1st Trimester

Pregnant moms with other children

Hi :)
Are you moms struggling to be all that you can to your other children while currently pregnant? I am 10 weeks +4 and I'm constantly tired and feeling nauseous. Some days I am so worn out it feels impossible to function (like today, ugh!) I have two girls ages 8 and 2. I feel bad that I am not the enthusiastic mom I was before. Thanks!!

Re: Pregnant moms with other children

• Totally. My patience is very thin too! 
  • Me too! Today I cried to my husband about it. I hope this goes away soon. I want some energy back and to not feel gross all the time. I am taking a Unisom and vitamin B6 at night and it helped completely for four days but now the nausea is back. I may have to add another Unisom during the day. The OB said its fine. I'm usually not a complainer but I am now! 
  • Loading the player...
  • My oldest (age 9) knows and he's actually been a big help. He's very conscious of the fact that I'm more tired and feeling unwell. Its been very helpful to have him be so understanding about the fact that I'm just so wiped!
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • I am 10 weeks 5 days and have a 4 year old and 2 year old 
    Honestly, I keep my door open, lay in bed and let my kids eat snacks and watch TV.  My daughter turns 5 next month and is very much interested in helping out more so I let her. We live in a bungalow so I have this option. Morning sickness...or more like all day sickness along with exhaustion has been tough again, but better than last time. 
    Take it one day at a time and rest when you can. Don't worry about the stuff around the house right now as you'll hopefully get your second wind in a week or two and be able to catch up. 
    My hubby does a lot to help out. Most of the cooking and cleaning is done by him and he takes the kids right after work if I need him to. 
    You're a strong mama! You got this