April 2016 Moms
Options

Tubal Ligation/Implants

Just wanted to start a thread to gain insight from any ladies who have chosen this as a permanent form of birth control after this pregnancy or those who have had the reversal prior to this pregnancy...

Feel free to post any thoughts/experiences/details about the procedures!

Re: Tubal Ligation/Implants

• Options
    linzoirvlinzoirv member
    edited April 2016
    FTM here. LO will be 2 weeks old tomorrow.  :) 

DH and I have always agreed on being "one and done" and I'm considering getting one of these procedures once I am past my 6 weeks postpartum milestone.

I delivered my son via c-section and I REALLY don't want to be cut open for anything else anytime soon. (I did realize after the fact that I could've requested a mini-lap during my surgery but because my c-section was not planned, I freaked out and forgot to bring it up.) 

My brief research shows that the implants would be ideal for me. Is anyone else considering this? Has anyone heard anything bad about the procedure itself?

• Options
    I had a tubal down with my RCS, To be honest I keep forgetting it's done.  However, it's nice to not have to worry about birth control again, breastfeeding is going awesome and now I won't have to worry about what to take.  Also, DH and I were completely sure that two kids was our limit.  If I decided to have a VBAC DH would have gotten a vasectomy but since I was having a RCS we decided I would have a tubal then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having a tubal done the day after I give birth with this one.