May 2016 Moms
Options

GD Weekly Check-In

Hello GD ladies!! I hope you're having a good week.

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves/Confessions?

Recipes/Food Ideas?

GTKY: What guilty pleasure have you been indulging in most during this pregnancy?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GD Weekly Check-In

• Options
    Feeling really good! 32+2!!! 

My numbers have been great (diet controlled) and I'm down a few pounds to pre pregnancy weight. (Was only up 5 when I was diagnosed, after 29 weeks of hard work.. eating healthy and daily excercise. Started this pregnancy 25lbs overweight and wanted to be very diligent. Super proud of myself)  

I don't get that much blood out of my left fingers.. It's annoying. So I have to poke twice, or just stick with the right. 

Guilty pleasure is coffee. It's my favorite. I use half and half and a TBS of Belgium chocolate powder. I can also do a skim mocha from my favorites mom and pop shop as a snack. 

• Options
    I am feeling alright but definitely more tired  (i am 35 weeks and 4 days).

My levels have been pretty good so far but not so great on days that I am travelling for work by car. The drives are long and so my timing is off for eating because once I arrive I have to get to work. It's just making managing GD so much harder. Days I'm working from home I do great! Do you find it harder to manage your GD or eating times on the weekend? 

Guilty pleasures include pound cake lol I've been having a slice here and there but nothing too crazy and my levels are in control. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My numbers have been great (diet controlled) and I'm down a few pounds to pre pregnancy weight. (Was only up 5 when I was diagnosed, after 29 weeks of hard work.. eating healthy and daily excercise. Started this pregnancy 25lbs overweight and wanted to be very diligent. Super proud of myself)  

I don't get that much blood out of my left fingers.. It's annoying. So I have to poke twice, or just stick with the right. 

Guilty pleasure is coffee. It's my favorite. I use half and half and a TBS of Belgium chocolate powder. I can also do a skim mocha from my favorites mom and pop shop as a snack. 

@Vivian0809 I also just stick to my left hand because it's hard to get blood out of my right. It's definitely taking a toll on my fingers lol 
  • Options
    RSaini said:

@Vivian0809 I also just stick to my left hand because it's hard to get blood out of my right. It's definitely taking a toll on my fingers lol 
    Right??? Ugh, annoying!!!!
  • Options
    Hey Guys! I didn't see a GD thread more recent than this one, but I'm sooo excited to say that I only have to check twice a day now! yay!

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • Options
    @Sienna516 that is awesome! I am super jealous. Can I ask what your levels are that you were able to reduce testing?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
    edited April 2016
    How are you feeling?
    Like a cow.  I've only so far gained 9 pounds over my original starting weight.  I guess you could say I have gained about 20 though since I lost weight the first two trimesters and then gained it all back plus nine.

Rants/Raves/Confessions?
    We FINALLY found the magic number of insulin units I need to take to get my fasting blood sugar under 105.  So I have to take 2000mg of Metformin a day plus 54units of Lantus
    My confession is today after my OB appt I stopped by Dunkin Donuts and got an iced caramel coffee, and a strawberry shortcake donut croissant which was amazing.

Recipes/Food Ideas?
    Who feels like cooking, I mean like really. 

GTKY: What guilty pleasure have you been indulging in most during this pregnancy?
    Jelly beans shhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell lol I work them into my carb count though.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    fasting usually in the 80's, 1 hour after meals 100-110, occasionally around 115. my limits were 90 fasting, under 120 1 hour after meal beginning (they said I could unofficially go with 130 after my 1st few weeks).

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • Options
    Thanks @Sienna516 .  My fastings are usually in the 60s or 70s, and post 2 hours are in the 80s or 90s.  My doctor skims my book (if he even looks at all) and tells me my numbers are perfect, but I'm still testing 4 times a day!  It would be nice if I could reduce!  I'm almost 37 weeks now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sienna516Sienna516 member
    edited April 2016

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen09 dang that really sucks. When I 1st met with my GD dietician, I asked if at some point I could not test 4 times a day and she said it really depended on the doctor. She asked who I had and when I said, she said that OB usually didn't let up on it. I ended up changing to a midwife a few weeks ago due to several issues I was having with my OB, so I think if I would have stuck with my OB I would've had to test 4x/ a day. My midwife is quite a bit more supportive and lenient with everything.
    Did you ask your doctor if you could reduce how many times? I'm the one that brought it up to my midwife.
    At least we're almost done...

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016