March 2016 Moms

Traveling?

Hi ladies, DD and I are flying out to Texas next week for a family wedding. I'm not so worried about the flight but the stay away from home. We will be away for almost two weeks and no one has small children. I'm starting to freak out about being away from the comforts of home like her swing and such. I know we don't need these things, but we've gotten used to them. Any tips or tricks for entertaining your little one away from home? 

Re: Traveling?

• Hmm, it's been a while since I traveled with a baby. We haven't taken DD anywhere yet, but with DS we traveled a lot. Are you taking a baby carriage/stroller with you or are you baby wearing? We usually had the baby carriage with us and I would put up some fun things for DS to look at while laying in it awake (sort of similar to a baby gym) and he would easily go to sleep in it too. I had some of his toys with me so that he could see/hold/squeeze them while in my lap. I also have a baby björn that we used for baby wearing and if he was sleepy I would face him toward me and if he was awake I turned him facing out. That's all I got for the moment. 
  • Not trying to be snarky but what entertainment does a newborn need? bring a blanket to create and lay down with him. a mirror would be good too. Maybe some little bracelet/anklet rattles?