1st Trimester

11 Week Ultrasound - Gender Prediction? w/Pictures

Kirbs24Kirbs24 member
edited April 2016 in 1st Trimester
Hello all,
I'm 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant! I had my initial OB appointment yesterday and had an ultrasound on their best machine. And our doctor said that her gut is saying it's a boy! (We don't care boy or girl as long as he/she is a healthy babe). The dr. said she gets so nervous committing to it but she doesn't know what else it could be and she said its definitely not the umbilical cord (she pointed that out as well). She showed what she thinks is the penis to us at different angles.  I know it's crazy early to tell, but just wanted to get your opinions and just share in general :)

Thoughts?! :)

Ultrasound pics (sorry if they are a little blurry i have them zoomed in some):

Pic 1 (this one is right at the butt in between the legs, you cant see the legs here):
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6pKZYaE-RA8/VwUh7gM_FOI/AAAAAAAAOII/3h62Ymj1qxUR3QZtpL7Z--rJfTSlbF0IgCCo/s456-Ic42/IMG_6633.jpg  

Pics 2 (this one is also in between the legs, this time you can see part of the legs) :
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JNhlMbX6AYE/VwUaWJL5-HI/AAAAAAAAOHY/dfgTF4iI7QklQcjGLr8-OYZAHNlLlYR0QCCo/s382-Ic42/IMG_6634.PNG

Pic 3 (in between the legs, but at a curved angle):
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HZvIo3K0oWw/VwUahFU0kII/AAAAAAAAOHk/tGEyEcs56S0b0uEZD9Yp1L6jTrgSZ2iygCCo/s496-Ic42/IMG_6639.PNG

Re: 11 Week Ultrasound - Gender Prediction? w/Pictures

• Kirbs24 said:
    Hello all,
    I'm 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant! I had my initial OB appointment yesterday and had an ultrasound on their best machine. And our doctor said that her gut is saying it's a boy! (We don't care boy or girl as long as he/she is a healthy babe). The dr. said she gets so nervous committing to it but she doesn't know what else it could be and she said its definitely not the umbilical cord (she pointed that out as well). She showed what she thinks is the penis to us at different angles.  I know it's crazy early to tell, but just wanted to get your opinions and just share in general :)

Thoughts?! :)

Ultrasound pics (sorry if they are a little blurry i have them zoomed in some):

Pic 1 (this one is right at the butt in between the legs, you cant see the legs here):
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6pKZYaE-RA8/VwUh7gM_FOI/AAAAAAAAOII/3h62Ymj1qxUR3QZtpL7Z--rJfTSlbF0IgCCo/s456-Ic42/IMG_6633.jpg  

Pics 2 (this one is also in between the legs, this time you can see part of the legs) :
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JNhlMbX6AYE/VwUaWJL5-HI/AAAAAAAAOHY/dfgTF4iI7QklQcjGLr8-OYZAHNlLlYR0QCCo/s382-Ic42/IMG_6634.PNG

Pic 3 (in between the legs, but at a curved angle):
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HZvIo3K0oWw/VwUahFU0kII/AAAAAAAAOHk/tGEyEcs56S0b0uEZD9Yp1L6jTrgSZ2iygCCo/s496-Ic42/IMG_6639.PNG

This is not going to go down well. If your doctor wouldn't clearly commit to one sex, no one here will be able to either...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • hey! sorry, I'm not asking anyone to commit. Just wanted to know people's thoughts or experiences. That's all :)
  • Loading the player...
  • What they said. You can send your pictures to the gender experts if you "must" know. Or try the WTE app they seem to welcome these types of things. Most people here prefer to trust ultrasound techs or the dna tests and don't enjoy guessing. Join your birth month board and get involved there it gives you a bunch of ladies due at the same month as you. Instead of just posting random posts you can get and give support to ladies in a similar spot as you. The bump is great but some things just get old when you seem the same posts a million times and can you imagine how cluttered the boards would be if everyone single lady made a post like this? 

Welcome and congrats but just wait until your anatomy scan and enjoy the fact that you are expecting a baby right now. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Ok, then. Just thought i'd get some friendly, fun replies. Like I said, I'm not looking for an "answer" or care if I'm having boy or girl, just found the ultrasound fascinating and was sharing.  I'll post elsewhere.
  • Kirbs24 said:
    Ok, then. Just thought i'd get some friendly, fun replies. Like I said, I'm not looking for an "answer" or care if I'm having boy or girl, just found the ultrasound fascinating and was sharing.  I'll post elsewhere.
    On this site, this typically isn't considered a "fun" topic and here's why.  

We don't know you nor will we ever likely know you.  The "fun" in guessing with friends in family is to see if you were right or wrong but on an anonymous site like this, there's no attachment from us to you (unless you really bond with your BMB) and we likely will never know if our 50/50 coin flip was right.  Every site has its own tone and sites like babycenter and WTE generally attract people who are more into stuff like this. If you really wanna get into it, there is an entire site (I can't remember the name but I'm sure Google will find it) with message boards dedicated to guessing the sex of your child based on early scans.  

At my NT scan (at 12+4), the tech guessed girl, not based on anything between the legs but because "I have 2 daughters and the only way a child could be this stubborn is if it were a girl".  Turns out the anatomy scan showed he was right but I don't think his guess at 12 weeks was anything more than that, a guess, because until 14-15 weeks, the genitals of males and females are virtually identical.  

• Kirbs24 said:
    Ok, then. Just thought i'd get some friendly, fun replies. Like I said, I'm not looking for an "answer" or care if I'm having boy or girl, just found the ultrasound fascinating and was sharing.  I'll post elsewhere.
    Try Glow. The eat this stuff up. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LURK. my goodness.
  • I echo PP's. 

As far as my personal experience goes, I had done enough research early on to know that 11 weeks was too early to tell the sex, so I never asked my dr for her opinion or took it seriously when she was guessing it was a boy. Good thing I didn't because we are having a girl, as I found out at the 20 week A/S as well as a follow up u/s a few weeks later for something unrelated. 

Also, please don't let 1 post make or break your decision to stay here on TheBump. These ladies have so much knowledge to give, and are an absolute blast. I highly suggest lurking and getting to know the ladies in your Birth Month Board (BMB), and just get a better feel of what kinds of posts will get helpful responses (i.e. Braxton Hicks, legit labor contractions, morning sickness, etc) and which ones will be received not too well. 

Heres to a happy and healthy pregnancy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is the beauty of the internet. You can post whatever you want. You posted this; with out lurking, and we can post our response.
  • ecwk said:

HA!
    I love this one!
  • FiancBFiancB member
    edited April 2016
    Get a DNA test if you must know. That is accurate and thus actually worth the time/effort. Orrr wait a few weeks and accept that it really doesn't matter anyway.