February 2016 Moms

Post pregnancy acne

I've never had an issue with acne up until I got pregnant I would get a few here and their. Since having my LO my face has turned into a disaster area. Anyone went threw or going threw this what did you use what helped? 

Re: Post pregnancy acne

• Pregnancy actually cleared up my acne both times which was wonderful. I started taking the mini pill last week and it made me break out like a teenager all over my face, neck, and I've found a few on my arms..ugh! I stopped taking the pill to see if it clears up at all, if not I may as well go back on the mini pill. I don't have anything that helps just wanted to let you know you're not alone in with the acne. Hopefully someone else has some good suggestions for you. 
  • I have also had Acne since I delivered LO. I looked into it and read that our hormones are still crazy and will take awhile to normalize. This can cause unwanted acne :/ I have started to use coconut oil as a moisturizer and it seems to help. It seems counter productive to put oil on your face but it has an antibacterial quality to it. Seems to help me. Good luck 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My face was flawless during pregnancy, now 10 weeks PP and I'm getting acne on my chin, neck and some spots on my face. I haven't used anything on it yet, but before I used to use a Dove bar of soap and that helped, so I'm going to start that again. 
  • I don't remember it happening with DD1, but I'm definitely having acne problems this time. The worst is in my arms :( I ordered a face scrubber thing, because my skin feels super rough, too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @skschnake I used to put it on my face but it's gotten so oily now I can't even think of adding more. 
  • Pregnancy cleared up my skin, but things are haywire for me now too. I have been using face masks and am trying to give my skin some extra TLC. Not much to be done about the hormones wreaking havoc. :(
  • Since delivering my face has also gone crazy ! I look like a preteen with the amount of breakouts...and I hate it 
  • Mine has stayed the same PP. Are you all still taking your prenatal? I am still BF and my doc told me to stay on it. Not sure if that's the reason my skin is still clear, but I'll take it forever if that's the case!! ;)
  • I have been breaking out on my neck, and one just popped up below my lower lip tonight  :/
  • I had horrible breakouts with my first baby. It lasted up to a year after I had her. Finally I invested in beautycounter face wash and oil #3 and within a couple weeks my skin was clear and healthy. I still use beautycounter products and my skin stayed clear all throughout my 2nd pregnancy.