September 2016 Moms

Monday bitchfest

I just realized today is Monday and no one has started our bitchfest! I admit, our board is notorious for forgetting to start these daily threads lol. But alas, here we are! Does anyone have anything to bitch about today? 

Re: Monday bitchfest

• I can't tell if I'm nauseous because I'm hungry or I'm nauseous because I'm just nauseous.  Either way I'm nauseous!
  • My parents... I just can't even talk to them anymore. My mom and I had the same conversation two days in a row. "How are the kids, the weather, baby names (which is already decided) and my brothers job/ moving out.  For like the last 5 phone conversations. My dad is so immature and ignorant.  He literally asked me yesterday "So Greyson was conceived on Sangria what was this one conceived on?" I literally lost my shit. I stopped talking to him, never have I been more disgusted than I was in that moment with his question... Why would he ask that?
    gah!!   
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ab920ab920 member
    On Saturday, someone said to me, "Isn't it a little early to be showing?" at 17 weeks, 4 days.  :| 
  • abyrd1227 said:
    On Saturday, someone said to me, "Isn't it a little early to be showing?" at 17 weeks, 4 days.  :| 
    Jerk! Some people have no tact  :/
  • I took my car to get the tires changed to all seasons (from snow tires) and my all seasons need replacing. $600 dollars. Plus, these useless tires took up space in my mom's garage all winter. Why didn't the place last fall tell me about the problem last fall? Now I can't shop around for a good deal or anything. Arg!! FWIW, I'm at a different place so it's not their fault AND the guy is giving me the sale price even though the tires aren't on sale. Still not happy when I'm saving for baby!!

Me: 30 | DH: 32
    Together since 2008 | Married 2012
    TTC #1 October 2014
    BFP #1 October 2014 | CP #1 October 2014
    BFP #2 November 2014 | CP #2 December 2014
    BFP #3 June 2015 | MMC at 16 weeks September 2015
    BFP #4 January 2016 | EDD September 12, 2016 | Baby Ducks born September 5, 2016

• DH and I spent a good portion of the weekend deep cleaning the house and rearranging furniture. I way overdid it and I feel like I got kicked in the groin today. 
  • Had my monthly appointment today. On 3/7 I weighed 152lbs. Today, I clocked in at 164lbs.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Since my husband and I started dating he's gone through 5 cars/trucks, not from accidents, he just likes to change things up. All used, so no brand new car debt but still. And they're all fixer uppers. The latest car he has is a piece of crap Celica that needs to die already. From day 1 there's something wrong with it, and he just sinks money into it like it's no big deal. Granted he gets a pretty awesome discount on car parts at his work, but when it comes time for my car to have some work done he always brings up that his car needs work. Not to mention the fact that he borrowed money from my mom to buy this car and hasn't paid a dime of it back, but continues to sink money into it.
    Yesterday he came home from work and his car was overheating, apparently it was going to be an easy fix but FFS, really?! It's a freaking lemon. So he took my car to work today since I have the day off and I go outside this afternoon and all I can smell is gas. His car is leaking gas at a pretty significant rate all over the gravel in our driveway. So I put a bucket underneath and called him at work, and I kind of let him have it because I'm so frustrated. 2 hours later and the bucket is half full of gas. He was super shocked, has no idea what has happened. I just want to get it towed away and written off so maybe he can put the money toward a reliable car or truck. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem spending money on regular auto maintenance, that to me is a reasonable expenditure for owning a car. But when every week there's something new going wrong, I get resentful, especially when my cars maintenance gets pushed to the wayside, not to mention we're already severely broke right now, and trying to save for a baby so what the hell else can go wrong? 
  • Had some bloodwork done today. I make it a point to look away as I sometimes get woozy if they take too long. The nurse stuck me and idk what the heck she did but it hurt. I said "Ooh. Ow." And she then proceeded to talk about my vein "Oops. Ok. Hold on a minute. Almost got it. Come on, vein...Man when I first went in your vein was like at the edge and-" and I quickly had to say "ITS OK you don't have to tell me what it did." Lady if I'm looking away and uncomfortable I promise you don't have to elaborate about my vein wriggling around or whatever. Ugh.
  • My boss at my full-time decided that the answer to my losing my second job was not to give me the increase she committed to when she hired me, but instead to offer a huge addition to my responsibilities and my hours with the possibility of maybe getting a small bonus if I can handle it. This is after she promised I would get a raise as soon as I proved I could handle the workload I already have, which I did prove, and I never received that increase. Hell. No. I think I'll just get another second job where I get paid for the time I work, thanks. *sigh* I have to meet with her tomorrow and convey all of this in a way that doesn't make me sound like I want to punch her in the neck. :/

BabyFruit Ticker
  • the breakouts on my cheeks are getting ridiculous. As soon as they clear up, 10 other ones replace them. And they aren't even like pimples, they are just big red dots and look like mosquito bites. What the actual hell ?! 

oh and I have what could be the flu? Just nauseas as ever and full body aches. Bed time is right around the corner 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Children! Stop screaming, please. I think my eardrums are about to start bleeding. 
  • Oh no @SarahMConnors.... :'( Your boss SUCKS!!!
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• JLmama118 said:
    DH and I spent a good portion of the weekend deep cleaning the house and rearranging furniture. I way overdid it and I feel like I got kicked in the groin today. 
    This was me today. Spring cleaning yesterday and yard work all day Saturday. So tired. Doesn't help that I was constantly worrying if I was overdoing it. My hips and legs are killing me today. I overdid it.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Last week, I spent early Tuesday morning in the ER because I couldn't stop puking and the nurse hotline that's part of my healthcare plan told me I needed to go. My husband was out of town so I had to drive myself. Got to the ER just in time to see a meth addict freak out on the security guard. Got my iv put in by a student. Then removed by his supervisor. Got a better iv and a really nice saline drip. Was told by a Dr that I need to educate myself on being pregnant because I just had morning sickness and I wasn't "that" dehydrated. Drove myself home. Crawled into bed. Went to fart and popped my pants. 

I'm hoping this week's going to be better.
  • @SarahMConnors -- I'm with blondie! Your boss totally sucks! Glad you are going to say no. Sorry you have to look for a new second job. :(
  • Oh my god @blondie080300 what a day!! Thank god DH came home a little early, and that your car was still at the gas station in one piece! I have to admit, if that had been me, someone would have found me somewhere just crying, so at least you gave it all a valiant attempt. :) 

@SarahMConnors Ugh I'm sorry that is horrible -- I have never understood why some supervisors think it's ok to promise something and then never deliver -- especially when that promise is something that will impact your life so much! A raise would be nice when pregnant, thank you, especially for an increased work load. Sheesh! I was once "guaranteed" an increase by two separate supervisors. Did it happen? Nope. One of them tried to just brush it under the rug and pretend it never happened, the other actually was pretty up front with me after the whole thing went down. Not that that made it any better. 
  • oooh @blondie080300 - what a terrible day, but you tell it so well!
    @SarahMConnors - damn! We were all hoping for a much better outcome with your job!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SarahMConnors - I know you have said that you really like the work you do and most of your unhappiness comes from feeling underpaid.  But I think you should start job hunting for a new full time job. 2 reasons: (1) It is often pointless to stay at a job waiting for it to get better. It rarely does. (2) If you are really valuable to your employer, they will pay to keep you. I once got a great promotion and pay raise merely by job searching. I didn't parade it in front of my manager, but I didn't hide it very well.

• Warning long rant: 
    Not sure if I'm being ungrateful.  We are going to our hometown that has 90% of both of our extended families for Memorial Day.  There we will do our sex reveal.  We stay at my parent's house and she will host it.  I had the vision of both of our immediate families, his best friend, my best friend, and my grandparents (1 set).  He isn't close to his grandfather at all so that wasn't really an issue but my mom's wants are staring problems....  She has three siblings (all sisters) that she wants to will invite and wants to invite my three female cousins.  I'm ok with that side but didn't want it that big.  Now H says well then we should invite his side BUT his mom is one of NINE (all but one lives here) and has a shit ton of cousins.  I at least used to be very very close to mine and even had the three female ones in our wedding but he was only close to one cousin.  I don't want to open this up to everyone but I don't think I can nicely stop the dominoes.  I already told my mom this and she kept repeating how this is big for her too (first grandchild) and how much her side would want to be there.  I don't think they do, not a single one called or texted me when they found out I am pregnant.  She has done a LOT for her sisters and their grandkids over the years somehow feels that they now owe her or something.  Ugh now I'm just rambling.
    TL;DR I want a small sex reveal but my mom wants extended family members which is leading to like 40 people being invited..... 
  • @jhems776 - that's so hard! Is there any way to do a small reveal at say 11:30 with those really immediate close friends/immediate family, and just have an overall party/lunch at noontime for all who wanted to celebrate?  They'd just find out when they arrived by whatever method you had chosen?  I'm not sure it would work. If that can't be done.. I'm on the side of your husband with this - that I wouldn't want to invite just one side of the family and not his.  you either need to break it to your mom that this is just not what you want, or invite the whole town over!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm with @AnnaS930. It sounds super annoying but I've been in similar situations with MIL unfortunately. I would say do a small reveal and then say you'll do a cookout/lunch/whatever with everyone who wants to come celebrate baby. That way the reveal is private and intimate and the rest just find out later. It's your baby and you can be bossy if you want to!!!!! (At least that is what I tell myself).
  • Also, @jhems776 if the huge shin-dig/reveal can't be avoided, I would not blame you for considering finding out the results just you and your husband before the party and doing the reveal for everyone else. You deserve whatever moment you have envisioned when it comes to this moment - you can't have a redo.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry that happened @DaisyQuinn! What a terrible day! :( 
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• ElcaBElcaB member
    @LeahKnits, is wearing earplugs considered poor parenting or...?

I will bitch about my tooth. I've been getting super headaches & toothaches for the past week, on and off. Only now, it's constant and the pain is worsening. I assumed the headaches were a pregnancy symptom, but realized yesterday that they're probably related to the tooth situation. I know I don't have a cavity because I just went to the dentist last month, but I'm afraid it may be my wisdom tooth. Sneaky bastard, causing problems when I can't OD on ibuprofen. 

Fortunately I managed to get a dentist appointment today, although they won't do x-rays due to the pregnancy. I'm freaking myself out --- how does a pregnant lady get her wisdom teeth out!? What about the post-removal pain meds!?!?!?!? HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!
  • @ElcaB I think in this case, wearing ear plugs would be good parenting. I am planning to get some of the foam ones for when I just can't handle it anymore. Sometimes if I could just block out some of the noise, it'd make me a much happier, patient mother. Evenings are really bad sometimes. The 11 month old has started yelling, for fun. No reason, just to hear her own voice. Noise can be really hard for me. Sometimes after the kids go to bed, if my husband is home, I borrow his noise cancelling headphones and listen to soft music. 

I had my wisdom teeth out right after my second was born. I went for a dental exam and cleaning while I was pregnant, and also saw the surgeon while I was pregnant. They scheduled the surgery for 2 or so weeks after my due date. Because my pain was not horrible, we didn't even talk about having them removed while I was pregnant. The dentist did xrays  while I was pregnant though. I think it wasn't a problem because it's only on the face, and they gave me two of the aprons to wear. Maybe if you talk to your OB about how bad the pain is, they can give you a  note for the dentist saying that in your case, an xray would be better now than later.