February 2016 Moms

Change in diaper output

So last weekend my husband came home with a really bad cold and got me sick. I went back to work on Monday and between the cold and the stress of going back, I ended up with an upper respiratory infection. The doctor put me out of work Wed-Fri. I tried to limit my time to just breastfeeding so as to not get little one sick. Well she caught a little of it. Way stuffy nose, tons of sneezing and a little cough. She's been sleeping a ton and I've noticed that she doesn't have as many pee diapers. Is this normal when your LO's get sick? She's still nursing well so I know she's getting that. Not sure if I should call the ped's office tomorrow or just wait to see how she does? 

Re: Change in diaper output

• Just as we need more fluids to kick sickness, so do babies. I would try adding an extra nursing session in to make sure LO is staying hydrated enough since you have already noticed a change.

• I would add extra sessions as well. Our bodies are amazing and even if you're sick, your baby will get what she needs to get better. As you know keep your hands washed and don't breath in her face. Unless you're taking medicine that the baby shouldn't take your milk is still the best thing she needs. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You shouldn't stop or limit breastfeeding when you're sick. Keep doing what you'd been doing. It takes 24-48 hours for a virus to show symptoms so by the time you're not feeling well, your LO is already exposed and will need the antibodies you're making. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thanks ladies! She's been eating a lot more (up to 4 oz of BM per feeding when she's at daycare). We are using the Nose Frieda a few times a day and get a significant amount of boogies. We have made it a game and now she doesn't scream so much when we suck everything out. I'm hoping warm weather and her sleeping lots helps clear this up. She's had really bad congestion for 5 days and it just breaks my heart! :'(
  • My guy had a little virus too. Almost better now though! I think it sounds a lot worse than it is. But it's just brutal to watch them struggle when they're this little! We
     made sure he had a nice steamy shower with each of us throughout the day (usually am and pm) and I got Hydrasense Baby which really, really helped. Do you have a humidifier for your room?
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• @Miss Lilac I have never heard of the Hydrasense baby. I'll have to look into that. We have her in the bathroom when we shower, use the nose frieda and also have a humidifier. 

I can hear her chocking on her phlegm while she sleeps. So basically I haven't slept. I'm going to die from exhaustion. She seems happy and it really does bother me more. Poor little monkey! 
  • @Miss Lilac I have never heard of the Hydrasense baby. I'll have to look into that. We have her in the bathroom when we shower, use the nose frieda and also have a humidifier. 

I can hear her chocking on her phlegm while she sleeps. So basically I haven't slept. I'm going to die from exhaustion. She seems happy and it really does bother me more. Poor little monkey! 
    @meg+on+the+DL It's a saline spray that goes up baby's nose. But the spray is gentler for babies than the adult version. My guy always gives me kind of an angry look but then gets over it because it really does seem to help! It was like $10 for the bottle. Definitely worth it. 
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy