Baby Names

Uncommon boy name help!

Help me with names! My DH is very picky with names, he likes them to have a meaning or significance. I'm more concerned with how they sound. We both want something that's not a top 100 popular name, so we are drawn towards more uncommon names. Our last name starts with an S and is very vowely (SP?) 

Come at me with your opinions!  

Enzo/Renzo
George
Rowan
Ayan (Eye-an) 
Lucian/Lucias
Aleric 
Cyrus 

Re: Uncommon boy name help!

• Love Enzo although I prefer it as a nn to Lorenzo

George is solid

Love Rowan

Ayan I would toss this

Lucian is alright

Aleric - suggesting Alec

Cyrus I like 

• Love Rowan, the rest are NMS
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • laurenm2123bbiutmcph  Thanks for the input! 
  • My favorites are Cyrus and Rowan. Aleric just makes me think "allergic," and Ayan would be extra vowely with your last name (plus it's a little strange to me). Lucian makes me think Lucifer, and Lucias looks like an error of Lucas and reminds me of Malfoy from Harry Potter.

Suggesting Alan, Adrian, Silas, Simon, Luca
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    Love Rowan. Enzo is ok too. Not a big fan of the others 

Alec
    Noel
    Micah
    Nico
    Abram
    Tate
    Xander
    Gage
    Bryce
    Blaine 
    Dawson
    Carson
    Cole
    Finn
    Tristan 
    Luca
    Silas 
    Cullen
    Pierce
  • Love Enzo. I like Rowan, George, and Cyrus. Don't like the rest.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Lusitano8 said:
    Help me with names! My DH is very picky with names, he likes them to have a meaning or significance. I'm more concerned with how they sound. We both want something that's not a top 100 popular name, so we are drawn towards more uncommon names. Our last name starts with an S and is very vowely (SP?) 

Enzo/Renzo
    George
    Rowan
    Ayan (Eye-an) 
    Lucian/Lucias
    Aleric 
    Cyrus 

I think Enzo and Rowan are on the verge of popularity, as I have seen a lot of people inquiring about them on here.

I'm personally not a fan of Ayan.  I think he will always have issues with people trying to pronounce/spell it. 

What about Alaric?  I think it sounds a bit better than Aleric.  And I do agree with the other poster when she said Allergy/Allergic.  That's all I can think of now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • momma2charmomma2char member
    edited March 2016
    Rowan, George or Cyrus are all great! 

Other suggestions:
    Harrison
    Sebastian
    Oren (means pine tree- nature theme like other names)
    Orion
    Walter
    Louis
    Sebastian
    Atticus
    Asa
    Malachi
    Kellan
    Jasper
    Tobias
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I like the first 3. 
  • Rowan is my favorite and I also like Cyrus. Least fave is Ayan. Too close to Aryan for me.

Suggesting Cedric and Ronan,
  • Love Rowan. Prefer Silas over Cryus but it's okay. Suggest Jasper, Arlo, Cedar
  • George is super common so I am not sure how it's on your list if you guys want an uncommon name.

From your list I like: Enzo, Renzo, Lucian (love!)

Aleric makes me think of the veggie Celaric- so dislike. Ayan will just be constantly mispronounced. I like Rowan, but it's been taken over as a girl name IMO.

What about Ezra? Or Luca? Those seem to fit with your naming style.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • George is not uncommon, out of the options I like Lucian or Cyrus. 

What about Avery?
  • Rowan was on my shortlist, I like it, but yes it is getting popular. I saw a little girl named Rowan the other day actually. 

From your list I like Lucian and Cyrus
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like George (although getting more popular), Rowan and Cyrus from your list. 

What about Ewan? (Although might be too much vowel with your vowel-y last name?)
  • I like George. Enzo is a nn to me. Ayan also made me think Aryan and that's bad.
  • Lusitano8 said:

Enzo/Renzo
    George
    Rowan
    Ayan (Eye-an) 
    Lucian/Lucias
    Aleric 
    Cyrus 

Cyrus is probably great but it keeps making me think of "That dick Cyrus" from trailer park boys. 

Enzo is great if you're talking about calling the kid "Lorenzo" and shortening it. 

Rowan is ok. Ever consider Ronan? That was our second choice for a boy (that we agreed on..)
  • Love Lucian and Enzo
  • I think Enzo is the best of your top choices.  It was my grandpas (nick) name but think it's cute to use as a first name by itself.   I've seen sooo many Rowan's lately, so warning! Lol 
  • George is the best
  • Enzo was at the top of our list but as a NN for Lorenzo
    I prefer Luca to Lucian/Lucas

I love Rowan.

• As a PP said, Rowan is definitely on the up and up. I've had 3 friends and several acquaintances/people my friends know in the last year name their baby (both boy and girls) Rowan. It's definitely trending up.

I love the name Alaric - never seen it spelled "Aleric" however.
  • Eko14Eko14 member
    I like Rowan. I had a cat named Rowan after Mr Bean once. It is a little more popular now. I know of at least 7 under the age of 6 in my area. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Enzo/Renzo - Not my favorite, reminds me of Orzo (sorry, just my main go-to for that name)
    George - Classic - can't go wrong with this choice
    Rowan - Great name. Also like Ronan
    Ayan (Eye-an) - Never heard of this name but on first impression, I don't like it
    Lucian/Lucias - Lucian is great.
    Aleric - Not my fave but not terrible
    Cyrus - Not my style
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.