Pregnant after IF

2nd Tri Check-in Week of 4/18

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to Be:

@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16 with 1 bean!
@terramae80 EDD 8/4/16 with 1 boy!

@riveridgional EDD 8/6/16 with 1 boy!

@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16 with 1 girl! 

@Vagarcia16 EDD 8/23/16 with 1 girl!

@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16 with 1 boy and 1 girl!

@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16 with 1 bean! Team Green!

@piperella EDD 10/2/16 with 1 boy!

Congrats to the mommies who have graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: What was your favorite vacation so far? 
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: 2nd Tri Check-in Week of 4/18

• I just wanted to first say hello to all the women who will be joining us over in the 2nd trimester (and thread) this week!  Congrats!!

I'm 16w1d today, doing pretty well.  I go on Wednesday to see my Ob for my 16 week appointment.  I can't imagine it'll be long as I think they just do blood tests, and do other measurements, etc.  We made our fb announcement last week, although I really didn't want to do one, but on the bright side of things, now I don't need to hide it anymore.  I can go into BRU now where I was worried to just in case I saw someone I knew.  It's dangerous knowing it's less than two miles from my home.

QOTW: What was your favorite vacation so far?  Disney World.. especially when going with someone who has never been before.  My favorite so far was watching DH get so "into" the magic of the place.  We both could totally relax. I can't wait to go with Bojangles.
  • Loading the player...
  • AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited April 2016
    Hello, This is my first time checking out this board and posting here. I recognize some people!! @piperella and me were on the same FET thread back on infertility boards. Hello *wave*

Short story about us: I am 29 and my husband is 33, I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism and he has low sperm count and motility. We did our first round of IVF June 2015 transferred one embryo and froze six. Unfortunately that ended in a miscarriage. We tried a FET on December 15th and here we are now, almost to the day four years after we started trying.
    It was a long journey, and it is still very scary and I can't stop worrying. But every day I feel a little better.
    We are having a boy :) And due September 1st.

It is nice to meet all of you!

QOTW: What was your favorite vacation so far? 
    Hard to say! My favorite city is Berlin, but I went there three times and even lived there for a while, all the times I went were magical.
    I spent a month in London with my sisters back in 2013 and that was amazing too! I love spending a long time on vacation, take my time to see everything and go around. I don't like to rush when I sight-see and can stay for hours in the same room of a church or museum.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• So exciting to see all the new faces!! Hope everyone is having a great week. 

I will be 23 weeks on Friday, still waiting to feel some kicks. Today I started the daunting task of painting the nursery. I have never painted before but I watched a lot of you tube videos so hopefully it goes well. 

QOTW: probably our trip to Italy over thanksgiving. It was wonderful but also where we magically got pregnant without any interventions and were about to embark on IVF so will never forget it!
  • Hello and welcome to all our new members of 2nd trimester!!  

I'm 21 weeks today.  I still can't believe how fast it's going - I think I say that every week though!  We're having a boy and a girl in August.  I have an OB appointment with ultrasound next week and will go in the following week to finish off our boy's fetal echo because he wouldn't cooperate the first time around!  Work is starting to get difficult for me.  I'm on my feet and walking for a lot of my ten hour day and I'm just exhausted when I get home!!  Not sure how I'll do this for 17 more weeks!!  :(

QOTW: I did a girl's trip to Hawaii (we did a Hawaiian cruise) and Fiji right before I got engaged to my husband.  It was amazing!!  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Vagarcia16Vagarcia16 member
    edited April 2016

Hi Ladies,

Welcome to all those coming into their 2nd trimester! It's super exciting to see some new faces.

I've been a MIA over the last couple of weeks.  DH and I went on our babymoon to Maui last week.  Sadly, while on vacation we learned that my sweet silly little fur baby (Japanese Chin dog), who has been with me for the past 10 years (and through all the ups and downs of infertility) was killed by a coyote.  We live close to the hills and know that coyotes are coming into our neighborhood quite often.  When we are home, we usually bring him in the house around 6pm before it gets dark.  We had a house sitter taking care of things while we were on vacation, and our house sitter got stuck working late until 9pm, by the time he came home our little fur baby was gone.  Our neighbor found him in her yard the next morning.  :(

It's been super hard, but I'm trying to stay focused on everything that we've been blessed with over the past few months.  It's hard to believe that I'm already 22 wks!  We are going back for a follow up to our anatomy scan this Friday.  Last time, our little girl was quite stubborn and not getting into a good enough position to get a good look at her spine.  Hopefully she's a little more cooperative this week!  I'm feeling her move around a lot, which is super exciting.  She's moving more this week than I have ever felt previously. 

QOTW:  It's hard to say...I spent about 6 months in London after grad school, that wasn't exactly a "vacation" but it was an experience of a lifetime.  I got to travel around Europe for lots of little weekend vacations and visited Italy, France, Scotland, Holland, and Spain.  It was an amazing and carefree time!

Me: 36, DH: 36

Married and TTC Since 2/2012

Me: Mild PCOS, DH: Low Sperm Count and Motility

IUI #1 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 10/15/15, MC (CP) 10/19/15

IUI #2 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 12/14/15  EDD 8/23/16

Foster to Adopt Placement! DD#1 Born 7/2016

DD#2 Born 9/2016

Foster to Adopt Placement! DS Born 7/2018

• OMG look at all the new ladies to the 2nd Tri! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• @Vagarcia16 I am so sorry about your sweet dog. That is really sad news :( Sending you internet hugs.
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

• Hi girls!! I will be 14 weeks tomorrow edd is 10/19 so I'm moving to this board! Just came back from an ultrasound and am so happy I got to see my little guy jumping around!! (And he really was jumping! Lol) our NIPT results came back last Wednesday and we found out we are having a healthy baby boy! Next appointment is May 9th. 

qotw: favorite vacation so far was Hawaii 2 years ago. We did Maui and Kauai and both were just absolutely breathtaking. Not to mention the seafood....omg :) 
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your pup @Vagarcia16!  Hugs to you.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @Vagarcia16 I am so sorry for your loss i can't imagine how hard it's been :( 
  • Anyone else about fed up with people at the work place? OMG I feel like I am going to lose my sh!t! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @Vagarcia16 OMG that is so awful. I'm so sorry! 
  • Me: 36, DH: 36

Married and TTC Since 2/2012

Me: Mild PCOS, DH: Low Sperm Count and Motility

IUI #1 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 10/15/15, MC (CP) 10/19/15

IUI #2 w/Clomid + Trigger - BFP 12/14/15  EDD 8/23/16

Foster to Adopt Placement! DD#1 Born 7/2016

DD#2 Born 9/2016

Foster to Adopt Placement! DS Born 7/2018

• I am so sorry @Vagarcia16 !!! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Hi ladies! I'm 14 weeks today which means I can officially join this board! My EDD is 10/20/16! This is my first time posting here so here's a little about me. After trying to conceive for a years with my DH I was referred to an RE. Due to MFI we were told IVF was our only hope. We did one cycle of IVF and were blessed with one LO. NT scan and bloodwork was negative for any abnormalities and my next appt is May 21st. 

QOTW: DH and I in Disney World. I've never been and he surprised me. Told me not to pack and just go with it. Totally goes against my personality because I am a planner but I followed his lead and had the best time ever! 
  • welcome @Jerseygirl856 My story is similar to yours, we were lucky with our first round of IVF as well, and I am blessed with my FET round two! How are you feeling so far?
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Thank you @TerraMae80. Now that the constant nausea has passed, I feel good. Looking forward to feeling LOs movements and all the exciting moments in 2nd tri. How are you feeling? 
  • Happy NIAW to you all and congrats on having the patience to make it this far! I support the 1 in 8!!!! <3
  • Yay for NIAW!!!  Here's one of my cats trying on one of our consignment finds yesterday.  I see more of these photo shoots in our future.

• @Piperella  Your cat is so adorable :)

I didn't know what NIAW stood for so I had to google it whoops. Happy NIAW to all of you!
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

• @Vagarcia16  I am so sorry to hear about your dog :(