October 2016 Moms
Options

AW thread: show off your bling!

In an attempt to get the board a little more active today, let's have a super AW thread! Show off your favorite jewelry, and interpret "favorite" however you like. It can be flashy or sentimental, it just has to be your favorite. Bonus points for a good story behind it! 

Re: AW thread: show off your bling!

• Options
    well @kmalls wins I can't compete w that gorgeous rock!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrszoess said:
    well @kmalls wins I can't compete w that gorgeous rock!!! 
    @mrszoess nooooo it's not about how it looks, just the story! You know you have a story...
  • Options
    all of these stories are gonna make my hormonal self tear up! 

i I also love how these posts show everyone's personal style. :) and @kmolleltz I love your outfit! I also love that you're sharing your new culture with us! 
  • Options
    @mrszoess I don't really have much jewelry otherwise so :) later a beautiful Tanzanite ring is in store but we are committed to finishing our house first

side note: mazoezi is the word exercise in swahili and that is pretty much how I always read your name.... hah
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @kmolleltz that is ironic bc my chubby self does not like to exercise at all!!! hahha 

• Options
    mrszoess said:
    @kmolleltz that is ironic bc my chubby self does not like to exercise at all!!! hahha 

haha me either! so it's a bit surprising to me too 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    Gorgeous bling ladies! 
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    I do not have a picture of my favorite piece of jewelry, because DD helped herself to it and lost it, BUT, I will tell the story anyway!
    FI is super traditional, and despite us getting pregnant with LO before we were engaged, he refused to buy a ring to propose with that was less than half of his monthly wages. We just couldn't afford it at the time, and I couldn't allow him to do that while we had other things that needed paid at the time. So, one day while we were at the laundry mat, he put a quarter in one of the jewelry machines and came back with one that had my birth stone and told me he at least wanted SOMETHING on my finger from him, and even though it was just 25 cent costume jewelry, it was beautiful and special to me and I loved it. 
    Obviously my new favorite it my engagement ring, which also has a neat story because he proposed to me in the dentist office while I was having my teeth pulled! He was laughing at me because half of my face was numb and limp, and the nurses told him he was being mean. He said "I'm not being mean, I love her no matter what, as a matter of fact I'll show you how much I love her", he got down on one knee and proposed to me right then and there, and after I cried for a minute and avvepted, he kissed me right on my limp, bloody mouth ♡
    My other favorite is this huge, tacky, tahitian black pearl he bought me. He overheard me talking about loving black pearls, and bought me one. He couldn't tell from the picture how huge it really was until it arrived, but I love it regardless for the thought! It is AW jewelry to the extreme, but I wear it casually anyway haha
  • Options
    @Kaessi That is a stunning photo!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Schell2013Schell2013 member
    edited April 2016
    We were together for 4 years before he asked me. It was nothing terribly elaborate or crazy, it was simple and I'll never forget it! We've been together short of 10 years now and I do not know where time has gone. 
    Edit to add- we went to the store together to shop. I picked out my favourite three but made it pretty obvious This was my absolute favourite, though any 3 of them would of been awesome! I just didn't want any claws.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hubs and I had it made.Canary yellow diamond and two bands on each side.The bands are like the first ring he gave me but was lost while trying to get diamonds repaired.(Different jeweler)Been together 20 years married 7 this June.

Beautiful rings ladies