January 2016 Moms

I don't remember what uninterrupted sleep is like.......

deedeecmc79deedeecmc79 member
edited April 2016 in January 2016 Moms
My DS will be 3 months on the 20th. He is still waking up at 4 or 5ish no matter what time he goes to bed and then from there every 2 hrs if lucky. I also have a 2yr old who loves sleep.but will fight it till about 10 pm. On other words she is in the through of the terrible 2s. I also have a DH that travels at times. 
Anyway, I was just hoping by this point I would get a baby that alept.through the night my DD. I know all babies are different but I am just frustrated and scared I will have a baby that doesn't sleep through the night even at 1 like a friend of mine has. I just wanted to know if others out there are.in the same boat? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? I just really need to rant !

Re: I don't remember what uninterrupted sleep is like.......

• I don't know that I'll be any help. My DD just turn 3 months a few days ago and it's like a switch went off. We went from getting up twice a night, to sleeping for 10 hours or so. We didn't do anything different, it just happened. It's only been about a week though, so maybe it's just a fluke? ( I hope it's not!)
  • Thank you, I hope he will get there soon like my DD the did. Good luck! she may stay down. out this point and every now and then wake. that's how it was with my DD.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is 3.5 months and still wakes up between 3 and 5 every night, then gets up around 7:30. I also wish I could remember what uninterrupted sleep is like... I figure eventually he will start seeping through the night, but we haven't quite gotten there yet. LO was also born in the 13th percentile, so I figure he's still catching up in weight a little bit. 
  • chillmama1518chillmama1518 member
    edited April 2016
    At 15 weeks he's now slept through the night only five times, randomly. Otherwise he's up every night sometime between 1-4 once for a fairly quick feeding, and sometimes again. And has been waking up at 630...
  • Same with mine most nights. DS2 will be 12 weeks on Friday. He goes to bed by 8 pm, wakes between 4 & 6 am. Several times that I've stayed up late, I snuck in an 11p or 12a dream feeding without waking him to see if he'd sleep later so I wouldn't get woken up in a few hours. Nope. Still woke up. I think that's pretty normal and we should just remember that many would be happy to only have baby waking once during the night! DS1 didn't drop that 4/5 am feeding till he was around 8 months old so I know I'm likely in it for the long haul. 
  • My twins are still waking twice a night to feed at 15 weeks and up for the day at 5 am. I do not remember what a good nights sleep is like. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Only waking up at 4 or 5 ish would be a dream!!! I've been really happy with babe sleeping 5-6 hours from 8 until 1 or 2, an improvement from 3-4 hour stretches!!! Then he's usually up again at 4,5, and 6 and will rarely sleep past 8. He's spot on for growth at just over 3 months, so ya, every baby is different!
  • 14 weeks tomorrow, and we still have one wake up a night. Except, of course, for last night when she slept through the night. I however woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep. Mommy fail. 
  • One wake up? Lol omg... I wish! We wake up anywhere between 3-4 times a night still and my son will be 16 weeks this Friday. I know he's also going through a mental leap. But his sleep has never been great. We got one night of 5 hours plus 5 hours and that was it. So, I'd be really happy to have one wake up a night!! He's never slept a full 8 hours...
    This^
  • I feel better that everyone is in the same boat...some a little better or worse. Not that I am enjoying combined suffering, just that I am not alone. I guess I had different expectations due to the DD. I guess they all will eventually sleep and soon before we are ready  they will be old enough to be in school and  pretend that they are too tired to get up ,)