January 2016 Moms

Colic Check-In

How are all the little ones with colic doing? How are you mommas holding up? Has your little one gotten past it yet? 

Brynlee is 3 months old and I feel like we are still battling it! She's sleeping well at night and eating well (Nutramigen) but she's still having these awful screaming fits where she is arcing her back, curling her toes, and screaming (inconsolable). Seemed like we were doing so good for a while, now the last few days have been rough...

Re: Colic Check-In

• Griffin has gotten much better. He's 4 mo tomorrow. We are actually transitioning him off of the Nutramigen. About 2-3 weeks ago, we noticed hos bowel movements were not right. He'd go 3-4 times a day, and it was always liquid form. So we are currently doing a 2oz Gentlease, 3oz Nutramigen cocktail for him. So far, so good. He's doing alright on it. We also just didn't think after a while the Nutramigen was filling him up enough because it's so thin and we didn't want to just keep increasing the oz's. 

He he still doesn't sleep through the night though. We get a 4-6 hour stretch, followed by another 5-7 hour one, I can't complain, but it sure would be nice to not have that MOTN feeding anymore. Sometimes his second stretch only goes 3-4 hours and he's up at 5:30, when I get up for work, instead of 7:15 when I'm about to leave.
  • I'm glad he's doing better! From the pictures, it looks like he's getting big! Brynlee is gaining weight, over 12 lbs now, and sleeping well at night (not during the day), but the AR is still a huge issue. The doctor is switching her to Prevacid in hopes that it will work better. She goes through the extremes during the day; she's either extremely happy, or extremely not, and there is no in-between. It's tough to figure out whether it's the AR or the colic.