Wtf Wednesday

let it all out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: Wtf Wednesday

• klbhklbh member
    My sweet baby has turned into a gremlin! Won't sleep without a huge struggle (nursing to sleep, which he hasn't needed in weeks, then waking multiple times for soothing after just a few minutes, nursing every couple hours but quickly fussing/pulling off (ouch), abruptly howling bloody murder and then being all smiles again a moment later, and waking 3-4 times a night rather than his usual 1-2. On the first day of this, I finally got him down for the night and then checked my phone to find a Wonder Week leap alarm. Aaand we're flying across the country to visit my mom and grandma this weekend. Womp womp.
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @klbh is it the 4th leap? So much of that is happening over here and we're in the 4th leap! The screaming one second and smiling the next has me so confused as to what he wants! We went to my parents which is a 6 he drive the past 4 days and I am sooooo glad to be home. Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • klbhklbh member
    No, the 3rd one! (He came a week late and is actually a February babe). Yes, he's so hard to read now, especially since he discovered his hands and now either watches them or sucks on them constantly, so I have trouble telling when he's hungry anymore...
  • @klbh We are also in the 3rd leap and going through the exact same thing (except she sleeps really good at night, only waking once). I'm at a loss for her hunger cues anymore. She wants to eat every hour in the afternoon, and if you don't get her on the boob quick enough she has a complete meltdown....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @klbh I have been experiencing the same things this week!  My LO will be 12 weeks tomorrow and it started on Sunday.  She was super sleepy and wanted to nurse constantly.  I usually work full time but there was a water issue at my work so I have been home with her all week.  I'm really glad that I got to stay home although there have been some frustrating moments...mostly at night.  She was also waking up only one time (sometimes 2) at night but all this week it is every 2 hours, ugh!  She has been extra hungry too.  I  don't have the wonder weeks app but maybe I should get it.  Does it say how long this leap lasts for?
  • ^ This a THOUSAND times. LO used to be the easiest baby to get to sleep at night. She would sleep in six hour stretches, waking up only once or twice for a quick feed, then would go right back to sleep. For the last week, it has been a struggle to get her to sleep and she's been sleeping less and less each night. Last night was AWFUL. She woke up at 10:00, went right back to sleep, but then woke up again at 1:00, and was up until 3:30! She has NEVER done that. DH and I were miserable with her intermittent crying. She had a full tummy and a clean diaper. But she would not sleep. It took two and a half hours of rocking/nursing to get her back into a sound sleep. She decided to wake up again at 4:00. I seriously wanted to cry. Then, I had to get up at 6 am to get ready for work. I had a lecture planned for my students today, but there's NO way I'm alert enough to actually teach something important. Looks like they'll be doing a lot of busy work today, because this mama is barely functioning! 
  • Glad I'm not the only one. Whatever leap we're on is combined with the colic and I have no effing clue what's going on. Crying, smiles, blood curdling screams, happy screeches... Hungry all the time, but refuses to finish even a 4 oz bottle of liquid gold formula. The amount we've wasted recently is ridiculous. And she grew out of all of her clothes overnight... 
  • WTF to PP hair loss! How long does this last?!?! I feel like I'll be bald by the weekend... 
  • BelleZBoo said:
    WTF to PP hair loss! How long does this last?!?! I feel like I'll be bald by the weekend... 
    OMG, so much this! I pull giant clumps out every time I shower and any time I put my hair up or take it down! It seriously needs to stop before my glorious locks are gone!
  • Husband was shocked how much hair I lost in the last two days. It's intense.

My wtf is that I can't wait to have another baby. Makes no sense. I have tons of medical bills from the last baby, and I'm still not feeling like myself. how and why would I want another one so soon? Not going to happen.
  • BarrettJ89BarrettJ89 member
    edited April 2016
    @Meg920 you can borrow one of mine. Lol I love both of them, but my toddler is about on my last nerve. Especially considering that as I'm typing this, he's finger painting my kitchen floor with the apple juice he just spilled. I'm feeding baby and there is nothing I can do... *inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale*
  • Currently letting the not-yet 4 month old watch family feud while I sit and cry for no reason other than I'm exhausted and burnt out and feel guilty about wanting some time of from mommy-ing. So WTF to feeling like this. Thank goodness it's hump day and the weekend isn't too far away. 
  • I'm right there with you ladies on the leap/sleep regression or whatever this is. My LO will be 15 weeks this Friday and since about a week ago, she has been sleeping like a newborn, waking and wanting nursed back to sleep, napping like crap, and being more fussy...the fussy that comes out of no where and is really intense then back to smiling. It has been a week of horrible sleep and I need ALL THE COFFEE to live through the day. 
  • WTF to getting a therapist covered by my insurance. I can see someone maybe in a month. So yeah to trying more drugs to treat my PPA, great.
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    Wtf to my belly button. I had it pierced since high school and took it out when I started showing. I don't plan on putting the ring back in I don't even think it will go through anymore but it stretched and honestly still looks horrible. Almost like I have two belly buttons because the hole is so big and stretched out
  • I attended a political rally today. I sat in the front row and nursed my baby. I wasn't trying to make a statement. She was hungry. She hates the nursing cover. No one thought anything of it. Except my idiot husband. He thinks I should cover up because people will complain. He must have not heard me when I sais those people can go f*** themselves
  • Husband was emptying the bathroom bin and a big clump of my hair fell out on him. He thought it was some kind of tarantula and crapped himself! 

Also, I have a weird wrinkly belly button piercing hole too! Looks better since I exfoliated the darker skin off, but still. The things pregnancy does to you... 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    @Sianyblews I didn't even think to exfoliate the dark skin! I think that would improve it, I'll have to try that! It is definitely weird and wrinkly and made me admit to my mom that she was in fact right. I do wish I never got it pierced all those years ago lol it is actually a huge relief to not have the piercing anymore
  • @mrsgetz4000 I may have strangled him if that has been my DH! 
  • @SBH041815 i walked away. He was just trying to save me from any kind of criticism. I just don't think that many people care. Just like i don't think most people are hateful bigots. Some are, but they can pack sand. He also knows, i will not hesitate to tell someone how i feel. He may have been suggesting that for the other partys sake lol. I also don't think he realizes you don't need to whip out the entire boob. Men. Lol. 
  • I have a scar from piercing too but that's the only place it kind of stretched. I'd like to think that I don't have stretch marks anywhere else because my belly button scar could stretch! I'd rather have it there than all over and on the sides, at least I can wear a monokini. 
  • @kaym6 By exfoliate I basically mean scratched it out with my fingernail while constantly messing with it  :D