Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Male Infertility Issues...

Hello Ladies!!!!
   I decided to open this discussion because although I've read some personal stories about the struggle with MFI, I feel like it hasn't really been discussed that much on here. My husband and I have been struggling with this issue for 3 years. We've had two failed IUI and just don't know what to do anymore. A lot of people have advised us to go the IVF route but righ now that just isn't an option for us. What has been your experience? What treatments have u decided on? Supplements? Accupuncture?  Amount of abstinence days to improve count and motility? Timing on fertility drugs, trigger shots, procedures? Any success? Please share ur experiences. I know it would be easier to read them on one post instead of searching through them all.

Anniversary
Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Trying to Conceive photo: TTC # 1 ttc-1.gif

PCOS photo: PCOS living_with_PCOS.gifBig Fat Positive
Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
PitaPata Dog tickers
Visit The Nest!

Me: 35  DH: 33
TTC #1: Since July 2012
Me: PCOS
DH: MFI (low count, motility, morphology)
Started with RE 10/14
IUI #1 - 3/9/15 - Got AF 2 days before BETA
IUI #2- 4/8/15- Got AF day of supposed BETA
Currently Self Benched to figure out what our next step will be

Re: Male Infertility Issues...

• Options
    Hi! Sorry, personal question. What is your husband's general health/diet like? I only ask because about 5 years ago when my husband was about 70lbs heavier and ate VERY poorly (too much soda, fast food, etc) and led a sedentary lifestyle, we were sad to see that his semenalysis was not promising. To add that to my own infertility issues w/ PCOS we were devastated. Skip fwd 5 years, we have tried to lead very active lifestyles w/ drastically different diets from then and his recent semenalysis was amazing! Our RE suggested that we try a round of Letrazole and a trigger shot and now I am looking at 5 faint bfps 3 days past AF's due date...So don't ever give up.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Hello and I am so sorry to all the lovely ladies out there dealing with the b@%*h we know as infertility. I've been trying to conceive for 1 year precisely. I am 34, my husband is 36. We are teachers with a lovely home, completely set up nursery, and are ideal candidates to raise a wonderful child! I apologize, as a teacher I must type in a comprehensive way, hence fewer abbreviations or acronyms. Like many hopeful parents of our future heroes, I believed conceiving would be easy and fast. I ended up being diagnosed as underweight with PCOS. I did gain several pounds and now have a healthy Body Mass Index, 18.5%. One of my fallopian tubes is open for sure, yet the doctor is unsure whether my left tube is open (via HSG analysis). I had a polyp removed from my uterus and have tried 5 cycles of Clomid before finally ovulating. In December of this year my husband had a semenanalysis done. He had about 17.5 million/milliliter. While this is normal, it is 2 standard deviations below the mean. If a person is 2 standard deviations below the mean as judged by intelligence quotient, they would be labeled by a physician as "mentally retarded", although the politically correct term is severely developmentally delayed. After many tumultuous rounds of increasing dosages of Clomid, I finally ovulated!!!! I took 4 rounds of 50 mg, days 5-9 to no avail. On the fourth round, my doctor redosed me for 3 additional days with 100 mg of Clomid....I had no period, ovulation or pregnancy for 2 months. I then had an HSG and took my fifth Clomid cycle, this time 150 mg on days 6-10. A Clearblue Easy Ovulation Predictor Kit and ultrasound confirmed I did finally ovulate!!! On June 22nd, exactly 18 days ago I had my first IUI!!! I was elated to even have an opportunity to finally try this $900 treatment. Sadly, my wonderful husband's sperm count that day ended up plummeting to 1.5 million, and only 300,000 post wash. We were devasted but went ahead with the IUI, nonetheless. I tested 12, 14, and 16 days postIUI and got only negative results. Today I was advised to retest and send my husband to a urologist. He has a varicocele and it may be contributing to his low sperm count and morphology issues. I was told I may get a blood test Monday if I don't get my period, that will be 3 weeks post IUI. These treatments and appointments are financially draining and the medication makes me satanic. I was pregnant in 2011 after 5 months of barely trying. I miscarried at 11 weeks. Interestingly, I didn't get a faint positive on a First Response test during my first pregnancy until cycle day 40. I currently on cycle day 38. I'm sending love to all the ladies sharing my struggle. I'm still hopeful this cycle and wish you all grace, strength, hope, persistence and most importantly, success!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm currently, not "I currently", darn it!
  • Options
    Hi! Me and my hubs have been ttc for over two yrs. We have had all the testing. He has super low testosterone, low motility and 0% morphology. He started Clomid 2 months ago. His first monthy blood work showed his testosterone doubled. He will have a sperm analysis next month to see if his sperm has improved. I continue to do ovulation kits each month and we practice timed intercourse. If we can get his sperm healthy enough but continue to not get pg we plan to try iui. We have talked a little about donor sperm too but that is far out. Who knows how we will feel then. I am trying to focus on the now and not too much on the future as much as I can. Good luck to you and your hubs.
  • Options
    Hello! Im 34 and dh is going to be 39, we have been trying to concieve for about 3 1/2yrs now with no luck. All test show that low morphology seems to be the issue at 1% and he has been to the urologist with no great news there. He has a varicocele I believe it's called and urologist said surgery may worsen the situation so he is letting it be. We just finished our 3rd iui almost 2 weeks ago and I go tomorrow for my bloodwork. This round we did puregon injections and progesterone suppositories, oh what a joy that was. Our RE said next option is IVF but due to costs we have to wait on that. I never thought trying to have a family would prove to be so difficult and emotionally draining, good to to everyone and fx we get some bfps soon!!!
  • Options
    My husband and I have been ttc for almost 2 years. ..since our wedding in 2014.  These have been the most difficult two years of my life.  My husband's sa came back with a very high sperm count,  but my 2% morphology...so there's our problem.  This weekend I got af again. It hit me extra hard this time and I've been an emotional wreck all weekend.  It has a lot to do with one of my oldest friends having her baby, and my coworker announcing her pregnancy the day before that. My coworker got married the same week I did so I took it really hard.  She doesn't know this though.   I smiled and told her congrats, and cried in the car.  At this point I am feeling like I'm starting to resent my husband.   I'm feeling like it's his fault, and that he isn't doing all he can to fix the problem.... But  I know he's hurting too.
  • Options
    @katbb I am so sorry for the stress ttc is causing you. My best friend who is the same age as me gave birth to her first yesterday, not gonna lie it did sting.

this is my first time posting on this board. We have been ttc for a year, I was diagnosed with pcos in February and have had no ovulation in the past year.

i was concerned about the quality of my OHs sperm because he was a very heavy smoker for 15 years and drinks probably 3-4 drinks a night. He quit smoking and I put him on a butt load of supplements including maca, 1000mg of vitamin c, zinc, folic acid, vitamin e, multi vitamin, evening primrose, coq10. I bought him a pill sorter from the dollar tree and I sort out his pills every Sunday. I also asked that he cut his drinks down to two a night. He has been on the vitamin cocktail for about 5 months. He just had his SA done two days ago and it came out great. I'm not sure if he had a problem to begin with but I do think the supplements help and he feels great!

he did make a huge deal after he got it done like it was the most important thing that has happened since we started ttc. I made a snarky comment about the endless blood work I've had, doctors appointments, ordering and organizing supplements, temping, charting, peeing daily in a cup for opks, spitting on the saliva microscope, acupuncture and chiropractor appointments, plus having my vagina poked around inside! 
    TTC since May 2015 with domestic partner of 13 years. Me 33 OH 33.  No ovulation or natural menstruation. Normal SA.
    Diagnosed PCOS February 2016
    First cycle 50mg Clomid 5/3/16, O'd CD 19 BFN
    Second cycle 50mg Clomid 6/1/16 O'd CD 18 BFN
    Third cycle Clomid 6/29/16 O'd CD 16 BFP @11dpo!
    EDD April 3 and praying things work out!