calvin, probably due to my own associations with the name. I would go with Brooks Michael, although that's NMS either. 

Pregnancy Ticker