November 2015 Moms
Options

Jogging Strollers

Hey fellow mommas! LO is turning 5 months tomorrow and we still haven't ordered a stroller. We live in a rural area and our winters aren't usually very mild, so I have been fine with just toting him around in the carrier for our walks. Now that he is approaching 6 months, I should really figure out what kind of stroller to buy! We live in a very rural area, so a jogger is key. Do any of you have a Bob? Does it live up to the hype? Any other suggestions? Any insight is appreciated! Thanks ladies :smile: 

Re: Jogging Strollers

• Options
    I wanted the Bob real bad but after purchasing all the accessories needed to go with it, it was ridiculously too expensive so I got the graco relay and love it. It maneuvers easily and folds up and unfolds quick. The only thing that I dislike about it is that it is rather bulky and heavy. It takes up half of my trunk space and is hard to lift up into the trunk (suv). I figure it serves as my upper body workout since I don't have time to hit the gym these days. 
  • Options
    We have a Bob and love it! It handles really well, is light, seems like a smooth ride for bebe, breaks down easily to pack into the car, and has a good amount of storage space underneath. I actually like that it doesn't have some of the extra stuff like cup holders, iPod holder, etc, less to collect crumbs and such. It was really expensive, however we got it when they were doing the deal where you got a car seat for free, so it actually worked out to be a pretty good deal for the whole travel system.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a BOB flex and I love it. It rides ridiculously smooth. I didn't bother buying any accessories for it. It comes with a small basket underneath and I usually throw my keys/phone/etc in it for the run. LO and I have been using it for a few weeks now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the Baby Trend EXL.  It's ridiculously wobbly at even a quick walking pace so the wheel has to be locked in place the whole time.  The cup holders and top basket are really unnecessary.  I have a Honda Civic and the stroller only fits in my trunk one specific way and even then only if there is nothing else in the trunk. 

It gets the job done, but either go down a few price points and get the entry level Baby Trend to save money or go up a few price points and get the Bob. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    We have a bob revolution and love it!  I am too "frugal" to buy a new one so I had shopped around on craigslist while still pregnant. Found a good one with all the bells and whistles for a fraction of the retail price. We have been walking the track for the past few weeks. Cant wait to hit 6 months and begin jogging. 
  • Options
    We have the bob stroller and we love it!!  LO loves it too!  It crack us up that within 5 minutes of LO being in it, he falls asleep.   
    The only downside is that it's bulky when putting it in the trunk of your car.
    Regarding the accessories, we got the cup holder and the tray that goes on thw handlebar (has room for 2 cups or bottles and a compartment that locks with a magnet)
  • Options
    We have the bob revolution. We like it and gives LO a smooth ride. The only negatives I have are I'm petite and its hard to get the heavy thing in and out of the car. My other complaint is the cup holder hasn't held up very well. We've had it for a little over 3 years now and I've had to sew it back together a couple of times. So don't put too much stuff in it or it will weigh it down and come apart. 
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for sharing your personal experiences with me! I had almost talked myself into getting a less expensive stroller before posting, but you've reminded me of just how much I want the Bob!