Babies on the Brain
Options

5 days late but negative test

I have been on BC regularly and haven't missed a pill. However, I'm 5 days late. 4 Negative home tests. No symptoms, not even regular PMS kind. The Husband and I were planning to start trying after our vacation later this year so we are not sure what to think. 

Re: 5 days late but negative test

• Options
    borgie05borgie05 member
    edited April 2016
    If your tests came back negative then you are not pregnant (at least not until you turn a test). If your period were truly 5 days late then a test would have turned. It is possible that you ovulated later than usual. Sometimes birth control can cause irregular cycles (among many other possible factors). Keep testing weekly until AF shows up or until a positive test. If still negative and no AF after 60 days, contact your doctor. A
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Depending on the type of birth control pills you are taking your period can become lighter over time. There were a few months that I had no periods, but wasn't pregnant. I was convinced that I was pregnant and went to the doctor. She said it was completely normal and switched me to another type of pill to ease my mind.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When used perfectly most BC is 99% effective. If you have been taking your pills regularly and at the same time I highly doubt your pregnant.

Test once a week until your period comes or you hit 60 days and call you doctor. Good luck!

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When used perfectly most BC is 99% effective. If you have been taking your pills regularly and at the same time I highly doubt your pregnant.

Test once a week until your period comes or you hit 60 days and call you doctor. Good luck!

This.
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    s_wyers said:
    I have been on BC regularly and haven't missed a pill. However, I'm 5 days late. 4 Negative home tests. No symptoms, not even regular PMS kind. The Husband and I were planning to start trying after our vacation later this year so we are not sure what to think. 
    If you were truly "late", you would have turned a test by now. You have 7 days of blank pills to start getting your period. Just because you got it on Day 1 or 2 of the blank week every other month, doesn't mean you'll get it those days every month. While I was on BCPs, I was regular for a few months - always got my period on a certain day of the placebo week. And then things changed and I didn't get it that day and low and behold - I was not pregnant. I just wasn't due for my period yet.

If the tests are negative, you are not pregnant at this time.

Test every week until you get your period. If you do not get your period within 60 days and your tests are still negative, contact your physician.

Keep in mind that even with the placebo week, some women just don't get their period while they're on BCPs. It's not abnormal.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
     4 days "late" from my normal period start day and a negative test with only slight cramping here. Why can't our bodies be perfectly predictable all the time?! grrrr