July 2015 Moms

The time has come for BABY PROOFING!

n3na94n3na94 member
edited April 2016 in July 2015 Moms
Happy Monday mamas!! The time has come for us to baby proof!! Have any mamas started or need to start!? What's your little one's favorite "no no" spot or thing!? My son goes around in his walker and loves to open the drawers lol he gets mad when I say no. They are so smart. I am buying in Amazon locks for the appliance a and cabinets today! 

Re: The time has come for BABY PROOFING!

• Getting ready to start here as well. She hasn't quite figured out crawling yet but she scoots herself around pretty good. So far I'm lucky that she pretty much sticks to the blanket I put on the floor with her toys. I do have a couple of unique areas that won't accommodate a baby gate or they have to have a really wide one that is super expensive. I saw on pinterest a fabric gate that hooks to the walls that I'm going to try to make.

I think my biggest concern as a "no no" spot is going to be the TV stand with the dvd players and wii (also happens to be where I keep her boxes of toys) and the bookshelf with all the movies on it.
  • LO does a funny little crawl but he has gotten quick at it. He loves to either go for the dog food or the cables behind the TV so we pick up the dog food or put it inside the crate. As for the cables, we are going to mount the switches on the wall and do our best to hide the cables out of his reach. We have a sectional couch and last night I rearranged it all and put his playmat in the middle so that he is pretty much boxed in except for one opening. We have a little box of safety plugs and what not that was a baby shower gift, guess I need to pull it out. He gets into the things I wouldnt even think about.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a perfect playroom (ex man cave lol) where we can close it off completely and put a baby gate up where I can still see her from the kitchen. Works great bc I've baby proofed the room and it's her little area. 

Her favorite "no no" thing is the dogs! She grabs them any opportunity she gets. One is a little timid of her and I get worried he may snap so I really keep him away, the other she attacks and he just licks her lol
  • We have a perfect playroom (ex man cave lol) where we can close it off completely and put a baby gate up where I can still see her from the kitchen. Works great bc I've baby proofed the room and it's her little area. 

Her favorite "no no" thing is the dogs! She grabs them any opportunity she gets. One is a little timid of her and I get worried he may snap so I really keep him away, the other she attacks and he just licks her lol
    LO also loves our dogs, especially their tags. Luckily they have been around many kids and are used to their jowls and ears being pulled. They are really good with him especially at snack time when LO drops half of his puffs. 
  • We've covered all open outlets and tucked away electrical cords, the cords were Her favorite "no-no" thing to play with, she tries to yank or chew them. Our cabinets were "baby proofed" from before I got pregnant because our cat knew how to open them and would hide in there smh.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh wow… we are on to Baby Proofing Round 2!!  LO gets into everything.  :smile: 

Our biggest challenge right now is our potted plants.  I consider our indoor jungle my little sanctuary and I won't throw them away.  We've moved all the plants to our bedroom; still, Hazel will purposefully crawl in to see if there are fallen leaves that she can munch on or if she can pull herself up and stick her hand in the pot for a handful of yummy dirt.  For now, we keep the door closed (pretty easy :smile:).  I have plans to buy mesh fabric to cover the dirt with and then to put large rocks on top.

A secondary challenge is our cats.  They climb on top of various surfaces at night and knock down small things that they can find -- twist ties on bread loaves that we accidentally leave on the kitchen counter, hair ties, banana stickers, etc.  Every morning I have to comb the carpet with my eyes before I put Hazel down, to ensure there aren't tiny plastic "cat toys" that she might put in her mouth.

I am just so glad that baby hasn't discovered the litter box yet!!!!!