December 2015 Moms

5pm bedtime?

My 18 week old usually has his last feed around 6:30 and then bedtime after he finishes. Today his last nap was 2-3:30 and now he's asleep for the night at 5pm! Does anyone have experience with this? Did they end up sleeping ok? He normally wakes up twice to feed and then is up at 7:30am. 

Re: 5pm bedtime?

• My LO is 16w.  He did this the other day and I thought he was coming down with something.  He typically sleeps anywhere between 13-16 hours a day.  On overage it's about 13.5-14.  He got to almost 17 hours that day. He's gone down 2-3 times around 4pm and slept for pretty much the rest of the night.Those few times have been in the carseat, which worries me, because I don't like leaving him in it.  I now will take him out of it after sleeping in it for a few hours, especially if DH or I are going to bed ourselves.  I am guilty though of just letting him sleep in it and wake on his own those 2-3 times. =/

To answer your ? though, in my experience it hasn't made a difference on his night time sleep when he does go down earlier than usual, his typical bedtime is between 8-8:30.  What I try and gauge is, "Where is he so far, in terms of hours slept?"  If he's on the lower side and depending on what time it actually is, I don't worry. 
  • My LO is 18 weeks and she will sometimes hit her last nap around 5:30pm.  Usually she wakes an hour later and is still in bed by 8:30.  However, the last few days she's been trying to go to bed at 7pm, which means she wakes at 4am :neutral: She's still sleeping 8 hours, just not the same ones as me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like..."what can you do?" You can't really keep them up so you're stuck with whatever it is for now. Too little to really demand a schedule. 
    My little gal is 15-wks and typically goes down between 6-7 but sometimes 5:30, sometimes 8- who knows! Don't worry - his little body knows what he needs. 
    Hope you got some rest, too 
  • blended10 said:
    I feel like..."what can you do?" You can't really keep them up so you're stuck with whatever it is for now. Too little to really demand a schedule. 
    My little gal is 15-wks and typically goes down between 6-7 but sometimes 5:30, sometimes 8- who knows! Don't worry - his little body knows what he needs. 
    Hope you got some rest, too 
    You're so right- his body knows what is best for him. We had a lot of wakings last night so I'm going to try to increase his naps by one more. I just wish there was a pattern but as you said, maybe he is still too young.
  • My LO is 18 weeks and she will sometimes hit her last nap around 5:30pm.  Usually she wakes an hour later and is still in bed by 8:30.  However, the last few days she's been trying to go to bed at 7pm, which means she wakes at 4am :neutral:She's still sleeping 8 hours, just not the same ones as me!
    Haha yes! I wish it was the same as us. If I go to bed at 7:30pm I feel like I'm missing out on some adult time!
  •    What I try and gauge is, "Where is he so far, in terms of hours slept?"  If he's on the lower side and depending on what time it actually is, I don't worry. 
    that makes sense- he did have two 1.5 hr naps and a 20 min nap. Maybe that 20 min nap wasn't long enough. 
  • Sounds like you may be over thinking it, just go with your babies ques.