December 2015 Moms

Double stroller/bike trailer

Does anyone use a bike trailer that doubles as a stroller?  I'm interested in buying one (specifically the Burley Cub or D'lite) but I'm not going to use it as a bike trailer until he's old enough.  For now I can use it for trips to the zoo or the park, and I don't have to buy a separate jogger stroller either.  Does anyone have a stroller made by Burley?  How do you like it?

Re: Double stroller/bike trailer

• I do not, but I hope somebody replies because I'm curious!  My husband and I are itching to get back on our bikes as soon as DS is big enough for a helmet :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know about the Burley. We have a cheaper one and do does a friend. Both of us ran into the same problem with the bike/stroller combo. 1. The older children were more happy because they can sit up and look around better, but the babies were uncomfortable for the same reason. Her 6 month old who just learned to sit up is quite slumpy in the bike/stroller and very fussy in it. It took until 1.5 years until my older one was fairly comfortable. 2. The strollers that we both have are not compatible with our nice road bikes. Be sure you check this out before buying. 
  • Loading the player...
  • BethP321BethP321 member
    edited April 2016
    Holdmomma said:
    I don't know about the Burley. We have a cheaper one and do does a friend. Both of us ran into the same problem with the bike/stroller combo. 1. The older children were more happy because they can sit up and look around better, but the babies were uncomfortable for the same reason. Her 6 month old who just learned to sit up is quite slumpy in the bike/stroller and very fussy in it. It took until 1.5 years until my older one was fairly comfortable. 2. The strollers that we both have are not compatible with our nice road bikes. Be sure you check this out before buying. 
    Thank you (: I'm a little nervous about it not working on my bike.  The thing I like best about the burley is that all the newer ('13 and up)  models have reclining seats so it's not as awkward for the younger ones, and it's got a decent suspension system.  Burley also sells baby inserts and extra seat padding and all the wheel kits if I want to switch from the jogger to the two wheels, etc.  I just hope it works when I go to take the bike out next summer...  
  • We have a burley and we're thinking about how this would work. Our first couldn't sit in it comfortably until 2. She never ended up liking it, much to our disappointment.  If you do intend to use it as a bike trailer, keep in mind that it jolts them around so they have an age they advise so they don't get shaken baby syndrome. 
  • I just ordered my Burley Cub and it comes this weekend...  So excited.  As for SBS, I don't even have my bike right now (it's still across the country at my moms from when I lived there haha) so no worries there.  I just wanted a stroller/jogger for outdoors that wouldn't bang up my nice Graco, and then I already have a bike trailer for next year too. (:  so anxious.  And I bought a Burley baby snuggler insert so I'm hoping it helps to keep him comfy instead of the normal seats.  He'll be able to use the snuggler until 24 months.