Baby Names

Boy FN for Lyle as MN

My DH and I can not agree on a first name that goes with Lyle as a middle name (it's my father's MN and we'd like to give our potential son, we're team green, part of his name). I love Henry Lyle, but DH hates it. Any suggestions the board may have would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: Boy FN for Lyle as MN

• Terrence? Not my fave name. It's nice, just nms but it goes well with Lyle. And boys named Terry are so rare nowadays.
  • Almost any name will go with Lyle. I like Henry Lyle, why doesn't your husband like it.

Aaron Lyle
    Abner Lyle
    Benjamin Lyle
    Bernard Lyle
    Christopher Lyle 
    Cedric Lyle 
    Dorian Lyle
    Desmond Lyle
    Edgar Lyle
    Ezra Lyle 
    Frederick Lyle
    Francis Lyle
    Gideon Lyle
    Gregory Lyle
    Harold Lyle
    Ira Lyle
    Issac Lyle
    Julian Lyle
    Jasper Lyle
    Kenneth Lyle
    Matthew Lyle 
    Morgan Lyle
    Noah Lyle
    Nicholas Lyle
    Oliver Lyle
    Oscar Lyle
    Patrick Lyle
    Phineas Lyle
    Quentin Lyle
    Roland Lyle
    Roger Lyle 
    Sebastian Lyle 
    Simon Lyle
    Thaddeus Lyle
    Tobias Lyle
    Victor Lyle 
    Vincent Lyle
    Wilbur Lyle
    Wolfgang Lyle

• Loading the player...
  • @Bringmemylongswordho Funny you mention Harold Lyle because that's my dad's name. DH couldn't give me a reason why he didn't like it, typical man. 
  • I like Henry Lyle! Maybe it will grow on him?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • CaboBride2015CaboBride2015 member
    edited April 2016
    I think almost any name will work, as long as it's not heavy in L's. What kind of names does your husband like?
  • @CaboBride2015 He really likes Xavier, and I do too, but I don't think it sounds good with Lyle. We've chosen Hazel Mae if it is a girl and do plan on having more kids so I'd like to go with something that sounds good as a sib set.
  • I think Xavier Lyle is just fine, fwiw. Hazel Mae is on our girl short list as well! Sort of random list of names that I think work well with Hazel and Lyle as mn:

Oscar Lyle
    Carter Lyle
    Ethan Lyle
    Wyatt Lyle
    Jacob Lyle
    Alexander Lyle
    Preston Lyle
    David Lyle
    Trevor Lyle
    Walter Lyle

• @CaboBride2015 He really likes Xavier, and I do too, but I don't think it sounds good with Lyle. We've chosen Hazel Mae if it is a girl and do plan on having more kids so I'd like to go with something that sounds good as a sib set.
    That was our girl name, too. Since we might have similar styles, here are the boy names my husband liked (not saying I liked all of them):

Jasper
    Jethro
    Andre
    Felix
    William
    Joseph
    Marcus
    Micah
    Jacob
    Elijah
    Theodore
    Julian
  • My DH and I can not agree on a first name that goes with Lyle as a middle name (it's my father's MN and we'd like to give our potential son, we're team green, part of his name). I love Henry Lyle, but DH hates it. Any suggestions the board may have would be greatly appreciated. 
       Henry Lyle is adorable! My cousin just named her new boy, Briggs Lyle. NMS but it flows well. 
       Benjamin Lyle
       Marcus Lyle
       Steven Lyle
       Austin Lyle
       Jared Lyle
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I like Henry Lyle..Xavier doesn't flow well IMO. Going off the style of Hazel and Henry...

Oliver Lyle 
    Benjamin Lyle
    Tristan Lyle
    Peter Lyle
    Charles Lyle
    Francis Lyle
    Thomas Lyle
    Malcolm Lyle
    Clinton Lyle
    Adrian Lyle
    Calvin Lyle
    Roman Lyle