Secondary IF

Intro

I am new here and looking for some other people to talk to about this process.  My husband and I have two boys - ages 4 and 5.  I did not have any difficulties getting pregnant with either of them, so assumed it would be the same this time.  Unfortunately, we have now been trying almost 18 months.  We had three medicated IUI cycles with Femara in January, February, and March, all of which were unsuccessful.  My husband's sperm count and motility were low, and we recently received results which indicated our chances of success with IUI are very poor.  So we are moving onto IVF.  If everything goes well, I will start the medications on April 30th.  Anyone else looking at similar timing?  I look forward to talking with everyone!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Intro

• pdbirdpdbird member
    edited April 2016
    Welcome! Best of luck to you. I went through the IVF process in May of 2014 (I started BCP in March of 2014) not by choice, but you deal with the cards you're dealt with. Read my signature for the story. 
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hello and welcome. I hope your stay is short. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh