Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? 

GTKY: Do you collect anything?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ~*~Tuesday Ticker Change~*~

• Options
    For babies due 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27

How many weeks? 18

What size? Artichoke...but I also saw bell pepper and I'm more familiar with that, so I'll go with bell pepper.

Upcoming appointments? A/S two weeks from today :) Can't wait to see my little man swimming around!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I love directing our musicals, but I feel so out of touch with everything else during that time and I crazily agreed to having my first son's 2nd birthday party this weekend...the weekend before our show (I had wanted to have his party the weekend after so I wasn't tied up with both at the same time)  AHH so much to do!  Also, this is why I've been super MIA ladies!  I'll be back soon on the regular, I promise :) 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Nothing really...feeling baby move pretty much every day at some point.  Still pretty minor movements though.

GTKY: Do you collect anything? When I was a kid I collected beanie babies.  When my husband and I started dating we began collecting a magnet from everywhere we've traveled.  We've been fortunate enough to travel to many places so we do have quite a collection!  I also collect dust bunnies under my couch. Hehe
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks? 19 weeks!

What size? A mango or four toed hedge hog.

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan is next week!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm starting to feel the pressure to start getting things ready for the baby. I really need to start an actual list of what I need to get and do. I want to decide on how I'm going to do the nursery, which I'm finding more difficult to decide on this time. The spare room needs to be worked on so it can become the nursery. I need to go through DD's old clothes. Need to rearrange and reorganize the livingroom so there's room for DD's toys and all the large baby equipment. Gah! Just feeling overwhelmed!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Same as usual. I'm dying for watermelon to get in season so I can have some. 

Not really. We used to get magnets every time we'd go on vacation or if we found a "special" one, but there is only so much room on the fridge, so we stopped.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How many weeks? 20!!!  Holy smokes, this has gone fast!!

What size? Endive, paper airplane, banana. This is the week they start measuring head to toe instead of head to rump since baby is more straightened out - so baby is something like 10 inches long! That's insane!!!

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan tomorrow afternoon! And 20 week appointment the following evening, I think with a random OB since mine wasn't free - hoping they don't give me a weight gain lecture, but I feel confident enough to speak my mind that I am in control and not concerned.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Hoping we find out the sex tomorrow, and that Carter's will still be doing their big sale! We have a great Carter's outlet about 15 minutes from us and I want to get some things!!  Last pregnancy we headed to BRU and started the registry right away after the 20 week ultrasound, this time I just want to get a few things. Still have a lot of planning to figure out just what we need.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Still eating healthy all day and a bottomless pit all evening. I'm up about 19 or 20 pounds right now at 20 weeks. I've finally started getting consistent activity in, hoping that will slow things down for a bit.. but really not concerned. I look and feel really good!!

GTKY: Do you collect anything? As a kid, I had a lot of the same types of toys - but not really a collection. I had a lot of Barbies, Polly Pockets, American Girl Dolls, etc. but played with them all.  My husband collected sports cards and Beanie Babies - both of which take up space in my basement now and are worthless.  I also went through a phase in high school/college of buying movies, so we have probably a couple hundred all together. I buy much more rarely now, since everything is streamable somewhere!  Another thing that is worth nothing so not really worth selling to get rid of.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How many weeks? 19! It does seem like the second trimester is going faster and faster. 

What size? I guess a mango? But my doctor says "large," haha. Looking forward to that childbirth experience.  

Upcoming appointments? I had my anatomy scan yesterday and it was awesome (I had it early because the perinatalogist was going on vacation). Next is my 20 week appointment on the 28th, I too am mainly hoping not to get side-eye from my doctor about my weight @AnnaS930

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am not loving the baby registry process - there's so much to do and I feel like I am overlapping. I think on Amazon there is a way to just zap one of your friends' list into your own list and register for all of those items, I need to find someone whose list has not yet been deleted because their baby has been born and just copy. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I was really into all things vinegary, but as I start to get a little bigger, I am obsessed with popsicles. Maybe I'm just dehydrated. I feel like everything I have been "craving" is still a thing I really like when I'm not pregnant - nothing totally out of the ordinary. 

GTKY: Do you collect anything? I have a collection of elephant figurines and artwork, but I did not start out intending to collect them. It is more that when friends and family go on trips or have an occasion to buy me gifts, they know I like elephants, so that is what I end up with. A horde of tiny elephants. I think they're cute! 
  • Options
    Ooh, I just remembered a small collection I have.. Disney Hallmark figures I guess you'd say.  They make little sayings/characters/framed art and I have them spread out around my house - I LOVE them (huge Disney fan) and it makes for a really easy $20 gift from my husband too, so that's a plus!
    Speaking of Hallmark, I also have quite a few Alex&Ani bracelets and Vera Bradley bag, but haven't added any recently.

I have maybe 8 of the figures, a calendar and a framed art, and they all follow this type of theme:
    Cinderella Carriage Silhouette

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How many weeks?  19

What size?  Heirloom Tomato

Upcoming appointments?  Anatomy Scan is next week.  Next week!!!! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  My daughter dances and her studio is going to Nationals in July.  I will be over 30 weeks pregnant with twins and the car trip is about 6 hours away with no major hospitals nearby.  As a result, my OB said, "no" to the trip.  I'm bummed.  At the same time, she's six and she'll never know that it was an option if I don't tell her.  It's weird having to start thinking about the restrictions or things that I can't do as a result of being pregnant or having 2 more babies. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  I have been having major Diet Coke cravings.  It's so bad for you and I really try to limit what I have, but I swear that stuff is like crack to me and I want it all the time. 

GTKY: Do you collect anything?  I collect any and all things associated with a memory or the age of my children.  Things like artwork, their first tee-ball jersey, a first ballet shoe... Some people (like my husband) call this hoarding, but I have the absolute worst time getting rid of those kind of things.  As a result, we have a ton of Rubbermaid tubs that have been turned into memory buckets.  One day I will have to clean them out, but....  The other thing I "collect" is photos.  I take a gazillion pictures and I have even more in my possession.  I really think that they are so important. 
  • Options
    @Ssoccerball ditto on the diet coke. I am not a huge soda person most of the time but the carbonation/ not overly sweet taste/ slight amount of caffeine seems like the best thing in the world right now. I try to wait until I'm desperate, because a lot of the older women at work look at me like I am clubbing a baby seal every time I get one out of the break room. I feel your pain. 
  • Options

It's not even the caffeine for me... like @jas1982, it's the carbonation, the not too sweetness, and it just kind of tastes like heaven in my mouth.  If I could get the same taste without the aspartame and caffeine, I'd be all over that.  The baby seal thing made me lol.  I posted on here awhile back about having one Diet Coke during the first three months of my pregnancy and someone suggested that I consult with my doctor because of my unhealthy choice. 

• Options
    @AnnaS930 How I feel about your FIL's judgment:

I'm not living 9 month without caffeine, especially after being told it's safe as long as I limit my intake.

• Options
    @Ssoccerball - I recall that.. it was fantastic. That and the person appalled that a cashier had the audacity to hand her a receipt just had me in stitches... I appreciate those that are protective and overly protective of their growing babies, but some of the over the top concerns just make me giggle.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @camichael84 - Agreed!  Thankfully he said nothing, and might have just been side-eying me because I was chugging anything in public with no regards to how it looked. He has a bit of a stick up his butt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, yes...  the receipt.  I'd love to start a thread called "wackiest concerns you've seen on this board," but I guess that's not very neighborly.  For now, I'll respond as I did to my mother after she read a book called "Wheat Belly" and suggested that my entire family go gluten-free.  "It's a nice idea, Mom....I'll think about it."
  • Options
    ThurstobertayThurstobertay member
    edited April 2016
    How many weeks? 21

What size? Carrot

Upcoming appointments? Repeat anatomy U/S on Thursday morning. I had one about 2 weeks ago and everything looked great, but baby fell asleep about 1/3 of the way through so we were missing some face/heart shots. Yay for seeing baby again and hopefully all is well with the areas we couldn't see clearly.

Rants/Raves/Questions? It's getting hellishly hot here again now that we've had, oh, our annual 2ish weeks of Spring-like weather. I love the sun but I'm getting really queasy if I'm outside sloshing around for too long (unavoidable when I'm on pickup duty for my 6 year old). I'm grateful that I've only ever been heavily pregnant in the winter and I'm suspecting that this summer will be a fun one.
    Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? It's a stereotype but all the damn pickles ever.

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Not really, the closest thing would be video games. I have a few collector's editions and I prefer having box copies of games as opposed to downloadable-only versions. 

@AnnaS930 I wish people would butt the hell out. I mean, yeah, if you brandished a crack pipe on the corner you probably deserve some level of admonishment, but caffeine? My doctor DGAF about 1-2 cups per day (I stay on the 1 cup side unless it's a really, really bad day) and I need caffeine to help manage my migraines without other interventions. I couldn't function without it.

September '16 -  May Signature Challenge
    Awkward Family Fun

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    How many weeks? 17

What size? Pomegranate, Creme Brûlée, Squirrel, or Game Controller....Now I want Creme Brûlée.... mmmmm

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy Scan with the high risk peeps is May 3. It will be so awesome to see the little man!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I keep getting hiccups. Already...It's gonna be a long 5 months.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? All. The. Food.

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Not really. I used to collect shot glasses. Then I quit drinking. So, now I get a Starbucks coffee mug when I go somewhere new...but that's about it. Not too exciting.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    rfrazier611rfrazier611 member
    edited April 2016

How many weeks? 20!!!!

What size?  Banana?

Upcoming appointments?  a/s on Friday!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I am finally starting to feel sort of like a person again, but I'm afraid if I think about it too much I will jinx myself.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Some crazy switch got flipped in my head yesterday and I am all about ham sandwiches with shredded iceberg lettuce and tons of mayo, accompanied by tons of macaroni salad.  I can't stop!  Once they hit, my pregnancy cravings are weirdly specific. Last time around it was lobster, again with the macaroni salad.  Not one or the other, but both together.

GTKY: Do you collect anything?  Nope, but my husband collects nice beer glasses.  And I always accidentally break them so he has to keep buying more.
  • Options

How many weeks? 19 weeks

What size?  4 toes hedge hog

Upcoming appointments?  4/29 anatomy scan and we will also schedule the c/s

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Acid reflux and headaches

GTKY: Do you collect anything? At this point I am starting to feel like we collect kids  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    LizC216LizC216 member
    edited April 2016
    How many weeks? 20!! This feels unreal!

Size? Banana

Upcoming appointments? Currently sitting and waiting for my anatomy scan and 20 week appt. Hoping that everything continues to be ok.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Maybe I'll come back to rave about my scan if it goes well.  ;)

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions: I am getting hungry! The problem is finding out what exactly I want to eat. When I do find something that I like, it's hard to stop myself. My parents made a small scale Thanksgiving dinner for my Gram's 90th birthday over the weekend (her request). It hit the spot like none other. I so wanted leftovers, but apparently everyone loved it and there wasn't much to be had. 

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Not really but I do save things like cards or things from trips, like maps....oh maybe ticket stubs. Not that I collect them, but I have every ticket stub from every concert, sporting event or play I've ever been to.

ETA: Scan went great. I stayed strong and kept my eyes closed when she was looking near the genital area. Doctor said everything looked great. I do have to follow-up in 2 weeks because the weren't able to get all the views of the heart that they needed. Very relieved and happy that everything is still going well. Baby also gave us a thumbs up...so cute and the tech was able to capture a photo of it.

bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @jas1982 - I am dying laughing!!!!
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    How many weeks? 19

What size? Mango

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan on Saturday! Then doctor on Wednesday to find out results

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just wondering when other people bought things, since we are planning to buy the crib soon and some other items but it feels early

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I've been lightheaded to the point where I'm almost passing out at work. I have a pre-existing heart condition that sometimes causes skipped beats (although I've had confusing explanations of what it is, so not really sure how to explain) and today I was so shaky and could feel my heart palpitating. The most annoying thing is my doctor doesn't seem too concerned, but my work is concerned I may need some accommodations. Very frustrated!

GTKY: Do you collect anything? It seems that we collect books! We are always picking up new books when we go places even though we don't have time to read them all.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    jln27jln27 member
    How many weeks? 18.

What size? Artichoke? I haven't seen too many artichokes in real life to be honest. 

Upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan next week... the day after my husband leaves. No longer as excited...

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm pretty tired of the military already. I grew up with it though, so it's a familiar kind of hate.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? These migraines are getting out of control. I've had one for 3 days now and it's caused me to miss work. I put off making a neurology appointment because I didn't know if my insurance would cover it and I'm also concerned I'll go in for it and they'll tell me there's nothing they can do, because that's all I've ever heard this entire time. Turns out my insurance did approve it, so I'm just going to make it now in the hopes that something will change.

GTKY: Do you collect anything? My MIL and SIL asked me this question and then looked at me like I was on fire when I answered it but... socks. I like neat socks with weird patterns. And things with skulls on them. But I don't really "collect" them (like put them on display or feel the urge to buy everything sock/skull related) and I hate having large amounts of useless things. I regularly downsize everything I own, including wardrobe.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    For babies due 9/27

How many weeks? 17!

What size? Pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments? Nothing until May 9th 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Finally starting to feel baby move for certain. Such an awesome feeling

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Was craving chocolate ice cream so bad so I went to a local dairy to get some this afternoon. It was amazing.

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Nothing much. When I was younger I had a collection of beanie babies, that I still have in a Rubbermaid somewhere
  • Options
    @RG1 We started buying big stuff for DD around 16 weeks. I believe we got the crib and other furniture in mid-second tri. I wanted to wait until after the anatomy scan for furniture, but it's all what you feel comfortable doing. And I wouldn't hesitate at all if it's a sale item.

This time is different because the baby is getting DD's furniture. I'm busting at the seams to get our big purchase-- the double stroller, but still waiting until after the a/s. More because that is what DH wants to do than anything. 

• Options
    @RG1 I really wanted to wait until at least 20 weeks to start buying stuff, but my husband really wants to spread out the big purchases so we started buying things a few weeks ago. 
    It's not freaking me out as much as I thought it would be. 

How many weeks? 17. Doesn't seem to be going as fast for me as for some of you guys ;) 

What size? Pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments? Nothing for 3 weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've decided that I will work next school year :) I'm only going to do a morning class 2 days a week. I had it in my head that there was no way working next school year was an option. Classic me making things harder than they really are. I'm excited to be home for the most part, but still work a little and to have a little extra money for the budget. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Craving all kinds of things. Today I craved salmon and coconut candy. I'm still eating quesadillas (now with spinach) for breakfast and lunch. 

GTKY: Do you collect anything? I'm much too messy and disorganized by nature to allow myself to collect things. It gives me a bit of anxiety to think about acquiring more stuff. But I do have quite a collection of Christmas tree ornaments and feel ok buying those when I visit somewhere new. They're nicely stored in the attic 11 months out of the year so that helps! 
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @camichael84 & @BernieRae thanks for the advice! we have our scan on Saturday and will most likely go looking for cribs after that. We have already bought our stroller because it was on sale for 1/2 price since they were getting the new colours in, so we took advantage of that deal!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    How many weeks? 20

What size? Artichoke

Upcoming appointments? My 20 week ultrasound is tomorrow afternoon. :)

Rants/Raves/Questions? I feel fat this time. I've always enjoyed being pregnant, felt pretty, etc. This time I just feel large. I think it's because I had some extra weight before I got pregnant. I'm going to the gym and stuff, but I'm always hungry, so I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. :(

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Pelvic pain, back pain and today I had swollen feet. Yikes!

GTKY: Do you collect anything? Hm ... I used to collect mugs. I had a frick-ton of unique coffee mugs and teacups, but I stopped doing that because I ran out of cabinet space. I like to buy vintage blue glass bell jars when I find them, but only if they're unique sizes or styles (vintage lids, etc).

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options

For babies due 9/27

How many weeks? 17

What size? Pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments?
    Today, just a regular prenatal. Ended up having to switch birth centers, so this is my first with this group. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Really upset with the other birth center, but will go complain on wtf Wednesday :)
    Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Uggg morning sickness is way worse the last two weeks. I've thrown up twice this morning. I did make the mistake of drinking a glass of water though, so my bad. 
    Also craving pickles like crazy. I ate a half a jar yesterday...
    as a kid I collected beanie babies and Pokemon cards, but don't really collect anything now. And got rid of them years ago.