February 2016 Moms
Options

Does anyone experience shaky feeling all over the body and ear fullness after a c-section?

I am 8weeks pp now and I feel I am shaking in the inside and my ear is so full or having pressure in the inside and I am tired all the time and drowsy even after a goodnight sleep.

Everything started with a buzzing sound in my ear after I had an MRI after an emergency c-section. Before I left in the hospital the nurses and doctors told me that it's normal to feel like this due to MRI and due to being hypertensive after the surgery.

I endure the days with the buzzing sound in ears and shaky feeling until after two weeks the buzzing sound disappears but I started feeling fullnes in my left ear.

During my 6weeks pp check.up the doctor said everything was fine. My bp is stable now and my blood test was all normal. She said to try to visit an ENT doctor which I haven't done yet hoping that everything will be fine.

But yesterday I couldn't stand it anymore when my ear started to hurt a bit and the buzzing sound started again and the shaky feeling became worst.

Today I will go to my GP hoping for answers. I just wonder if maybe anybody have experience what I am experiencing.

Answers

• Options
    Sorry I only experienced the shaking following the c section in the hospital. On the topic of strange things our bodies do after c sections, when I lay on my left side I get this intense pain in the right side of my abdomen. I just chalk it up to gas bubbles that move that way when I turn but it's pretty regular. Luckily I'm totally loving just sleeping on my back after 9 months of not being able to. Also, my incision is still open in one spot 6 weeks PP. I'm over this.
  • Options
    @neilchen I'm 9 weeks pp I have pressure in my right ear, Ive seen my doctor about it and everything is "fine". @middy411 my incision started to leak fluid around the second week and has never really healed in that one area. When I went to my doctor for my 6 week pp appointment she squeezed out some fluid and put steri strips on it. Fast forward 3 weeks it scabs over falls off and remains a superficial opening. I continue to put the steri strips and some A&D ointment but no luck.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    edited April 2016
    kinnonam said:
    @neilchen I'm 9 weeks pp I have pressure in my right ear, Ive seen my doctor about it and everything is "fine". @middy411 my incision started to leak fluid around the second week and has never really healed in that one area. When I went to my doctor for my 6 week pp appointment she squeezed out some fluid and put steri strips on it. Fast forward 3 weeks it scabs over falls off and remains a superficial opening. I continue to put the steri strips and some A&D ointment but no luck.  
    @kinnonamUnless your doctor specifically said to put A&D on it, it's not a good idea to be putting any creams or ointments on a surgical incision. It can impair healing and increases the  risk of infection. Hope you both heal up soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the replies...my incision was so okay, just a little sore and itchy every now and then but nothing unusual...Hopefully this pressure in ear is nothing serious..Hoping all to be healing soon..Godbless..
  • Options
    @VitaLuna yea my doc said I can use the A&D 
  • Options
    Something similar happened to me...except my doctor had it packed daily by a visiting nurse. It's now completely healed. It started out with part of my incision feeling very sore and feeling a bit hard, then part of it opened and stuff oozed out. Once it opened my doctor squeezed and packed the opening for the first 3 days, then it was just a matter of packing it daily so it could heal from the inside out.  Took about 3 weeks to heal completely. My doctor and my visiting nurse both said this type of thing is extremely common. Very annoying though!

ps I was also to our absolutely no creams or anything on my incision. Only thing that I can use on it is sterile water (saline). 
    Pregnancy Ticker