January 2016 Moms

Clingy baby

Is anyone else's baby really clingy? Only mummy will do and she cries for everyone else!
Grannies are giving me a hard time saying I don't leave her enough but we are struggling to get her to take a bottle so getting out is hard!

Re: Clingy baby

• How old is she? I know around 3 mpnths during their growth spurt and wonder week they get clingy for a littke bit. So they say. 
  • I'm going through that 3 month clingy stage right now! He is also eating more and sleeping sporadically..
  • Loading the player...
  • Tell the grannies to stuff it. People made me feel like I was doing something wrong, making my lo "clingy" . Words were thrown around like independent, spoiled and ect. Seriously lo is what.... 3m old. Why on earth would lo want to be away from mom, mom equals survival. Babies are smart and built to do what's in thier best interest. Leaving her more will not cure the cling, it is developmental! The best thing to do is nurture baby so baby feels secure. And when it's time for baby to start exploring the world there will be no fear. Clingy is when you have a two year old who cannot play independently and flips out while you pee with the door shut. This will pass. Especially when you start solids in a few months. The time flys by. Trust baby they can't talk but they communicate well. Maybe granny smells funny, I had to tell my mom to quit with hair spray it was so potent. If it bothered me I know it too much for lo. Have you figured out how to nurse in a wrap? It can be challenging with a little baby because of head control. Getting the perfect cradle warp to nurse in is hard. My lo is pretty strong at 3m I can finally nurse in a front wrap cross carry without holding his head constantly. It's a life saver while your out to not stop to nurse.
  • Oh she is bang on 3 months!! Good to know others are the same
  • Boat! I'm so defensive with them - of course she wants me, I'm her mama and what's wrong with that!
    ill continue making her feel secure and hope it passes
  • My messages aren't posting!
    Boat! I'm so defensive with them - of course she wants me, I'm her mama and what's wrong with that!
    ill continue making her feel secure and hope it passes
  • Firsttimer16Firsttimer16 member
    edited April 2016
    Boat! I'm so defensive with them - of course she wants me - im her mum! 
    My so gets upset but he gets home right at witching hour
  • It just makes getting out hard between that and the bottle ive had 3 hours away
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    Little guy was 3 months on the 5th and is soooo clingy we're in the 4th leap currently... Looks like it's supposed to last somewhere around ten million days :|
  • Hipshaker said:
    Tell the grannies to stuff it. People made me feel like I was doing something wrong, making my lo "clingy" . Words were thrown around like independent, spoiled and ect. Seriously lo is what.... 3m old. Why on earth would lo want to be away from mom, mom equals survival. Babies are smart and built to do what's in thier best interest. Leaving her more will not cure the cling, it is developmental! The best thing to do is nurture baby so baby feels secure. And when it's time for baby to start exploring the world there will be no fear. Clingy is when you have a two year old who cannot play independently and flips out while you pee with the door shut. This will pass. Especially when you start solids in a few months. The time flys by. Trust baby they can't talk but they communicate well. Maybe granny smells funny, I had to tell my mom to quit with hair spray it was so potent. If it bothered me I know it too much for lo. Have you figured out how to nurse in a wrap? It can be challenging with a little baby because of head control. Getting the perfect cradle warp to nurse in is hard. My lo is pretty strong at 3m I can finally nurse in a front wrap cross carry without holding his head constantly. It's a life saver while your out to not stop to nurse.
    This! All this!