Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Post ectopic question.

Hey ladies I hope everyone is doing okay. My levels are finally coming down they were 20 on Tuesday and almost a month later my bleeding is almost stopped. It's been a long tiring road but I'm glad to see the end near.

My question is is how long did you wait to DTD after ectopic pregnancies. I was treated very early with methtroxtrate** I completely forgot to ask my dr when he called and I don't want to call just with that question. Thanks!

Re: Post ectopic question.

• Mine was a while ago so I may be fuzzy on the details, but I'm pretty sure DH and I had sex after the bleeding stopped and I felt ready to do it again. I would definitely say contact your doc/nurse. If you can email them that's a great way to ask things like this.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• I had methotrexate twice and then surgery. At my one week post op dr said whoever we felt ready.  I think before surgery though while waiting to see if the methotrexate worked we were told not until levels very low or zero? Can't quite remember. I feel anxious about having sex again- I'm 2.5 weeks post surgery and I'm just worried it will hurt or bring up sad memories of the ectopic. But we will know when time is right I guess.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you have a follow-up appointment? I had a d&c and was told 2 weeks later that I needed to use condoms for 2 cycles, which was my green light to have sex, but not to ttc. I urge you to call, it's important to know if you need to prevent pregnancy at this time 
  • I was told to wait until my HCG was zero because you're still at risk of tubal rupture until your HCG is zero (or < 3), and there could theoretically be increased risk of rupture with increased abdominal pressure.  We were told to wait 3 months before TTC because of the methotrexate.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. My dr told me no sex until my numbers were zero and urged me to use protection until after i have an HSG during my second cycle. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017