December 2016 Moms

Ultrasound thread

Re: Ultrasound thread

• Keep these adorable pics coming! I don't have my first u/s until May 6 at 8+1. That wait though.  :|
  • @mamax2 Did they happen to want to check betas? I really hope your bean is just camera shy.  I have been there where the silence of the doctor is deafening. Big hugs and hope a speedy three weeks!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • TW- loss mentioned

1st ultrasounds today. Measuring a bit ahead at 7w1d! The heart rate seems a little on the lower side at 117, but the OB was not concerned.  He offered to have me in for an ultrasound as often as I think need due to my previous loss around this time. I am going in next week to get me past the time frame of my last loss, then I think I will try to hold out until 12 weeks or later.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mamax2 Did they happen to want to check betas? I really hope your bean is just camera shy.  I have been there where the silence of the doctor is deafening. Big hugs and hope a speedy three weeks!

@MichaelSC28 besides the internal ultrasound, the only other things done yesterday was a pap, urine test to confirm pregnancy, and finger prick to check iron. 

• I had mine last week at 6w4d, hb was 138, im now 7w4d. They said it all looks great. I dont have my next one til im 20w but im going to  request a nt..
  • If going by LMP this was at 8 weeks (u/s was yesterday). U/S technician didn't give me a date though. I assume this is something my OB will tell me. Anxiously waiting for that call. I feel like it's small for 8 weeks though. Heartbeat was strong so I guess nothing to worry about. 
  • DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited April 2016
    @DumbledoresArmy - I'd crop or edit this and re-post.  Your name is visible. Also, my EDD is Dec 7 but I'm supposed to be 7+1, I wonder why the variances?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• DiFazette said:
    @DumbledoresArmy - I'd crop or edit this and re-post.  Your name is visible. Also, my EDD is Dec 7 but I'm supposed to be 7+1, I wonder why the variances?
    Thanks for that!
    Maybe it's a discrepancy between the last date of your period and your measurements, and you didn't O when they thought you did?  My dates is purely based on my measurements because I have irregular cycles.
  • @brittnic86  Only reason I had a 6 week scan was because it was with an RE instead of an OBGYN... they do a lot more monitoring in early pregnancy.
  • DiFazette said:
    Thanks for that!
    Maybe it's a discrepancy between the last date of your period and your measurements, and you didn't O when they thought you did?  My dates is purely based on my measurements because I have irregular cycles.
    @DumbledoresArmy - I O'd later than a normal cycle,but charted and temped so I can't be too far off.  I guess I was more asking at 8 weeks 2 days thought you'd be earlier in the month than the 10th. You'd be 6 weeks some, with a due date of the 10th.  Could that be a type and your due the 1st of December?   Either way, happy you had a great appointment.   

Pregnancy Ticker     

• edited April 2016
    @DiFazette , nope, it's definitely December 10th.  38 weeks from when I O'd (March 19th), which makes me exactly on track with my ticker at 6 weeks 5 days.  I'm not 8 weeks 2 days. :)

ETA:  Oh, I see why you are confused.  They had that because of my last period, but I have 40 day cycles.
  • @DumbledoresArmy I think the confusion lies on your U/S pic- it says 8w2d
    nonetheless- I'm 12/10 EDD too! And 6w5d
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • My ultrasound has my original due date (based on lmp) at the top and the weeks/days for that too. So it says I'm further along than I really am.
  • I have mine on May 6th too! Right at 8 weeks. This waiting is the worst!
    edited April 2016
    @DumbledoresArmyAhhhhhhh!!!! I was sofa king confused!  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Mamax2 said:
    @mamax2 Did they happen to want to check betas? I really hope your bean is just camera shy.  I have been there where the silence of the doctor is deafening. Big hugs and hope a speedy three weeks!

@MichaelSC28 besides the internal ultrasound, the only other things done yesterday was a pap, urine test to confirm pregnancy, and finger prick to check iron. 
    Ugh this was me awhile back..I had to start asking for Betas. I know that after they get a HB they usually don't check but if its before then I would def ask just to see where the numbers were at.  I would probably just call and ask IF you want to just have a lil peace of mind.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
    edited April 2016
    DiFazette said:
    DiFazette said:
    Thanks for that!
    @DumbledoresArmy - I O'd later than a normal cycle,but charted and temped so I can't be too far off.  I guess I was more asking at 8 weeks 2 days thought you'd be earlier in the month than the 10th. You'd be 6 weeks some, with a due date of the 10th.  Could that be a type and your due the 1st of December?   Either way, happy you had a great appointment.   
    @DiFazette according to her ultrasound, the due date is based off her LMP. At the very top it says GA(Gestational Age), (LMP) = 8w2d. Based on my last menstrual period i'm behind, but based on ovulation i'm right on track. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• I was just called in for a dating ultrasound later this morning! I estimate I'm 5+6. Will anything be visible at that stage? How about heartbeat?? Hoping for some optimistic stories.  *nervously excited* 
  • Mamax2 said:
    @mamax2 Did they happen to want to check betas? I really hope your bean is just camera shy.  I have been there where the silence of the doctor is deafening. Big hugs and hope a speedy three weeks!

Ugh this was me awhile back..I had to start asking for Betas. I know that after they get a HB they usually don't check but if its before then I would def ask just to see where the numbers were at.  I would probably just call and ask IF you want to just have a lil peace of mind.
    Thanks. I think I'm going to call and see if they can check for me.
  • @mamatopequenito I just had my first ultrasound today (6 weeks exactly from when I think I ovulated). They were able to see a heart beat- 110- and measured me a 5w6d. It's early but definitely possible. I am going away next week so it gives me piece of mind. Don't worry if they don't see one though, its too early to be meaningful. fingers crossed you get a heartbeat!

• I squeaked some info out of the technician and I'm not sure what to make of it. Can someone help me interpret? There is definitely a sac in my uterus with what she described as a "blip that could be a yolk" in it but it's too small to tell and didn't classify it as an "embryo" yet (let alone see a heartbeat). Does that seem on par with possibly being 5+6?? Or would that have to mean I'm significantly less far along? Anybody?
  • My ob/gyn didn't ask if we wanted an NT, she just gave us the script for it. She's also seeing us again in 4 weeks to do a cell-free fetal DNA test and to hear the heartbeat. We were able to see the heartbeat, and baby was measuring 6w 5d instead of 7w 2d, but the doctor was not worried, and I'm taking my cues from her...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I squeaked some info out of the technician and I'm not sure what to make of it. Can someone help me interpret? There is definitely a sac in my uterus with what she described as a "blip that could be a yolk" in it but it's too small to tell and didn't classify it as an "embryo" yet (let alone see a heartbeat). Does that seem on par with possibly being 5+6?? Or would that have to mean I'm significantly less far along? Anybody?

QBF I'm not an expert but I have Googled the shiz out of this. It is normal for the fetal pole to not be visible at 5w6d. That's why they normally don't do a u/s until 7 weeks. Generally a fetal pole with HB is visible at 6w but even that is early. Every day counts this early on. Your baby might be visible tomorrow but not today

Also if you're only going off of LMP that estimate could be way off. It assumes you Oed on CD 14, which not everyone does. I Oed on CD 24-26, for example. If they rely on LMP it's going to be way off.

Try not to freak out. ☺ I know how nerve wracking it is.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

If it makes you feel better, I was exactly 6 weeks from my O date for my first U/S last Wednesday and we could only see a gestational sac & yolk sac but no fetal pole. As much as it is worrying and frustrating that it seems like everyone else can see a HB before or at 6 weeks even (I had some good ugly faced cries about it that's for sure), you just have to remember every pregnancy is different and you just need to wait for the next U/S to see. :/
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Had my first ultrasound at 7w3d today. Baby is measuring right on with a heartbeat of 155bpm. So exciting!
  • I have my first US later today. I'm 7w5d and so nervous and excited!
  • lvmmblvmmb member
    I'm so jealous of all these fun u/s! I'm 8+3 weeks a long and my doctor won't see me until I'm 12 weeks! May 26th is my first appt :(
  • Had my first ultrasound today.  Should be 7w1d, but measuring 6w1d, which would mean I tested positive at 3w1d.  That alone is making me anxious, but I did have a heartbeat of 108 today which the tech said was right on target for that date.  I see my high risk OB tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get some reassurance.

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him. ~ 1 Samuel 1:27 NIV
    edited April 2016
    Had my first ultrasound today.  Should be 7w1d, but measuring 6w1d, which would mean I tested positive at 3w1d.  That alone is making me anxious, but I did have a heartbeat of 108 today which the tech said was right on target for that date.  I see my high risk OB tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get some reassurance.
    @BellieGirl - I was temping and charting and got my first squinter of a BFP on cycle day 25 after an ovulation(assuming based on temp shift) on CD 17.  If you ovulated right at 14 days, you could have very well got your BFP then.  FX for you!

Pregnancy Ticker     

• BellieGirlBellieGirl member
    edited April 2016
    @DiFazette - Thanks for the positivity.  We lost our little one at 20 weeks in October, so everything is making me anxious.

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him. ~ 1 Samuel 1:27 NIV
  • Had my first ultrasound today.  Should be 7w1d, but measuring 6w1d, which would mean I tested positive at 3w1d.  That alone is making me anxious, but I did have a heartbeat of 108 today which the tech said was right on target for that date.  I see my high risk OB tomorrow.  Hopefully I can get some reassurance.
    @BellieGirl I tested positive at 8dpo (3w1d). I thought my dates must be off and I messed up my ovulation day but the ultrasound confirmed that my dates were spot on. So it is possible, especially with pink dye tests. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes