Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday

This was always a favorite of mine; I hope you guys don't mind if I bring this back this week.  (Womp to me not posting it at a reasonable time.)

Win:  What are you winning at this week, or what is your week winning at?

Wine:  What is your favorite alcoholic (or nonalcoholic) drink to pair with dinner?

Whine: If you could choose one of your weaknesses to turn into a strength this week, which one would you choose?
me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
BFP! . jan 2017
DD . oct 2017

Re: Win/Wine/Whine Wednesday

• Options
    I love this thread! Thanks for starting, @virginiaham!

Win: I am kicking butt at work this week. I have a regulatory deadline next week, and I am almost done already!

Wine: I love sweet tea, but I'm trying not to drink caffeine since my endo diagnosis. 

Whine: Definitely my lack of social interaction skills in small groups. I'm fine when speaking in front of large groups of people, but I struggle in smaller groups. No idea why, but I'd definitely like to improve this.
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    It's a little late, but I will play! :)

I feel like I am winning (aka not losing complete control) of my emotions and mental state of mind. I have a bad habit of thinking of the worst and I have been trying really hard to redirect my mind this week.

Wine:  What is your favorite alcoholic (or nonalcoholic) drink to pair with dinner?
    Usually I'm pretty boring and just drink of water, but if we are being 'fancy' we will have some red wine. 

Whine: If you could choose one of your weaknesses to turn into a strength this week, which one would you choose? 
    One of my biggest weaknesses is being really shy with people, at first. It is really hard for me to break out of my shell. I feel like this is a strength because it prevents me from saying things that I shouldn't.

And I'm adding this because it made me laugh

10/2/10  <3
    Me:29 H: 31
    TTC#1: Aug 2015
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5e3072

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love these positive threads :)

Win: I had to send out an e-mail to 50K+ customers yesterday, advertising a monthly subscription service we offer (online education) that costs $500... we got 33 conversions from it today, which is HUGE... that's like $20k extra revenue a month.

Wine: I say this every time there is a drink question, but Malbec. I pair it with things most people think it doesn't pair with (like fish), but I always love pairing it with a nice medium rare steak.

Whine: I absorb other people's energy too much and then always put myself around the wrong energy. I am naturally extroverted, but whenever I'm around an introvert, I get really withdrawn. Likewise, I'm naturally very peppy but you put me around a lazy person, and I get really sluggish and it really bothers me a lot. So I guess I just need to spend more time around the right people.
  • Options

I feel like I'm winning at work. I've been super productive. Housework, on the other hand, has me totally defeated. 

I love Mike's Hard Lemonade or a dirty Shirley if I'm feeling like something stronger. 

I have a serious problem getting out of my shell which is why I don't have many friends irl. The few I've trusted, have seriously betrayed me which makes it even harder for me to make new friends. I wish I didn't care what other people thought and just felt comfortable stepping out of my comfort zone. Maybe I would meet more people and the resting bitch face syndrome would stop. 

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    Win: I've been kicking butt at work and at home getting stuff done this week.

Wine:  I'm really into red blends right now.  

Whine:  I'm more sensitive then I would like to be.   
  • Options
    Win: What are you winning at this week, or what is your week winning at?
    I'm winning at being a good leader this week. I've been really working on having a stronger voice, and expressing my opinion about things at work. My team sees me as a leader, so I'm trying to embrace it and be an f-ing good one. 

Wine: What is your favorite alcoholic (or nonalcoholic) drink to pair with dinner?
    I'm lame: Water. But this week, it's been really hot, so I wanted something really refreshing. I've been drinking lemonade + coconut water. Also - if I was feeling feisty, maybe I would add some vodka to it! 

I'm inside of my own head a lot. I have a creative mind and am also an analytical thinker - which makes me really good at my job - but in my real life makes me overthink everything and imagine every possible outcome, good and bad, and stress out about it constantly.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Win:  What are you winning at this week, or what is your week winning at? Friday is my last day on my own!!  I'm meeting a friend in Seattle over the weekend and I just found out my parents get here Monday to stay with me until my H gets home.

Wine:  What is your favorite alcoholic (or nonalcoholic) drink to pair with dinner?  I love sparkling water (thank you, Europe!).  Bonus that my H likes it, too, and it has largely replaced his at-home diet soda consumption.

Whine: If you could choose one of your weaknesses to turn into a strength this week, which one would you choose?  I've been really anxious this week with my H out of town, and it's made little tasks that I enjoy seem monumental.  He is so good at being ok with today as it is and that's definitely not one of my strengths a lot of time.  
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    Win:  What are you winning at this week, or what is your week winning at? I've had a really frustrating work week but I got a ton accomplished yesterday and I think I'm getting better at being forthcoming about what my issues are with and not taking crap from people anymore. People may not like it, but I care less than I used to :).

Wine:  What is your favorite alcoholic (or nonalcoholic) drink to pair with dinner? I'm a recreational wine drinker only and I'm one of those uncultured people who don't think wine and food go together :). Give me water or pop with dinner and then I'm fair game for wine or cocktails after! Something sweet like Reisling or Moscato.

Whine: If you could choose one of your weaknesses to turn into a strength this week, which one would you choose? I'm extremely opinionated and sometimes I get carried away with expressing them. I definitely think having a strong opinions can be a good trait but with a different tone in delivery. 
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017