January 2016 Moms

Houdini baby

Just had to share this:
So my LO is still being swaddled and in the bassinet in my room at 12w but we are trying to transition to the crib in her room. I've woken up a few times to find her right up against the side of her bassinet so the crib transition is more important than ever. She does the first stretch of sleep in the crib right now. Well last night while my husband was working I woke up at 3ish when the monitor turned on because she was making noise. The monitor is focused on the top half of her crib because we haven't found a great position for it in the nursery. Well there was a crying baby but I couldn't see her on the monitor. She had managed to wiggle herself to the bottom half of the crib and out of the monitor's sight all while being swaddled and not rolling (she only does belly to back).
Let's just say that is the quickest I've jumped out of bed in the middle of the night. My husband calls her the wriggly wiggly caterpillar like in the book. I guess she's living up to the name. 

Re: Houdini baby

• My baby does this too! I've watched him pivot himself 360* or until he positions himself with his head against something. Today is day one transitioning to his crib. We actually purchased the babyboom reste that basically straps him in place (and makes him feel secure like a swaddle) so I don't have to worry about him scouting and hitting his head and getting hurt. Hoping to have a bit more peace of mind!
  • klbhklbh member
    My kid rotates in his crib too! He's still in our room, so I haven't lost track of him yet, but this morning I woke up from him kicking his crib bars while lying perpendicular to how I put him down. Our little tornado!
  • Loading the player...
  • Has anyone found anything that helps with our scooching babies? LO moves so much, she bumps her head on the crib and wakes up in the middle of the night (just about every night.)
  • I'm using the babyboom reste and it's working great. Keeps him in place and gives him the security of being swaddles. https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66284126
  • Thank you so much! I'll look into it right now!
  • Haha! Yes my LO moves a lot. Lately she has been bumping her head up against the side too. 
  • Whenever I put my daughter in the crib, I put her head to the left end of the crib. This is how I found her both times I put her in there to use the bathroom today. I don't know how she does it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's crazy right. I've literally seen my baby pivot his leg and scoot his cute little bum over and repeat. He made a complete 360* turn in under 2 minutes one time.