October 2015 Moms
Options

Concerned!!

So for the first time yesterday we gives my baby solids!! And decided to give her peas but husband wanted to be here when she first had them so I had to wait for him after work we ended up feeding her at 8 pm and my sisters are telling me that I'm not supposed to be feeding her that late specially since it was her first time now I'm all scared! Sorry FTM here 

Re: Concerned!!

• Options
    I've never heard that. I think it just depends on whether your baby can handle sleeping on a full belly of solids or not- which you won't know unless you try. 
  • Options
    The only reason to try earlier is so that they don't go to bed with a belly full of food to digest. If they have a hard time with it they can be crampy and gasy and make for a rough night, if that didn't happen, I wouldn't worry!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our doctor it's better to give new foods earlier in the day in case she has a reaction to it. But we also have a baby with an unknown food allergy. But I just looked at our paperwork from yesterday's appointment and the generic "sample schedule" says solid food between 5-7 and a bottle at 8. So I think the biggest things are just watching for reactions the first time and end the day with a full belly of milk. 
  • Options
    The only reason to feed earlier in the day is so if Lo reacts to the food you can take them to the doctors 
  • Options
    It's fine
  • Options
    riosvriosv member
    She did okay with it I didn't see anything wrong with her ! Thank you so much I w
  • Options
    We do it late sometimes just because that's how our schedule works out. You are ok momma.