Babies on the Brain

Intro

Hey!  I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a teacher and mommy to a 16 month old little boy. I'm ready to ttc now, but my SO isn't convinced.  So, I wait, which is hard. I'm an older mommy (I'm 37) and I lost an ovary at 4 months pp due to a large ovarian cyst, so I don't really feel like time is on my side. 

Re: Intro

• Welcome!

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hello there! Good luck with hubby. It's hard when you're so ready to start TTC and your other half isn't. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry that DH isn't ready yet! Has he given you any sort of timeline or indication as to when he might feel ready?
  • Thanks for the welcomes!  

He's not ready because of finances. We're both teachers. I have permanency, he does not (he has to reapply for positions every year). He feels like until he gets a permanent contract, we won't be in a financial position for #2. I disagree, but I don't think I can change his mind. 
  • @shan24 that's frustrating! Before I had DD, DH wanted to wait until he had a better job. He had been promised a better position and we were just waiting on the offer letter. So, I kinda pushed him a little. Well.. He never did get that job but I did get KU in one freaking cycle. Yikes! And then we had the stress of whether or not I could stay at home, something that is important to both of us, and it was all my fault. I think your husband is smart to wait. Babies are expensive!
  • I completely agree!  However, I'm confident that my salary alone could handle another.  It would be tight while I was on mat leave, but manageable. And, he's never been without a position. He just doesn't have job security from year to year. He feels like it "doesn't count" even though he's bringing in more than I am right now!