August 2016 Moms

Placenta previa

I just found out I have this..they are hoping it will move up as everything streches..anyone have experience with this?

Re: Placenta previa

• I had a partial placenta previa last time and it moved up, not complication, normal vaginal birth!
  • Thanks..that makes me feel better..I had a mild panic attack when the doc told me..plus Google is totally evil.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I had the same diagnosis with DD. Luckily mine moved up. Sending good vibes, hopefully yours will too!
  • I have now had two low lying placentas.  Obviously, waiting for this one to move.  My last one did.  Prayers yours moves.
  • I was diagnosed with partial placenta previa with my DD, luckily mine moved up hopefully yours will too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited March 2016
    I just received this news last night at my 20 week US.  Mine is only partial and my doctor believes that it will move up as everything stretches. I didn't have this with my first so I am new to this as well. She said that they will do another US around 32-33 weeks to se if it moved. 
    I googled it too as soon as the doctor left. She told me not to worry but we all do regardless.  I am praying that both of us get good news at our next US. 
  • Low lieing placenta 19 weeks 1 cm from cervix :( very nervous want vaginal delivery 
  • I go in for a quick ultrasound before doctor's appt on Wednesday to check my low placenta. 

FX all of our placentas move out of the way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • My high risk doctor says 90% of previa or partial that get diagnosed at 20 weeks aren't a problem at 33+ weeks. There's still a lot of growth and stretching that will happen! Try to not overthink it!
  • Hi! I had placenta previa with my last pregnancy. It was diagnosed at 20 weeks and I think it was partial at the time and was given a good chance that it could move. Unfortunately when it got checked again (I think around 30 weeks) it had moved to a complete previa. I was put on pelvic rest but my husband was deployed so it wasn't a big issue. I didn't have any problems until I bled at 36 weeks, went to L&D and had an emergency c-section a couple hours later. I had a scheduled c-section for 37 weeks though, so he only came a week early technically. Most placentas do move though! Everything turned out fine with my son, I was just bummed I couldn't have a vaginal delivery. This time my placenta is high and I'm hoping for a vbac. So I wouldn't worry too much until you get that next scan!
  • smilormariesmilormarie member
    edited April 2016
    I had complete previa identified at 12 weeks and it never resolved. If it doesnt resolve it's a scheduled c section at 37 weeks. My midwife swore it would move and even sent me for a final ultrasound at 36w6d. 

The only thing that changes otherwise is no sex, no insertion, no orgasm, no lifting starting around 24 weeks. And extra ultrasounds.

edit: mine was creeping along at 1 mm a week and never made it past 11 mm away when I went in for surgery. They needed it to be at least 21 mm away.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS