Baby Names
Options

Which boy name is your favorite?

emilyray14emilyray14 member
edited April 2016 in Baby Names
DS is Hank. We are thinking of starting TTC this summer/fall. In the meantime, I satisfy my baby fever by talking names. Here are DH's and my top 4. Which do you like best? 
My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)

Which boy name is your favorite? 120 votes

Owen
39% 47 votes
Gabriel (Gabe)
34% 41 votes
Oscar
17% 21 votes
Brooks
9% 11 votes

Re: Which boy name is your favorite?

• Options
    I have an Owen and that is my favorite out of your list.  My second choice would be Oscar because I have a thing for names starting with a vowel but I voted for Gabriel because I think it pairs best with Hank.
  • Options
    Gabriel is one of my most favorite names so my gut is to go with that....however...i HATE gabe. So I voted owen.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like them all except Brooks

• Options
    Gabriel with Owen close behind. 
  • Options
    My husband is sad that Brooks isn't getting much love. Is it because of it being weirdly country music themey with Hank as a sibset? That's a concern we had, since a lot of people think of Hank Williams, we wondered if people would think of Brooks and Dunn? Or is it because of random surname?
    I, personally, am pretty happy because Owen and Gabe are my favorites lately. Thanks ladies!
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    I voted for Gabe. I like them all-- even Brooks. To me, it doesn't make me think country-- it makes me think trendy/ pretentious-- but I still think it's a nice name. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Gabriel is my top boy name, followed  by Owen. But I chose Owen because I think it goes with Hank.
    Great choices!

• Options
    My husband is sad that Brooks isn't getting much love. Is it because of it being weirdly country music themey with Hank as a sibset? That's a concern we had, since a lot of people think of Hank Williams, we wondered if people would think of Brooks and Dunn? Or is it because of random surname?
    I, personally, am pretty happy because Owen and Gabe are my favorites lately. Thanks ladies!
    I get a couple vibes from Brooks. With Hank as a sibling I do get a country vibe and I'm not a fan of that at all. Other times I associate Brooks with a mix of pretentious and trendy/random surname that I think sounds hip and cool. I feel like the other options just blow it away. 

• Options
    LizaKate1213LizaKate1213 member
    edited April 2016
    Brooks definitely made me think of Brooks & Dunn immediately. Paired with Hank as a sibset and I would definitely assume you were a country-loving family. Brooks is just random, it's not really a name. Brooklyn or Brook for a girl is ok though.
    BabyGaga