January 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone using a high chair yet?

Just curious... My LO is 12 weeks old and haven't put her in it yet. 

Re: Anyone using a high chair yet?

• Options
    Mine will be 12 weeks this thursday. I put her in it last week while we ate dinner but she didnt seem quite ready yet. May try her in it again next week. Shes a lot more into her toys the laat few days so it may help to keep her occupied in it
  • Options
    We're 11 weeks. Haven't tried ours yet. Its a stand alone kind and reclines so you can put a rather young LO in it.
    It's just me and hubs so we sometimes put her in her boppy with a blanket under her on the dinner table. We'll talk to her and include her in the conversation. It's kinda fun that way, we don't have to eat in shifts unless its one of her "the is world ending no one loves me" nights. Which those are getting fewer and far between.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son is 15 weeks today. We have put him in his a handful of times when we are eating if he is awake. He really seems to like it. 
  • Options
    I just put DS in his yesterday.  He isn't tall enough for it yet, even with the straps on the lowest notch in the seat cushion.  He looked so small, I had to giggle.  Hoping he will fit better in it, within the next month. 
  • Options
    I have the Fisher price one that straps to a chair. My Boy uses it regularly. We put toys on it during dinner and it usually keeps him occupied plus he likes being where we can see him! He is 12 weeks old
  • Options
    I think most are supposed to be used when LO can sit up on their own. We haven't even taken ours out of storage 
  • Options
    We also have the fisher price one that attaches to the chair, it has an infant reclining position so we've been putting our 14 week old in it for several weeks now! He loooooves sitting with us at dinner. We give him his little spoons to hold onto and he plays with them and sticks them in his mouth! We chat with him and include him in our conversation:) 
    I think he's going to be ready to eat sooner than later. He stares longingly at our food and slobbers all over his little spoons and often chews his fists while we eat, even if he's just been fed right before we sit down. 
    Hoping early introduction to the dinner table makes it easier for him to sit there to eat! 
  • Options
    If you haven't heard of the Lobster Chair it is a fantastic chair to take with you when you travel or go over to people's houses who don't have a high chair available! Here is a link if you want to check it out:
    https://philandteds.com/us/Products/Feed/Lobster#.VwtLF8ikrCQ
  • Options
    We have been putting ours in it when we feed him rice cereal. He actually likes it a lot. 
  • Options
    No but I should! She would love sitting up (reclined) with us at dinner time! We have put her on the table in her bouncy seat a couple of times and she loves that and so does my 2 year old.  He thinks it's cool that she is having dinner with us too! 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Ah! We have that fisher price chair too and I totally forgot it had the newborn position! We've been putting the bouncer on the table while we eat. Thanks for the reminder. 
  • Options
    I don't think I'd even attempt it, or any other chairs, until she is able to sit up comfortably on her own. 
  • Options
    Haven't used the high chair yet but we have the mamas and papas chair with activity tray. It has the nice supportive back and he loves sitting in it. Only let him in it for 5minutes at a time though til he's a little bit older even though it's marketed for 3 months+