February 2016 Moms

UO Thursday

Let it out mommas...

i hate the mentality that newborns are these portable accessories.. Maybe I'm over protective but I don't adjust babies scheduled to make anyone else happy and that's apparently not pleasing to some people 

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • @Vkrosa think that's bad my LO name is Ebisan. When ever I decide to tell someone I get ohh and what do you guys call him. Imagine the surprise when I say Ebisan. 
  • Vkrosa said:
    For the second time this week a random stranger has asked me my LO name. Then as soon as I say Amelia the response has been "oh does she have a nickname?" Seriously I don't care if you make up a nickname for my kid I just haven't found one I like yet. Why does she need a nickname? Amelia is a beautiful name. Ugh I hate people this week. 
    That has happened to us a lot too! Our son is named Jameson, and I have had probably 5 people ask "Oh, are you gonna call him James?" Ummm nope, gonna call him Jameson....
  • Vkrosa said:
    For the second time this week a random stranger has asked me my LO name. Then as soon as I say Amelia the response has been "oh does she have a nickname?" Seriously I don't care if you make up a nickname for my kid I just haven't found one I like yet. Why does she need a nickname? Amelia is a beautiful name. Ugh I hate people this week. 
    First of all, I love the name Amelia. If it went better with our last name I might steal it for our next one :) second of all, as soon as I tell people my daughter's name is madison, they call her Maddy. I said her name is Madison, not Maddy. I don't even call her that so don't just stamp a nickname on her
  • @ashton2190 & @Vkrosa
    The nickname discussion reminds me of an old teacher of mine. I have always been called Kate. My full name is Katerina. But she ALWAYS insisted on calling me Katherine. It's like forcing a nickname on someone, only backwards. :-p
  • I hate how much attention a stroller or carrier brings some times. I know it's something that comes with having a baby, but i was never much for small talk while waiting in line at the grocery store or where ever, so it's starting to get really annoying when i just am not in the mood to talk to random strangers about my LO.. and I constantly have to fake the smile cause most of the times I'm just so freaking tired to even try to keep a conversation going. I just never was a people person and lately i've realized how true it is.
    This is me. While pregnant AND with a baby. I don't really smile though. I will do this little shy half smile and purposely turn away from strangers and hold her tighter. I have been baby-wearing while my incision continues to heal from my c section so I feel I can control how close people get since her face is right below mine. I do my best to appear as private as possible while in public. If someone asks a question I answer but my body language screams "BACK AWAY!!!" :)
  • My UO is that Facebook all around sucks. I hate that so many things in life revolve around being active on it. I have an account purely because my husband asked me to have one but I rarely get on. 

• The look I get when my baby is screaming her head off in the store. She's tired and stuck in her car seat.... stop f-ing looking at me like I'm a child abuser. 

FYI... she totally fell asleep 5 mins after we pulled out of the parking lot. 

Mine does the exact opposite. Will be zonked out the entire time in the store (usually in the wrap) and as soon as I put her in the car seat, it's literally the end of the world. You would have thought I was murdering her 
  • @VitaLuna *lurking from March *, I live five minutes from his house and totally did meet him a few times. Hubby even played a song for him once. In Minnesota there are hardly any news as everyone is talking about Prince. While I typically do agree with this statement, it's interesting how I truly do feel like I lost someone or something. I just think it's sad when I realize that there aren't too many musical geniuses left in the world. No one will remember any of today's music and none of the musicians today will make an impact on the music industry and the world like the Beatles, Queen, Michael Jackson, and now Prince. And that I find sad. 
    imageimage

• @mshukh I'm in the TC too. I painted my nails purple this morning without thinking and almost took it off when I remembered and realized everyone would think it was for Prince...
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker