Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

I guess I'll start!

My TW is everyone on both sides of our family who are pressuring us to get pregnant because THEY want us to. Like we owe them a baby. It'll be the first grandchild on both sides. My mom is being super supportive about the journey and I can talk to her about anything but she's super excited about the concept of a grandchild that I don't think she realizes how much pressure that puts on me as an only child.

DH'S family is all 'better get going while your grandparents are still alive so they can enjoy their great-grandchild before they die!'. Um, yeah, working on it. 

This stuff is hard enough. It would be one thing if I was making a conscious decision to not get pregnant or put it off, but I'm TRYING and I have no control over it!
Me: 32
DH: 33
Married: October 2015
TTC #1: October 2015
EDD #1: June/July 2017

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs to you both, @MelissaM090 and @mrsstuessy!!  Your twatwaffle nominations are far more real than mine.
    Me - 30  DH - 36
    Married 10/12/13
    TTC #1 since 10/15
    Chart!
  • Options
    @QueenSunscreenI know. I think mine might be a little to real. haha! But I totally get the anger over the Kleenex too. Seriously. If someone did that in the fall during my allergy season it would NOT be cool.

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @melissam090 my parents have been great at not really saying much about us conceiving ( this would be their first grandchild) but DH's are a different story.. they like to say things like when you have kids, I'll do this for your kids blah blah.. and even though it's not outright pressure, it is.. and I wish they just wouldn't say anything... It gets annoying.
    @mrsstuessy *hugs* I am so sorry... I hope that once this project is over, he can give you the apology you deserve... stress or no stress, that's no way to talk to someone.
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • Options
    mrsdaddariomrsdaddario member
    edited April 2016
    @MelissaM090 I hear you! My MIL keeps making small comments here and there. The other day she gave me a bag full of baby clothes that my SIL's 6 month old son is grown out of. She literally said to me "you should wear a onesie on your belly to bed for good vibes!" She KNOWS we're going through difficulties getting pregnant. I let that slide. Then on Sunday she told DH and I that she's saving all of my SIL's baby stuff for us.   And this is horrible of me to even say, and sounds SO petty and spoiled, but I want new stuff. Sorry. There I said it. Also, MIL, you're stressing my uterus out! I know she means well, and that grandchildren are all she pretty much has to look forward too; but relax. 

@mrsstuessy Damn. That is rough! I really hope by "jar that fell out of the fridge" that you meant "the jar that I threw at his head".  It's easiest for those closest to us to take things out on us because they know we love them and will forgive them. But that would have pissed me off incredibly. Being married in and of itself is a sacrifice. Maybe he needs a reminder that he's not the only one dealing with a heavy load right now! Fx it gets better when the thesis is turned in and done with! 

Edit: Spelling
  • Options
    @MelissaM090 That pressure is awful. I haven't been getting it from anyone, but more pressuring myself with my grandparents' age.  They are definitely in their final years if not final year, and they were the first ones who really turned my H's heart toward TTC and encouraged us on being parents.  I've had to let it go and forgive myself/this process that they may not in fact meet our first child.  That situation sucks and it's heartbreaking and I'm so sorry someone else is trying to prod you with it!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    My TW is definitely trivial compared to most of yours, but...my senile English bulldog is being a TW. I usually come home on my lunch hour to let the dogs out and this is what happens everyday: I let him out, shortly he begins barking to come back in, I let him back in, shortly he begins barking to go outside, repeat. Make up your mind!!! And let me eat my lunch in peace and quiet.
  • Options
    @MelissaM090 sorry about all the pressure--I have definitely avoided certain events because I know questions will be asked.
    @mrsstuessy Ugh, sorry your H is so stressed and taking it out on you. I wanted to tell you that when I was in grad school, I was also a huge TW to H when I was feeling the pressures of school--it was SO not fair to him but I am so grateful that he stood by me the whole time and was so supportive even when I did not deserve it, and I'm sure your H feels the same!
    @queensunscreen Ugh, my nostrils hurt just thinking about assaulting them with a napkin--stealing Kleenex is really not OK!!
  • Options
    sLass42sLass42 member
    edited April 2016
    @MelissaM090 I feel your pain. We mentioned ttc to the mil and now i get monthly texts "do you have anything to tell me" ughh. Doesn't help that DH is the only son ttc (brother came out recently)
    @queensunscreen same face-filled-with-snot issues here. I'd kill the kleenex stealer! I just keep a roll of TP on the desk, no one steals it lol
    @linzruns so sorry about the crazy mil. I can't believe she blew it off. You can always set posts so she cant see them and then she can't comment on anything!

Today my TW is work. It's peak season and I'm the receptionist annnnd I'm super sickly. Well our other account rep left so now I'm getting all the work the boss doesn't want to deal with. I already handle 4 phone lines, notify for pickups, handle reorders, new customer inquiries, clean the office, order supplies, file, handle billing, setup couriers, and more and now I get to deal with the crappy people that take hours to do an order. Now I have to handle the webstore orders and card verifications. I'm thinking a raise is definitely in order ($11/hr eck) but don't know how to ask being a small business and DH works here too..today feels like
    ....and then I have no idea what I've gotten done, so lost..
    eta- arrgh the sickness
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>

• Options
    DH's brother who is a loser drug addict and doesn't have a job at 40 years old. He got into it last night with my husband on the phone about us not footing the bill for him to fly down for a funeral. He's such a POS.  DH finally blocked him on fbook and we told him he wouldn't be part of our lives anymore.  Man what a twat.
    Me: 34 DH: 36
    TTC#2 September 2015
    DD #1 born July 2014
    Clomid 50 mg x2 months- no ovulation
    Clomid 100mg x 2 months- confirmed ovulation first month, BFN
  • Options

@sLass42 I'm tempted to just unfriend/block her altogether, but I'm afraid it'll cause more drama.  Then again, who cares.  She started it!  lol

@felix08 My yorkie does that too!!  And he's currently mad at me because I didn't take him for a walk yesterday, so he's even worse.  And I'm not going to be able to today either, so I'm sure I will get the same treatment after work.  Total TW.

@MelissaM090 I'm sorry!  I'm getting all sorts of comments from literally everyone because my youngest is 4 1/2 apparently that's too long to wait to have another.  Even my family is starting to hound me.  I hate the "nothing is ever good enough" mentality.  Hugs to you.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• Options
    My TW is customers who can't afford the insurance on the toys they buy, and want me to incessantly shop their entire policy every time they buy a new toy..... They can't pay $100 a month for insurance, it has to be $95...They can't afford anything over $95.... "Get me a price at $95 or below" well sir, that's not really how this works.... I can't control rating or the prices I am quoted.  I want to say so bad, well, if we are up in arms about $5 I think you have bigger problems to deal with here. But.... Customer Service.
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement. There is still a lot of frustration and sadness in our house today, but once he came home I realized he is really, really sorry. Good thing I love that damn fool so much. 

One more (slightly lighter) TW for me today. I think it can be summed up with the following: "Who do I need to screw to get a root canal?" 

2 weeks ago my dentist referred me elsewhere for a root canal. I had to wait TWO weeks to schedule the appointment because of insurance. I called today, the day I was told to call. The new dentist never got the referral. I called the agency that processes the referrals. They never got the x-rays so they couldn't process the referral. I give up. And apparently I am willing to resort to prostitution at this point. I have had to do every single thing to get this referral processed, including literally going to the dentist office two weeks ago and telling them I wasn't going to leave until they got the right fax number. (the first 4 times they faxed it, it didn't work). 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My eyes are a TW. I've worn contacts since high school, but ever since January I've had so many eye issues. The first infection was bacterial and was so bad my eye swelled shut. Now, both eyes need medicated for allergies. Drops in the morning, drops at night, glasses all day every day. I don't mind glasses, but I'd rather wear them because I want to, not because I have to. I'm just patiently waiting for my eyes to feel normal again!
  • Options

@bambino4465 I had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago! My doctor had me switch to this contact solution:

and it fixed all my problems!  If you decide to try it make sure you soak them for the ENTIRE 6 hours or the hydrogen peroxide will burn the S**T out of your eyes!!  Hope this helps, eye problems are awful!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @bambino4465@SienaC
    That cleaner really is the best. I was having eye issues for months, and finally had Nasal surgery after being diagnosed with chronic sinitus.

I thought maybe my eye issues was the cleanser, then the sinitus. Turns out my eyes are allergic to themselves. The proteins I produce because I'm wearing contacts.

My eye Doc said that the sinitus likely pushed my eyes over the edge. So now I can only wear dailies. They are awesome... but much pricier. Apparently eventually my eyes will begin to reject those as well. So is either glasses or lasik... I don't feel comfortable wearing glasses as work. So one day...

It's best to explore all options. My mom turned out to be allergic to the solution (they altered the formula and her eyes freaked.) The one recommended works great for her.
  • Options
    loveinakloveinak member
    edited April 2016
    @SienaC I once wasn't paying attention and put my contacts back in after three hours. I was sure my eye would never open again. The burn!!!

edit: spelling
  • Options
    Geez, sorry to see so many TW's today!

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @loveinak I did that while camping once and I wasn't sure I would even be able to open my eyes long enough to get the contacts back out!! I'm positive I woke the whole campground with my screaming!  :D now I never forget to set a timer on my phone!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @SienaC @loveinak my eye doc told me I must use the same solution that you mentioned. I'm so relieved to hear that it works! He also warned me about not soaking them long enough. Holy burn. Yikes!!