Babies: 6 - 9 Months

If you did any sleep training..

Did you do naps or night time first? It seems like night would make more sense but was curious which order people chose. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you did any sleep training..

• SmrBrd2012SmrBrd2012 member
    edited April 2016
    I've heard that night time is much easier than naps since there are other external cues like darkness and more of a routine (dinner/bath/baby is ready to sleep for a long stretch/whatever). I only did nighttime ST and it worked like a charm. Nap times still suck sometimes bit I do think some of the night training helped with naps too. 
  • All depends on your kid but I did nighttime then naps. Naps suck from like 4 months to 8 or 9 months though. That's normal unfortunately.

• Loading the player...
  • I did nighttime then naps.  LO is pretty good with naps so didn't have to do to much there.  One thing I stick to with naps is making sure he is down for at least an hour on the first two naps.   I used to get him up if he woke up after 30 or 40 minutes but if I let him be he will go back to napping for another hour usually.   So I stopped running up to get him lol.   That was probably the best thing I took from sleep train in regards to nap.  Otherwise I do a shorter version of his nighttime routine and stay consistent with each routine. 
  • Mack2342 said:
    I did nighttime then naps.  LO is pretty good with naps so didn't have to do to much there.  One thing I stick to with naps is making sure he is down for at least an hour on the first two naps.   I used to get him up if he woke up after 30 or 40 minutes but if I let him be he will go back to napping for another hour usually.   So I stopped running up to get him lol.   That was probably the best thing I took from sleep train in regards to nap.  Otherwise I do a shorter version of his nighttime routine and stay consistent with each routine. 

This is actually really good advice. I started waiting to get DD or DS and almost every time they would go back to sleep.