Me: 28 | DH: 31
Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
TTC #1 since November 2015
BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
raw.gif 810.1K

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Loading the player...
  • My MBF is DH. He took good care of me last night after my BFN, but part of that included going to Dairy Queen for ice cream in my car. When he came home, he put my keys in some random place and then proceeded with said ice cream. I assumed he had put the keys back in my purse like a normal person. Nope. I got out to my car this morning with no keys. I sat at the door knocking for 5 minutes because he wasn't friggin' awake and thought the loud knocks on the door were part of his dream. Then he got all defensive when I was upset because I was now late for work and couldn't get coffee. I have a horrible migraine and am practically falling asleep at my desk. He can be a great guy, but holy shit what an ass sometimes.

• In law rant. I know we just had a thread on this but ugh.

My mother in law. I love her, but lately she has been driving me particularly crazy. Three things in the last week:

1) She is insisting we replace the flooring in our living room, like right now. I have told her we can't afford it so she's offered to pitch in $250.00. We said thanks, we'll look at flooring when we can (because that's still between $250 and $500 we have to shell out). She called 6 times this weekend and left voicemails asking if we'd gone to look at the flooring yet, and then showed up unannounced and uninvited with flooring samples. I was already annoyed.

2) Our anniversary is next week and my mom wants to have a party for us. She called MIL to throw out some dates to see what works for her, then MIL called us and H told her he was working one of the days. So my MIL calls my mother and was like "how can you try to have a party for my son when he isn't even going to be able to attend? Didn't you think about that?" So now my mom is mad because she came across so rude.

3) I'm a little super bummed because my mom and dad separated lat October and mom won't let dad come to the party. I don't feel like having a family celebration when my dad is not invited, so I was talking to H's aunt last night at a dinner and in walks MIL and she goes "well this isn't your business anyway Dilynne. It is what it is. Why are you trying to be in everyone's business." K, first of all. I'm not trying to get in everyone's business. I'm trying to decide if I feel comfortable having a celebration without my dad there. Second, I want to throw something at you.

//rantover.
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• @Dilynne Sorry you're MIL is such a control freak. Yikes.  

My MBF is with H, who like many of your partners is a bit of a hypochondriac.  He was apparently feeling ill last week and instead of using the normal thermometer in the cabinet took my BBT from my nightstand and decided to put it in his bag and carry it around for a few days so he could take his temperature any time he felt bad.  I took a cycle off after multiple losses and so didn't notice until today, when was finally ready and excited to start temping and trying again.  Except when I woke up and reached for my thermometer this morning IT WASN'T THERE!  I know I'm only CD4 so it's not a huge deal to start a day later but DAMMIT H!
  • Me.  My hair, my clothes,  everything! Why can't I have one day with good hair and a great outfit!!! I cleaned out my closet yesterday and got rid of so many things that I don't wear and yet this morning I can't seem to find anything!!!
  • @thj101 That's so irritating. I work in the Creative field, so I totally get where you're coming from. Everybody thinks that they can easily do things themselves, even with no experience or required tools. I'm totally into buying handmade stuff, and try to shop locally when I can. I don't get why people don't understand how much really goes into creating things.

@Dilynne That's so annoying. Why does she even care about the flooring in your house. 

@DoctorDonna That sounds like something my H would do. So frustrating! Hope you were able to find some coffee.

• TW: this is probably just a little bit insensitive in general. So, don't read if you are having a hard TTC day. 

So, this is the only place I have to rant about this (besides to my poor husband who just feels bad when I rant). If one more bloody person who already has a child younger than DD gets pregnancy/gives birth this month I am going to throw a freaking tantrum in the streets. I just want to sit on the floor and whine... It's not fair! It's supposed to be my turn. This isn't how it was supposed to be. But then life just does what it wants, doesn't it. And now we are finally about to start trying and all these people are popping out kids like 5 minutes apart and I wanted my kids close. And now they are going to be at least 3.5 years apart. And I just want to kick a puppy. 

I know, I am really lucky to have a child already. I totally will never take that for granted and she would totally be enough for us, if we never got another child. But, I wants lots of kids and my life has just not gone as planned and that is hard. I hope no one is upset since I already have one and am whining. I'm not sure what is off limits when it comes to that. Please let me know if I am being a TW. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy you are not being a TW... It IS SO FRUSTRATING... I hear you... I feel the same way, even though I don't already have a child, I can still understand how frustrating it can be.. Because it feels like I'm surrounded by people who just pop them out like it's no big thing.. one of DH's friends and his wife got pregnant with an "oops" baby 6 years after his vasectomy... 6 years! and he had a vasectomy!
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • @thj101 Good. I don't want to be annoying. I mean, we are just starting our TTC process, but I have been ready for a year and having to wait, mostly so that DH can get his life on track, is just so frustrating. I feel so behind. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy - No worries! I'm right there with you, lady! I had three people announce over the weekend that they are expecting...and I can't even have ONE. :( Hang in there, girl. You rant all you want.
  • Guys. The power is out at work. It has been since I got here (2 hours ago), and they still haven't fixed it. My job is 100% dependent upon a computer and machines. I can't do anything. And my phone is being stupid and won't pull up Netflix. Ugh. I'm so done. It's gonna be hell when it finally works. I've missed deadlines due to this, All my lab machines need to be recalibrated, who knows if there was a surge and any are damaged. What a great flipping Monday. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @mrsstuessy you are me exactly! I love my DD more than life and I want her to be a big sister. I was pg and lost that baby in Feb. I had always dreamed of 2 under 2, Now I'll be lucky if I get 2 by the time she's 3...it's so frustrating because it seems like some women look at their husbands and get KU. I thought life would be different at this point but it has a funny way of surprising us right? People tell me, you're young you have plenty of time, you don't want your kids too close together what about the cost of college what about this what about that....well I say FU to them because it's what I want! How I want to live my life and raise my family. Ok end rant sorry about that got a lil carried away...Just know you're not alone and if you ever need to vent feel free to :)
  • @mrsstuessy I feel the same way! DS is everything to me but I want so badly to give him a sibling and everyone is freaking pregnant and today I started spitting and had a temp drop the same freaking day I see what I thought were faint lines on two different branded tests. What the hell. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• I just wasted my entire lunch hour and then some sitting in the waiting room at Quest, and had to leave without even getting my blood work done. They had ONE person working, and at least 12 people in the waiting room. When I left, the woman had finished up one patient but hadn't called anyone else back for at least 15 minutes. I really think she just went on her lunch break. So annoying, and now I am going to have to go back tomorrow.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • @mrsstuessy - I feel the same way. DH is 3.5 now and I've been trying for 9 months. I was ready when he turned 2, but DH was not. I wish we would have started so much sooner. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
  • mrsstuessy  - Don't think you're being a TW either! We're trying for first but I can already imagine the future where I'm like, "let's get started one number 2 so they'll be close in age" and OH being like, "nah let's wait for things to calm down" -- I think there's so much pressure when you've already had 1 and it's not really fair.

My MBF: This is so dumb, irrational, and unfounded of me but our apartment has trash rooms on every floor (just like a tiny room with a chute and an area for dumping cardboard boxes for recycling). Apartment management insists that everyone break their cardboard boxes down before getting rid of them. We've received a ton of packages in the past few days. And they're SO hard to break down. Everyone seems to triple tape boxes these days. Or send things in unibody cardboard boxes that don't break down. So I don't really know who I'm annoyed with, our apartment management and their completely reasonable request for the sake of space-saving or companies that ship me things in sturdy packaging so they get to me not broken.
  • @MonaLisaRalphio I'm so sorry. That is ROUGH. I feel like I don't even know as many people in general as you know who are giving birth and getting knocked up simultaneously. That would be hard on anyone.

Mine is to celebrate the nice weather we're finally finally getting. I don't want to tell anyone how to do their job, but for the love of christ, PARENTS, TALK TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT ROAD SAFETY. There are kids on bikes and skateboards everywhere and they're all just flying around corners and off curbs and through intersections without looking and most of them are all wobbly like they might steer their bike or fall off their skateboard into my direct path at any moment. Kids are kids. They have short memories. It's been a long winter. I DON'T WANT TO HIT YOUR CHILD.
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• @MonaLisaRalphio I'm so sorry. In the last month, I've had two cousins and two friends announce. It's really hard. I can't imagine THIRTEEN + all the new announcements. I can't help but compare my H and me to them and wonder why not us. I'm sending you the biggest internet hugs ever today. 

• @MonaLisaRalphio that sounds pretty awful.  I cant blame you for the chocolate at all. Its hard enough just regular people getting pregnant around you, but when you know the people are just not good humans it makes it so much worse :(  Sending you creepy stranger hugs tonight. 

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• @MonaLisaRalphio that's rough.  I thought I had it bad in that department, but that's a lot of KU women.  There's a running joke at work that there's something in the water because "everyone" is always KU and they make the joke constantly,  meanwhile in just over here like,  well its not working for me. (I know it's early for me but I've wanted it for so much longer than we've been trying for and at least 2 of the women in my department were TTA)

I already had a pretty big BF in WTO and don't have it in me to carry it over here,  but my MBF in this instant can be that it took me 3 tries to write this post because TB kept saying "you don't have permission to do that"