January 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 4/11/16

Let it out

I'm so frustrated. Baby girl is 3 months old today and still cannot do tummy time because of her reflux. Her Zantac dose has been increased 3 times now. She's up to .75 ml/3 times a day! Poor thing starts screaming the second I put her on her belly, then if I turn her over or pick her up, she gurgles, screams in pain (not a cry), then spits up. Every. Single. Time.

Re: Monday Bitchfest 4/11/16

• Options
    ctmamaoftwoctmamaoftwo member
    edited April 2016
    @BarrettJ89 I feel you on that! Have you discussed maybe trying a different brand of reflux medicine? My little one switched to Nexium extended release about two weeks ago and its been working great! (We also switched to the dr brown bottles). We went from every time he laid down, tummy or back to having a soaking spit up followed by the tears to maybe 3-4 small spit ups which are always followed by a hidden burp we must have missed. He was also choking a lot of the spit up that didn't quite make it all the ah up too and i haven't noticed him doing that at all this last week. 
  • Options
    kaym6kaym6 member
    Last night I pumped and spilled 6oz of breast milk  :|
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    4 month sleep regression sucks. Little man used to sleep a good 5-7 hr stretch at night and now he's getting up almost every hour and screams bloody murder Til I give him the boob for 10 minutes and then doesn't want to fall back asleep. I feel like I'm back in newborn days only worse bc I know he's capable of longer stretches of sleep 
  • Options
    All these ads on the bump. I can't handle it. I keep hitting them and leaving the site. This is pissing me off. Oh and i have to go to the doctors tomorrow because the edge of my csection opened.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    My sweet husband tries so hard and is awesome at everything but one aspect of baby care - he does not understand the importance of LO going down for a nap.  Even if she's exhausted and it's time, if she fusses he will walk around with her in bright light, play with her, and allow her to miss her nap window.  He had yesterday off and he's on the night shift today so he let me sleep a little bit this morning and then run a bunch of errands I had to take care of.  Well, I come back at 3pm and she hasn't napped once.  Since 5 AM!  Needless to say she was a hot mess.  It has taken me *nearly 5 hours* to get back in our feed, diaper change/play, nap cycle and successfully end it with a nap.  Most of those hours she was crying.  She is finally down for a nap after 14 hours of being awake and I am praying it sticks for at least an hour!  

It's frustrating because I love how much my husband wants to help but if he can't get her down for naps at regular intervals it's easier for me to just do everything myself.
  • Options
    Not being able to fall asleep when LO is sound asleep sucks (not to mention snoring hubby next to me)
  • Options
    kaym6kaym6 member
    Alright I spilled more pumped milk this morning. I don't even feel bad for myself this time. I am an idiot who needs to get her crazy arms in check apparently. 
  • Options
    stephanienjerstephanienjer member
    edited April 2016
    Let it out

I'm so frustrated. Baby girl is 3 months old today and still cannot do tummy time because of her reflux. Her Zantac dose has been increased 3 times now. She's up to .75 ml/3 times a day! Poor thing starts screaming the second I put her on her belly, then if I turn her over or pick her up, she gurgles, screams in pain (not a cry), then spits up. Every. Single. Time.
    We are dealing with a similar issue. We are giving LO .8 ml twice a day, and I am worried that it's not enough. If we pace feed her, it really helps, but I worry that the day care hasn't quite caught on, so she's spitting up more now. Our girl spits up if we lay her on her tummy flat, but we have a tummy time mat with a big pillow on the end that sort of puts her at a 45 degree angle. I'll include the link. I was feeling really guilty for not having her do tummy time, but the doctor told me that baby wearing requires a baby to use the same muscles as tummy time, and to give that a shot. We got a used mei tai, and haven't looked back! 
    I really hope she outgrows the reflux, but my hopes are slim. Everybody on my side of the family, including me has had lifelong issues. 
    https://www.amazon.com/Mamas-Papas-Tummy-Time-Playmat/dp/B00OP56YEM/ref=sr_1_18_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1460481420&sr=1-18&keywords=mamas+and+papas