January 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

let it all out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• While leaving Michael's yesterday, some random women in the parking lot comes barreling up to my mom, my LO in her stroller, and me (I'm pretty sure she was going to ask for money) and asks if that was my first baby. I thought for sure she was going to reach her hand into the stroller, so mom and I start moving faster. Well, after I answer that she was, she asks the follow up question of "And you're pregnant with your second?" 

Ummm...nope. 

She left pretty quickly after that. But...wow, thanks. 
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• My SO and I trade off on the night shift depending on his work schedule. Every night he takes the night shift, baby sleeps easily 8 hours straight. When I take the night shift, she's up at least 3 times during the night... not cool, kid. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Today is DD2's first day at daycare. They told me I can call as often as I want, but I want them to leave the phone next to her so I can make sure she is okay. Ugh! I haven't called because I have no self control over it. I'm at work and having a good shift, but I want my baby to cuddle! 
    Also we are having cat issues. Questular, our cat, is having issues so she will be going to the vet. We thought she was bored and crazy active at night, but she used to sleep in the same bed as us up until a month ago. She meows all night so she can't sleep with us. We were discussing getting another cat so she has someone to play with, but she could possibly have feline cognitive dysfunction. So we made a vet appointment and hopefully we figure out what she needs. 
    And I want tacos tonight. 
  • Ugh, I had my gallbladder removed Saturday. I can't bend, pick up or even hold my sweet wiggly baby. Yet my husband wants to have a pity party bc he has to do all the feedings and diaper changes. Hello dude, I have 4 incisions in my belly just 11 weeks after a c section. 
    Me: 31 DH: 40
    Married 2012
    TTC #2 since July 2016
    PCOS diagnosed 2008
  • Why oh why do I have to drive all the way to the Municipal Building to get LO's birth certificate? It was hardcore raining, and I had to carry LO in her car seat to the opposite side of the building because that's my luck. I get there and they only take cash (nothing larger than a $20) or checks. I'm sorry, I thought we lived in the 21st century where even vending machines take debit/credit cards now. Luckily, I happened to have my checkbook in the car. I think after carrying her for 9 months and giving birth to her I deserve for it to be free and delivered by mail! I even had to pay extra for the envelope in came in because I didn't want it to get ruined by the rain.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • One:  Screw you children, it's nap time, stop fighting and take your damn naps already.
    Two: Screw you DH's work, and possibly DH a little bit. I know things are hectic at work and there are lots of changes of personnel and work loads and responsibilities and bull shit. That does not mean that when you get home, the first thing you do is more damn work. Work should stay at bloody work. I should not have to explain to our 3 yr old 5 times a night that Daddy can't talk to you, he's working. Maybe, just maybe, if there weren't so many stupid damn meetings all day every day, DH could actually get his work done *gasp* AT WORK instead of having to do it every night and weekend. Where is the work/life balance the boss was blathering about?
    Three: Dog, I swear if you wake up the baby one more time I'm going to skin you myself and hang you on the wall.

Thank you and good night.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @ariasbabyblog I too have threatened my dog if she wakes the baby one more time. Only I've threatened to skin her and turn her into a rug... Why does she only want to play right when the kid falls asleep?!?!
  • I need to get my butt into gear. 
    Im becoming VERY uncomfortable in my own skin. 
    Im gaining weight, my stretch marks are embarrassing and I can't fit into my clothes anymore. 
    SO and I were being intimate the other day and I just felt so disgusted with myself that I kept covering up... 
  • Where to begin. So I had my Lo's 12 week dr appt on Thursday and she only gained 7 ounces in a month. I feel so guilty that I wasnt feeding her enough. My dr didnt seem concerned but I feel bad! I was feeding her 4 oz ever 4 hours but then it dropped to 2.5 hours and I just went with it. All weekend Ive been struggling with figuring out how much she needs. Shes exclusively formula fed. And she has this thing where she ignores her own hunger cues until shes crying inconsolably for food. So this morning I put 8oz in a bottle so I could see where she stopped. I guess she doesn't know that either because she ate all 8 ounces. She didnt spit it up but now I never know if I should always feed her that or if I'm overfeeding her. Does anyone have anything similar going on? 
  • cali1710 said:
    Where to begin. So I had my Lo's 12 week dr appt on Thursday and she only gained 7 ounces in a month. I feel so guilty that I wasnt feeding her enough. My dr didnt seem concerned but I feel bad! I was feeding her 4 oz ever 4 hours but then it dropped to 2.5 hours and I just went with it. All weekend Ive been struggling with figuring out how much she needs. Shes exclusively formula fed. And she has this thing where she ignores her own hunger cues until shes crying inconsolably for food. So this morning I put 8oz in a bottle so I could see where she stopped. I guess she doesn't know that either because she ate all 8 ounces. She didnt spit it up but now I never know if I should always feed her that or if I'm overfeeding her. Does anyone have anything similar going on? 
    Kind of. LO wants to eat every two hours. We talked to his pediatrician and we added cereal to his diet. He eats and he is STILL hungry every 1.5-2hrs. So we add 2oz with no cereal and that'll help but he will be hungry in 2hrs. The only time he doesn't do this is at nighttime. It's hard to do anything with him ( go out etc ) because he pitches a hissy fit and cries like I'm cutting off his fingers one by one if there is not a bottle in his mouth in 1.5-2hrs. 
    the next time we go to the doctor is May 10th he will be almost 5months. I have no idea what to do. 
  • cali1710 said:
    Where to begin. So I had my Lo's 12 week dr appt on Thursday and she only gained 7 ounces in a month. I feel so guilty that I wasnt feeding her enough. My dr didnt seem concerned but I feel bad! I was feeding her 4 oz ever 4 hours but then it dropped to 2.5 hours and I just went with it. All weekend Ive been struggling with figuring out how much she needs. Shes exclusively formula fed. And she has this thing where she ignores her own hunger cues until shes crying inconsolably for food. So this morning I put 8oz in a bottle so I could see where she stopped. I guess she doesn't know that either because she ate all 8 ounces. She didnt spit it up but now I never know if I should always feed her that or if I'm overfeeding her. Does anyone have anything similar going on? 
    Kind of. LO wants to eat every two hours. We talked to his pediatrician and we added cereal to his diet. He eats and he is STILL hungry every 1.5-2hrs. So we add 2oz with no cereal and that'll help but he will be hungry in 2hrs. The only time he doesn't do this is at nighttime. It's hard to do anything with him ( go out etc ) because he pitches a hissy fit and cries like I'm cutting off his fingers one by one if there is not a bottle in his mouth in 1.5-2hrs. 
    the next time we go to the doctor is May 10th he will be almost 5months. I have no idea what to do. 
    So hard! Luckily when we go out if shes in her carrier sleeping she can go a while but if were at home playing or at someones house she freaks. Its frustrating because I want her to get what she needs but I don't want to overfeed her and cause weight issues. I honestly don't think she would stop eating until its too late. 
  • @cali1710 I was told a rule of thumb was if they are emptying a bottle dry consistently then to up the oz.  Griffin eats 5 oz. at each feeding except his 1 nightly bottle he gets 4 oz.  I would increase it to 6, but he still spits up pretty regularly, in my opinion, so I don't think he's quite ready to tolerate anything more at this point.  I'm sure he'd be in the same boat as your LO and suck down an 8 oz. bottle if I let him.  I'm not sure how he would tolerate it, in terms of keeping it all down afterwards. but without a doubt, he'd finish it.

I'd try it out for a week and see how she does on 5-6 oz. at each feeding.  I'm not sure where you stand with rice cereal, but you may be able to talk to your Pedi. about adding a Tbsp. to her bottle at each feeding to thicken it up a bit.  It may help her to keep it down and put on a little weight. 
  • @cali1710 I was told a rule of thumb was if they are emptying a bottle dry consistently then to up the oz.  Griffin eats 5 oz. at each feeding except his 1 nightly bottle he gets 4 oz.  I would increase it to 6, but he still spits up pretty regularly, in my opinion, so I don't think he's quite ready to tolerate anything more at this point.  I'm sure he'd be in the same boat as your LO and suck down an 8 oz. bottle if I let him.  I'm not sure how he would tolerate it, in terms of keeping it all down afterwards. but without a doubt, he'd finish it.

I'd try it out for a week and see how she does on 5-6 oz. at each feeding.  I'm not sure where you stand with rice cereal, but you may be able to talk to your Pedi. about adding a Tbsp. to her bottle at each feeding to thicken it up a bit.  It may help her to keep it down and put on a little weight. 
    Yeah I'm going to try doing 6oz every feeding. At her 4 month appt in may I'm going to talk to her about cereal. Thanks! 
  • I threaten my dogs by telling them I'll put them on petfinder ;) that seems to shut them up
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    I've tried to have sex once since the baby was born Jan 5, hurt too bad to continue so tried is the key word. Haven't tried again, don't even really want to. Am I the only one ugh 
  • mrsncmrsnc member
    kaym6 said:
    I've tried to have sex once since the baby was born Jan 5, hurt too bad to continue so tried is the key word. Haven't tried again, don't even really want to. Am I the only one ugh 
    You aren't alone! Same boat here! DH is desperate but after a failed attempt, I'm not mentally ready to try again and I don't know when that'll happen
  • kaym6 said:
    I haven't tried at all.  I really have no interest.  If I had extra time in the day, I'd much rather spend it working, working out or even zoning out.  So sad I know.  Im assuming I will probably have to address this soon. 
  • Same for me!
  • kaym6 said:
    I haven't even tried.  Every time I've been interested, DH has been to busy with work or too tired from not getting up for the motn feedings.  :(
  • nackie said:
    kaym6 said:
    I haven't even tried.  Every time I've been interested, DH has been to busy with work or too tired from not getting up for the motn feedings.  :(
    It hurt a ton the first few times. We don't do it often. It still hurts a bit but gets better.. But I too have no desire to. In so tired at the end of the day. And id rather relax and watch tv or work out
  • kaym6 said:
    Not the only one at all. Last time we tried LO of course woke up when we were just getting started so that quickly ended. Now I'm just not all that interested. Poor DH, LO will be 3 months old next week and we didn't even have sex since I was about 24ish weeks :/ 
  • BarrettJ89BarrettJ89 member
    edited April 2016
    I've threatened my dogs in so many ways... I've threatened to clip a $5 bill to their collars, let them out, and wish them the best of luck. I've threatened to all them to the circus. And I've threatened to sell them on the black market. They obviously don't care. Assholes.

As for sex, after my first was awful. We weren't intimate barely at all during either pregnancy. But we tried at 6 weeks post, and failed. Waited until about 11-12 weeks and it was great (and I ended up pregnant). After this baby, we tried after 6 weeks and I had no issues this time. The biggest issue is finding a time when both of us want it, aren't to tired, and the babies are actually sleeping...
    Im gaining weight, my stretch marks are embarrassing and I can't fit into my clothes anymore. 
    SO and I were being intimate the other day and I just felt so disgusted with myself that I kept covering up... 
    Me too! I dropped a ton of weight right after baby was born...then gained 16 of it back....I hate my body right now..I'm back on myfitnesspal trying to lose. It's worked for me before...

Hopefully it will get better

Me too! I dropped a ton of weight right after baby was born...then gained 16 of it back....I hate my body right now..I'm back on myfitnesspal trying to lose. It's worked for me before...

Hopefully it will get better

I'm the same way. I think its part of the reason we don't have much sex. He says everything he can to make me feel better but it doesn't work. Stretchmarks are just so noticable still. My stomachs still flabby and hollow feeling. I formula feed my baby after a month of trying to breastfeed so I feel like my boobs are hollow feeling and saggy. Just so unsexy feeling. 
  • l4rkl4rk member
    I've threatened my dogs in so many ways... I've threatened to clip a $5 bill to their collars, let them out, and wish them the best of luck. I've threatened to all them to the circus. And I've threatened to sell them on the black market. They skateboard don't care. Assholes.

As for sex, after my first was awful. We weren't intimate barely at all during either pregnancy. But we tried at 6 weeks post, and failed. Waited until about 11-12 weeks and it was great (and I ended up pregnant). After this baby, we tried after 6 weeks and I had no issues this time. The biggest issue is finding a time when both of us want it, aren't to tired, and the babies are actually sleeping...
    Yes. This 100%. We've only had sex twice now and it's entirely because of this. By the time my SO is home from work and then the baby is asleep, I'm way too tired to even think about seducing my man. Luckily he seems to be feeling the same way these days. I imagine our sex life will improve once LO sleeps for longer than a 4 hour stretch...