July 2015 Moms
Options

RSV...

My daughter was just diagnosed with RSV and a double ear infection. She's on antibiotics for the ear infection, but the doctor said we just have wait out the RSV. Anyone found anything that works that can help the coughing? 

Re: RSV...

• Options
    Try Zarbees, works wonders for my LO. They have one for coughing and one for mucus and cough. 
  • Options
    No advice here but I hope your little one feels better!!! Keep us updated mama! Praying for a quick recovery!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD was also diagnosed with RSV in early March. She caught it from the other infant at her old daycare. (We didn't return after that) she was out for 2 weeks and coughing and congested. We ran a humidifier in her nursery constantly and lots of baths to break up the congestion. I also got a Nose Frida (yes I know gross concept, but it worked miracles!) my pediatrician is also originally from Denmark and he said they tell new moms to put a little breastmilk up the babies nose to break up the mucus. It has antiinflamatory properties. I used a medicine syringe and put a few drops in her nose whenever I changed her diaper. It took a very long time for her to recover so be patient and snuggle lots!
  • Options
    AKOL0AKOL0 member
    @mcb0110 How is your baby feeling? RSV is something that really concerns me. A long while back, one of my nieces was premature and caught RSV. At 7 weeks old, she passed away. I'm sorry I'm not trying to worry you with my story. She was a lot younger and not treated. Her parents had an appointment for the very next day.

I am always saddened when I hear of a baby having the virus. I really hope your baby is doing better.