November 2015 Moms
Options

Diaper Check

Hi all!!

We've been using pampers swaddlers since DS and I have always loved them. However lately for DD, every dirty diaper is a blow out and frankly it's getting old so I am looking to switch. Her bum is very sensitive.

What are you using on your LOs?

Re: Diaper Check

• Options
    I still love swaddlers. A friend of mine swears by Target brand. Like me, my kiddos have a sensitive hiney, so Huggies was out for us (caused horrific rashes!) I've not used the Target brand before.

I liked the Luvs my sister bought us but, we have had such great success with Swaddlers, we figured, "why switch?"

What about Honest Co.? I've heard good things about those diapers.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kmd91kmd91 member
    We were using pampers until it was constant blowouts here too. At that point we tried out Luvs, and they have been working pretty well for our dude. I think they're super ugly, and I hate how they sound plasticy, but I'll take that over rinsing poop out of clothes multiple times every day. Now it's just like once every couple days, haha. But it's an improvement. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JLW0504 said:
    I still love swaddlers. A friend of mine swears by Target brand. Like me, my kiddos have a sensitive hiney, so Huggies was out for us (caused horrific rashes!) I've not used the Target brand before.

I liked the Luvs my sister bought us but, we have had such great success with Swaddlers, we figured, "why switch?"

What about Honest Co.? I've heard good things about those diapers.
    We had the same experience with huggies. I have two co workers who use target brand too and like them. I was thinking about trying honest. We may give them a go and see.
  • Options

kmd91 said:
    We were using pampers until it was constant blowouts here too. At that point we tried out Luvs, and they have been working pretty well for our dude. I think they're super ugly, and I hate how they sound plasticy, but I'll take that over rinsing poop out of clothes multiple times every day. Now it's just like once every couple days, haha. But it's an improvement. 
    The plastic makes me nervous that they may give her a diaper rash. Has your lo had any issues?
  • Options
    I found that my LO would have blow outs with pampers baby dry but not swaddlers. He also starts to blow out if the diaper is getting to be too small. We had issues with huggies giving him awful diaper rash so I've just stuck with the pampers. 
  • Options
    Were using Costco brand and we've never head a blow out! Love the double locking feature on them. 
  • Options
    kmd91kmd91 member

kmd91 said:
    The plastic makes me nervous that they may give her a diaper rash. Has your lo had any issues?
    Nope, it hasn't bothered him a bit. With that said though, he definitely doesn't have sensitive skin. He's never had a diaper rash in his life. So if your little one has more sensitive skin it's possible it could be an issue for her. 
  • Options
    We switched from swaddlers to pampers baby dry ( you get more diapers too).

I want to try target brand mh LO skin is just to sensitive, he had a horrible rash due to huggies.
  • Options
    We use cloth during the day, target brand at night. Blow outs are rare. LO has sensitive skin and has yet to develop diaper rash. 
  • Options
    I found that my LO would have blow outs with pampers baby dry but not swaddlers. He also starts to blow out if the diaper is getting to be too small. We had issues with huggies giving him awful diaper rash so I've just stuck with the pampers. 
    Same here.  We've stuck with swaddlers and just bump up a size when the blow outs start.  Always fixes it so far.

We also had a problem with her blowing out the baby drys, we'll actually she'd soak them through.  Apparently you're supposed to size up from their regular size for overnights.  So we're using size 3 swaddlers and size 4 baby drys, no blow outs or leaks.
  • Options
    So far I've used Target brand (gave LO really horrible rash with blisters) Huggies (tiny tabs!) Pampers (pretty good) and Honest Co.  I like Honest Co because it's convenient (their subscription bundle/wipes pack) the diapers are cute, and no rashes!  I'd like it if the tabs were larger and stickier. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    So far, we've had no issues with Pampers Swaddlers. When the blow outs start, we've just gone up a size without issue. The only other brands we've used were ones we got from our baby shower- Honest Company, Huggies, and generic. My FIL and his wife got us a huge pack of what I think are generic BJs diapers, and they were HORRIBLE. I hate waste and was determined to use them, but in the end, I was wasting much more water/detergent dealing with leaks and blowout multiple times per day. We didn't have any issues with Honest Company or Huggies, but we've been able to find Swaddlers cheapest, so that's what we've stuck with. They're on Groupon Goods every now and then (at least they were when I was pregnant, and I stocked up on various sizes).
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    I agree with PPs.  We usually use target diapers, or Pampers swaddlers if they are on sale.  Consistent blowouts (for us) usually mean the size is getting too small, regardless of what the packaging says for weight.  I really didn't like huggies, but we used them when others gifted them to us.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
     Apparently you're supposed to size up from their regular size for overnights.  So we're using size 3 swaddlers and size 4 baby drys, no blow outs or leaks.

Qbf. 

I didn't know that!  Good advice, I noticed Rhys seemed to be filling the overnights up to the poor of leaking this week.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    So far I've used Target brand (gave LO really horrible rash with blisters) Huggies (tiny tabs!) Pampers (pretty good) and Honest Co.  I like Honest Co because it's convenient (their subscription bundle/wipes pack) the diapers are cute, and no rashes!  I'd like it if the tabs were larger and stickier. 
    Do you feel like the cost is on par eith what you would pay diapers from the store. I glanced at it but it looked like there were not as many diapers in the honest bundle
  • Options
    LO is in size 3 Pampers Baby Dry. At night, he wears a Thirsties diaper cover as well, and that has largely solved his nighttime leaking problem. We were using Swaddlers during the day, but we've always used Baby Dry at night. I just got tired of buying two types; that's really the only reason I've stopped w the Swaddlers. 
  • Options
    We just went up a size last week to size 2! Not sure going up another size will help. I think she'll be swimming in the 3s, she's only 15lbs. 

Thank you for all the advice and suggestions. Going shopping for diapers tomorrow. The medicine she's on is making her go a few times a day so all this laundry is getting ridiculous. 
  • Options
    We live in the midwest and have a Meijers really close. I use their store brand cause they're cheap and work as well as anything else I've tried.

We did have to go up a size before he hit the minimum weight each time because he has ridiculously thick thighs, and they always cut into his legs before the waist fits all that well.
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    Do you feel like the cost is on par eith what you would pay diapers from the store. I glanced at it but it looked like there were not as many diapers in the honest bundle
    I do.  I could definitely find cheaper diapers by stalking sales then stocking up and taking advantage of the periodic Target gift card offers, but that takes time and planning I don't have to devote to diaper buying right now.  I actually pushed out the delivery date of my next shipment.  I am at a delivery every 5 weeks and I still have a number of diapers left over.  $80 for about 1.5 months worth of diapers and wipes isn't bad in my opinion.  Especially considering my daughter is somewhat sensitive.  The ONLY part I don't like is I can't split the order between two sizes.  However, starting at sz3 they offer the ability to get 1 pack of overnight diapers in the order.
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    GoogleMD said:
    I do.  I could definitely find cheaper diapers by stalking sales then stocking up and taking advantage of the periodic Target gift card offers, but that takes time and planning I don't have to devote to diaper buying right now.  I actually pushed out the delivery date of my next shipment.  I am at a delivery every 5 weeks and I still have a number of diapers left over.  $80 for about 1.5 months worth of diapers and wipes isn't bad in my opinion.  Especially considering my daughter is somewhat sensitive.  The ONLY part I don't like is I can't split the order between two sizes.  However, starting at sz3 they offer the ability to get 1 pack of overnight diapers in the order.
    So I bought a box of Honest diapers Saturday and so far have seen an improvement in the amount of blow-outs... NONE! No blow-outs since we made the switch and I think the size I got is even a little on the small side  (size 2). Also I feel like her diaper rash is getting better too. We LOVE the fact that they ship you diapers and wipes for 80 bucks and you can push up or push back the shipment. So worth it and only $1 more than a box of pampers swaddlers for the same amount of diapers. SOLD! 

I was looking around on their website site and saw they have reusable swimmy diapers. Have you tried these? 
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    So I bought a box of Honest diapers Saturday and so far have seen an improvement in the amount of blow-outs... NONE! No blow-outs since we made the switch and I think the size I got is even a little on the small side  (size 2). Also I feel like her diaper rash is getting better too. We LOVE the fact that they ship you diapers and wipes for 80 bucks and you can push up or push back the shipment. So worth it and only $1 more than a box of pampers swaddlers for the same amount of diapers. SOLD! 

I was looking around on their website site and saw they have reusable swimmy diapers. Have you tried these? 
    I've only considered it so far, but I have a shipment on the 29th and I'm very tempted to add the swim diaper to it.  I just found out today though that you can use disposable pocket diapers as swim diapers so I may do that instead.

• Options
    We use Luvs (size 3). So far we've tried Pampers , Huggies and Luvs. Luvs by far is the best for us. With Pampers my LO would have blow outs all the time. Huggies she would break out in a rash. With Luvs we have no issues at all. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers