December 2015 Moms

Weekly Bitchfest 4/11

Air out your bitchy moods and complaints here. 

Unrelated gif just 'cause I like it 

Re: Weekly Bitchfest 4/11

• I have a few, this bloody throat infection can get to f**k! I feel horrible and worn out and Zachary is being a wee grump today.
    I was visiting my cousin and her 11 month old, I do like her partner but when I saw him I kind of saw a different side to him- he was not nice to the baby (swearing and shouting) in general just has a temper, my cousin is paraplegic so she's in a wheelchair and needs some extra help obviously- all she asks is that he feeds him in the morning while her carer helps her get ready and he moaned about doing that, then all day sits playing his games or not helping my cousin (who hadn't left the house in months because he doesn't want to, and hasn't don't anything without her LO because he refuses to be alone with him) I felt so hurt, I did my best to take her out and do a bit of shopping while my SO looked after the kids so I hope that helped it just sucks I live a 3 hour drive away.

• Loading the player...
  • It's my first day back at work and I'm miserable. Even though the date has been set for over a month, they don't have a caseload ready for me yet. So I'm literally sitting at my desk doing nothing. My supervisor is fully aware and just stops by to chat every now and then. If they knew they wouldn't have my work ready for me, why didn't they give me a heads up and I would have stayed home an extra day with my chubby cheeked baby boy. Oh, and they didn't have a pumping area ready so they scattered to get me in an old office for that. Across the building. Literally the furthest corner and I can't leave my stuff in there so I get to lug my pump every time I go. 
  • My sons pediatrician told me that he is ready for food "when he consumes 30oz of bm/formula in a day" umm.... I can't measure how much he gets out of my boob. 
    My boss has no kids and doesn't understand the complete biological change that happens once that kid pops out of you so she can no longer understand that my job just fell on my list of priorities. I'm not a doctor, I'm not a lawyer, I manage a friggin storage place. It's not really all that important to me. Also I think you should have to pass a maturity test for them to hand you a store but that's a whole other story
    I thought breastfeeding my son and having him in daycare would build up like super immunities for him but I am pretty sure it's just making him constantly sick. Three days after he gets over a cold another one shows up. 
    My husbands "friend" who only wants to hang out when he can use my husbands truck to launch his shitty old falling apart boat is an ass. 

Okay, I think I'm done. I really needed this. 
  • Apparently my sister thinks that I have some PP issues because I left a function earlyish yesterday because it was DDs nap time and we had an hour drive home so I wanted to have her napping in the car. Also because I don't want to do a sleep over with her children(3yrs, 7m) in a camper on May 24 weekend. Am I crazy to not want to do sleep overs? I feel like we are just adjusting and getting into routines and nights like that mess with DD but on the other hand life is so short and I don't want to miss out because it's a bit out of my "comfort zone".
  • My DD has her first follow up oncology appointment on Thursday and I'm stressing through the roof about it. The first year is the most critical and it's really scary.  But it's so bad that I am convinced a bump in my mouth is cancer and I'm going to the dentist tomorrow because I've lost my mind. I don't know why this is where my mind has gone. I think the thought of her cancer returning is just too horrifying. It pains me to even think or write it.

And the baby had a high fever from her four month immunizations over the weekend so we had to cancel our first night out in literally six months because going out was too hard with a cancer patient and a newborn. And then she thought sleep was no fun last night and we both went to work on 3 hours of sleep, which doesn't help my anxiety at all.
  • kdoak2015 said:
    Apparently my sister thinks that I have some PP issues because I left a function earlyish yesterday because it was DDs nap time and we had an hour drive home so I wanted to have her napping in the car. Also because I don't want to do a sleep over with her children(3yrs, 7m) in a camper on May 24 weekend. Am I crazy to not want to do sleep overs? I feel like we are just adjusting and getting into routines and nights like that mess with DD but on the other hand life is so short and I don't want to miss out because it's a bit out of my "comfort zone".
    Yeah, no on the camping overnight. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I frickin hate that TB has ads in the middle of all the posts now.
    This! W.T.F.
  • @kdoak2015 The overnight thing sounds awful.  Stay away. 
  • First the little things. I have some really good tasks to do at work, things I like to work on, but that are time consuming and need my total attention in order to be done efficiently and the way I like them to be done. Unfortunately, our babysitter has the flu, so I have to stay home with my DD, and it is not easy to get computer work done when all she wants is to be held and/or nursed. She was decent today, but decided to get really fussy and awful when I was on a conference call with a state agency, and decide to start yelling and crying as soon as I "unmuted" my mic to ask a question. Just got a text that our babysitter is still sick and taking another day tomorrow. Sigh. 

The past two weeks have been awful in terms of my social life. I don't normally have one, but with Easter and visiting home and everything, I had a few opportunities to go out, and EVERY single one of them fell through. My mom backed out of watching the kids so I could go out while I visited home; my friend backed out of visiting for the weekend; my kids got sick AND my husband forgot that I was going to go out for drinks with a former coworker of mine and scheduled a meeting to sell his car, so I didn't go; AND my sister was going to visit with her fiance this past weekend, but was scheduled to work on Saturday at the last minute. I haven't had a real conversation with an adult that wasn't about work or kids in the past I don't remember how long.... 

And the bigger thing: The issues with DH and I have reached a weird point - strangely worse and strangely better. After a talk, I found out that his issue is that he thinks I'm "bad" at physical interaction: sex, cuddling, kissing, etc., and that he's been avoiding me because he feels bad and didn't want to confront it. But he refuses to tell me what exactly I do badly or the things he likes and doesn't like because it's too "embarrassing" for him to talk about. But it goes both ways, because if he won't talk to me about this stuff, then how do I learn what he likes or wants? And it's not like I can go "practice" with someone else. The sad thing is that this has apparently been an issue for him for nearly TWELVE years. What the hell? Anyway, we are going to get counseling, which I am pretty optimistic about.

At the same time, and this is less of a bitch and more of a hope, my DH just interviewed for a new job that potentially pays a lot better than the one he has now, and he told me that if he does get it, he wants to quit the other job a little early and have the two of us go on a little trip together. It would be our first trip together as a couple in 6 years, so yeah, we need it. But I'm not getting my hopes up yet because I've heard this so many times before. Until he has a start date, I'm not even believing it.   
  • When I get up to nurse at 3am, DH and the 3 cats steal all the covers :open_mouth: 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ammnam14ammnam14 member
    edited April 2016
    When I get up to nurse at 3am, DH and the 3 cats steal all the covers :open_mouth: 
    Oh my gosh yes!!!! I think it's time to upgrade to a king lol. DH and my dog take up more than half of the bed and when DD sleeps with us I'm left with like 5 inches of room. Sigh. 

Edited to add my BF.
    I'm out of coffee creamer so I made my own and it's terrible, thanks Pinterest .
  • ammnam14 said:
    When I get up to nurse at 3am, DH and the 3 cats steal all the covers :open_mouth: 
    Oh my gosh yes!!!! I think it's time to upgrade to a king lol. DH and my dog take up more than half of the bed and when DD sleeps with us I'm left with like 5 inches of room. Sigh. 

Edited to add my BF.
    I'm out of coffee creamer so I made my own and it's terrible, thanks Pinterest .
    Yes! Buy the king!! We finally did (2 kids in) & it's like night & day. Totally worth it!! Also Pinterest sucks. Is that something I should've saved for Thursday? Idc

bf....dd is leaping & going thru the 4-month regression. So which is it- let her soothe, suck, be rocked whatever ooooorrr better start that sleep training right this second or you're doomed!!??! I miss the days of ds when I didn't have internet influence & I just went with it. Sigh. 
  • I teach middle school, so I know drama comes with the territory, but why are the kids so mean to each other? Both of my classes have been dealing with bullying. Like really terrible bullying. 

Add in standardized testing for my low-level readers and students who speak other languages at home and today has been a peach. So. Many. Tears.
  • Just got rid of my cough that I had for 2 1/2 weeks with antibiotics...only to get another cough a week later. Thanks DS who is in preschool!!