November 2016 Moms

Ticker Change Saturday | 04.16

edited April 2016 in November 2016 Moms
I went through the last couple of weeks, and it looks like someone different has been starting these every week, so I figured I'd start today's, since I'm excited about my new fruit! Sorry if I stole someone's thread. Feel free to scold me. Also, I shamelessly copied/pasted this from Friday's thread. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.  ;)

Week:

What's new with baby (size, development): 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: 

When is your next appointment: 

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory. 

*Edited for spelling
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: Ticker Change Saturday | 04.16

• Week:  11!  Second trimester is on the horizon!!!

What's new with baby (size, development):  My new fruit is a lime, and no more webbed fingers & toes!  :)

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby:  Bought my first pair of maternity pants and started to rough out my plan for maternity leave

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  Symptoms are starting to dissipate and I'm feeling pretty good!  Boobs don't make me want to cry 24x7, and nausea seems just about gone. I even had Indian food for dinner last night!  I wouldn't have remotely considered that a couple of weeks ago!  I'm still pretty tired, though.

When is your next appointment:  First ultrasound a week from Monday!  Excited and terrified all at once!

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory.  So many to pick from!  I guess I would probably say my favorite memory is going to the Red Sox games with my dad and grandfather every summer.  My dad used to get my grandpa tickets for Father's Day, and take me, my sister, and my grandpa.  My grandpa would spoil us rotten by buying us all of the ice cream and junk food we wanted.  I miss him, and think of him whenever I go to a game!  :)
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Week: 10

What's new with baby (size, development): I think a prune or strawberry. 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: zilch. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Still pretty sick, but started taking a new drug in addition to Diclectin (in Canada here) called Maxeran, and it's helping a bit. 

When is your next appointment: Wednesday. I just saw him this past Wednesday but since I'm high risk and I've been so sick, I have to do back to back appts for a bit. 

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory. Blah. This will sound awful, but I don't really recall my childhood fondly. It wasn't awful or terribly abusive, but my parents aren't exactly the greatest people, and they won't be winning any awards for nurturing. Sorry to be a downer. :/
    I've probably been on The Bump longer than you have.

After 31 cycles, baby boy K (IUI) born 11/03/11

BFP (Femara) - 08/09/13 m/c around 6 weeks. xoxox Baby April

Rainbow baby girl E (Femara) born 11/16/16
  • Loading the player...
  • @carlatron Aww, that's so sad!  I'm sorry I picked stole a crappy question for you.  :(
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• chloe97chloe97 member
    edited April 2016

Week:

What's new with baby (size, development): 
    Baby is a grape this week
    What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: 
    Nothing new, still trying to control my anxiety
    Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: 
    I'm hanging in there, but dealing with some major PGAL brain this week. I'm super tired and my boobs have started to hurt again, but that could be the progesterone supplements. My slight nausea/gags and food aversion seems to be leaving which scares me to death. I lost my last pregnancy at 8+3, so seeing a heartbeat at 9+2 would make me feel 1000 times better. My symptoms haven't ever gotten out of control this pregnancy, so I jut have to keep reminding myself that nothing really has changed or is changing.
    When is your next appointment: 
    Monday and it can't come fast enough!!!
    GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory. 
    We used to spend a week at a cabin up north every summer. I loved swimming and boating and taking walks in the woods. Some of my happiest times!

• Week:

What's new with baby (size, development): Size of a raspberry

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Nothing much. DH doesn't want to do anything until my first appointment. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Boobs hurt and the all day nausea. Nothing seems to help with it. I'm also very sensitive to smells and some days I'm just so tired. 

When is your next appointment: TUESDAY and OMG it can't get here soon enough!!!

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory. I had a very happy childhood and have any fond memories. I think one of my favorites is going out fishing with my dad on his boat. He'd let me drive it at least once a trip. Then after we'd come back in with a bucket load of fish we'd filet them together. I liked figuring out what the organs were. Sorry if that sounds gross, but it was great when I was 7.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Week: 10

What's new with baby (size, development): strawberry sized, and now has all his/her major organs up and running!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I feel like shit. Headache, nausea, total exhaustion. I'm so glad I can find the heartbeat on my home Doppler pretty consistently lately. It's good to have some happy pregnancy things happening alongside the icky ones.

When is your next appointment: May 5th. I'll do my blood draw for the genetic screening then and I'll have an ultrasound. I'm SO looking forward to it! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I'm getting major boy vibes and I've been calling him Issac (our chosen boy name) for a couple weeks now. If it's a girl I'm going to have to come up with a new baby name since we recently decided our front runner for girl names won't work after all. Also I'll feel so much better once I can rule out a couple more genetic abnormalities.

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory. Such a hard question! Amusingly the two memories that come immediately to mind are both related to my childhood cancer (I had a neuroblastoma removed at age 6). About a week post-op a couple of the nurses decorated the little cart/gurney that I was wheeled around the hospital in with streamers and balloons and it was awesome. I felt like the coolest kid in the hospital. The second one was the memory of the first time I discovered that I could run faster than my little brother again after I had recovered from the surgery. I remember I was so, so proud of myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shamrocandroll Go Sox!! I'm a terrible baseball fan, but I still rock the hat!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Moving over from Sunday, hope you don't mind!

Week: 8

What's new with baby (size, development): The size of the red and blue pills in The Matrix!  I know what I'm watching later today!  Head is more than half of the total size of baby, apparently, and baby is starting to move around even though I definitely can't feel it.  There's something about how my hormone load should be decreasing and mood swings might ease, so H will enjoy that...

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Nothing much this week, I don't think.  Still need to clean it its room though!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  the prescription I got yesterday seems to be helping the nausea, which is so exciting to me!

When is your next appointment:  May 12, though I'll go in for blood work before then.

GTKY: hmmm, I'm going to pick something different than last week.  We used to drive between LA and Las Vegas all the time to visit my grandparents, and my parents would have a bit of a time on their hands keeping four kids entertained in the car for what was usually a good six hours each way.  But without fail every trip they'd give a prize to whoever found the first Circus Circus sign/billboard/ad.  It was something like a gum drop that we could have anyway, but winning it made it so much more fun!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Week: 9

What's new with baby (size, development): Green olive and it's officially a fetus today! Out of the embryo phase! Hooray!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby:  Nothing

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  We got to see baby yesterday! Still growing with a good little HB. 

When is your next appointment:  First official prenatal appointment is next Friday at 9w6d.

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory.  Probably going to the beach with my family and another family and chasing sand crabs around with my dad and catching guppies in the tide pools to put in my little bucket. We'd put them back later when we left. We'd also catch some opihi and throw those in the bucket too sometimes. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @shamrocandroll OMG no don't be sorry! I was just doing some self-reflecting. I know that I'm being a better parent to my child now, and I'm at peace with my upbringing. Rising above and all that. :)
    I've probably been on The Bump longer than you have.

After 31 cycles, baby boy K (IUI) born 11/03/11

BFP (Femara) - 08/09/13 m/c around 6 weeks. xoxox Baby April

Rainbow baby girl E (Femara) born 11/16/16

• Week:

What's new with baby (size, development): fig

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: nothing this week

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I was glad my husband was out last night. I spent a long time in the bathroom :-)

When is your next appointment: Tuesday!

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory. I loved spending time with my grandmother and have fond memories of walking in the ravine near her house and then coming home for tea and cookies.
  • Week: 9 weeks

What's new with baby (size, development): Cherry

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: not one single thing

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I feel a teeny bit better. I puked last night but today the nausea isn't as persistent as it has been.

When is your next appointment: when I'm around 10.5 weeks.

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory. I lived with my dad and he bought a boat when I was in the 4th grade. We would spend practically every weekend camping at the lake. So many fun memories!
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married 7/2012
    DS born 11/2013
    Ectopic , right tube removed 8/2015
    BFP 3/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Week: 9,  Size of Cherry!  

Not really doing anything right now to prep for our newest 2 leg addition.  But we are getting a puppy next week,  so were prepping for her!

The only major symptoms Im having is breast pain.  Which I dont remember being this bad the 1st time.  

I dont have my 1st appointment until the 27th,  which is just with the nurse.  Not sure when I will meet with the OB.  

My fondest memories growing up would have to be going to this one fair.  I got an outfit for each my cabbage patch dolls then!

Married Nov. 3rd, 2012
    DS Born 12/20/13
    #2 EDD 11/20/2016
  • Saturday is tough for this- it's the only day I don't touch a computer. But I promised myself I would try my best to keep active and not shrink back to total lurker by keeping up with this. 

Week:

What's new with baby (size, development): size of a strawberry 

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: not too much - still on modified pelvic rest so just hanging out mostly

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: not too many symptoms. A little queezy here and there. Rant - the friends that know seem to be treating me like I'm made of glass and kind of avoiding me in an effort to keep me "safe". While I appreciate the loving place they are coming from, I work from home So I am seriously lacking adult interaction. It's been a tough week.

When is your next appointment: Monday for blood work.

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory My parents are both teachers and had Summer's off. So we would load up our big van and pop-up camper and drive across the country for 1-2 months. At the time it was kinda rough but now I really appreciate that time we spent together and getting to see 45 states. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Week: 8 weeks

What's new with baby (size, development): We've got a cute little raspberry

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Starting to clear out the room that will eventually be the nursery and a dear friend just sent me a TON of pregnancy/baby books that I've started reading too. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I think some "morning" sickness is starting to kick in. I have a general urky feeling off and on through the day and spent 30 minutes the other night fully emptying my stomach contents at 3am. Super fun. Oh, and the boobs still hurt like a mother#%@^&amp;@$. :smile: 

When is your next appointment: Friday is our last u/s before we, hopefully, get kicked out from our RE office to a wonderfully boring OB. 

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory. Hmmm... Probably summers at my grandparents' farm. Making crafts and cooking with my grandmother, feeding the buffalo and riding the combine with my grandpa... oh, and the annual naming of the new litter of barn kittens. 
  • Crazy weekend again so didn't get to post until now.

Week:

What's new with baby (size, development): Lime

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Still not a whole lot.  Planning how we're going to tell dd and friends.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I've been super lucky with practically zero symptoms.  Tired and early bedtimes are about it.

When is your next appointment: Cell-free DNA test on Wednesday and midwife appointment Thursday.

GTKY: Tell me about your happiest childhood memory. Going to Cape Cod each year with my family and grandparents.  Happiest times of my life.  We've started the tradition with friends so our kids will be able to grow up with similar memories.
    Pregnancy Ticker